IGNORED

Academy Category Two Status Confirmed + New Professional Deals Offered...

!james

Fair enough, I didn't realise it was quite as prescribed as that. I expect we may well see some youthful summer arrivals from Exeter & Plymouth.

That I believe is possible, there will be a lot of movement in the academies come summertime from all West Country clubs.

MM

I'm guessing that  category 1 academies will be mainly premier league clubs and probably the top ones. If so, then why do they need and get the best funding , given that they are already the wealthiest clubs to start with?

I know the bible says that to he that has shall be given more, but in football it does seems that everything is geared to enabling the wealthiest and most powerful clubs to maintain that status and ensure their long term domination of the game.

The funding is what the academy gets from the club, not from an outside source.

Anyone know anything about the Cardiff satellite yard at Yate? Mate went there and said quality of coaching was very poor.

Apparently Liverpool and Fulham are after academy product aron Davies 16year could leave for a small compensation fee according to the papers surly at 16 if he is that good he should get a pro contract so we get a bigger fee?

Rumour has it he has already gone to Swansea.

Don't worry though Zak Vyner (1st year scholar) is a better player

Anyone know anything about the Cardiff satellite yard at Yate? Mate went there and said quality of coaching was very poor.

Funding comes from the premier league and has to be matched from the club and is all dependant on which category the club obtains. I hear the satelitte training for cardiff is at Almondsbury and is equvillant to development phase.

MM

Rumour has it he has already gone to Swansea.

Don't worry though Zak Vyner (1st year scholar) is a better player

I was at an U18 match recently at The Gate and was sat behind 3 Swansea coaches, no attempt to hide the fact either, after the game they went on the pitch and down the tunnel. I wondered at the time who they were after.

As I have stated in a previous thread I was under the impression by a colleague of mind that Marley Bishop-Wisdom  has already argeed a move to a prem club in July.

So I cant understand why city are saying he has signed a deal . 

I am guessing that your colleague "has his wires crossed" and it was in fact Davies that has signed for a prem club.

I can not see Marley suiting the present style at Swansea personally.

Premier League has a lot to answer for. Scraping these kids out of academies, promising them the earth and then dropping them back down to earth. How many young academy prospects from any English club do you see breaking through in the Premier League? Joke.

Ross Barkley, Luke Shaw, Tom Cleaviley, Phil Jones, Jordan Ward-Prowse, Jack Wilshire, Stirling, Finigan, Sturridge

Want any more?

Cat 1 best of the best secures the most funding and can cherry pick the best youngsters for next to no money

Cat 2 can cherry pick from everyone below them not from above

Cat 3 can cherry pick from cat 4

Cat 4 least amount of funding and only take whats left once the other 3 have chosen,

It puts us in a better postion and see us competeing with the lower end of the prem and a few championship clubs for the countrys youngsters,

It will be intresting to see who's got what

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Cat 1 is the highest, only two clubs outside the Championship have Cat 2 (us/Crewe) - same again really - Cat 1 = better funding, better opposition, more ability to nick players off Cat 2/3 academies and you can go and piss on other peoples turf basically - which is what Southampton do around here.

Thanks chaps.

Crewe have a fantastic reputation so to be in the same category as them is impressive.

Basically its nothing special, but if your any good they fast track you over to the main Academy in Wales.

How many make it by staying with their original club and how many make it having been enticed away by a Prem club?

Of the 9 players a have you 3 have moved clubs Sturridge because Hughes didn't rate him so signed for Chelsea Stirling who left qpr youth team to join liverpools youth team and jones who left relegated bound Blackburn in a massive deal to man united

As I said want more because I have plenty

Archived