IGNORED

Subway

Tins

Difference is Redswerve is the mods have a copy of your Watkins love.

I'm not surprised you stick up for Muslims, what with Mo's thighing practices and all that. Get a bit sweaty thinking about it mate, or is that the lack of deodorant you UAF types prefer?

No mod has anything of the such. I don't think the mods are into fabrication like you.

You were being 'ignorant' in the sense that you were wrong, like when you said "Indians aren't Muslims". I even qualified it by prefixing it with 'perhaps' and it wasn't me that brought the word to the thread but you still need to start an argument

Do you really think that individuals of Pakistani origin who start restaurant businesses call them Indian Restaurants so they can secretly feed you halal meat in the hope you might catch Muslim, or is just that 'Indian Restaurant' is the social convention for such establishments, with a justifiable history and it's a commercial decision to stick with it?

He reads selective words. Very frustrating ain't it.

Isn't their slogan, Your Sub, Your Way? Well that won't be the case anymore! 

Forgetting the highjack from our good ol' friend, which I unfortunately knew would happen,

Yes, and half their set menu had ham or pork in it!

You can now only order meatball marina or chicken :P

Subway have already said that all the animals have been stunned before being slaughtered.

Just by eating meat you are responsible for an animals death. No way around it.

I don't think they kill an individual pig just to make a ham sarnie out of it. What you should have written is "you and about 1500 other people are responsible".

;-)

Stumbled into this thread thinking it was one of the rare posts in the non-football section that wasn't about race or politics.

A cruelly misleading title.

Perhaps "Muslims taking over the Country" would have been better, and more in keeping with the tone of the forum!

Mind you, it's bloody ridiculous to not offer the choice of both.

Stumbled into this thread thinking it was one of the rare posts in the non-football section that wasn't about race or politics.

A cruelly misleading title.

Perhaps "Muslims taking over the Country" would have been better, and more in keeping with the tone of the forum!

Mind you, it's bloody ridiculous to not offer the choice of both.

It's not about Muslims taking over the Country.

It's main purpose was an annoyance of the lack of both to be offered.

What is your objection to eating halal meat then out of interest? You will of consumed plenty of it in this country over the years...

Nothing. I haven't objected to halal meat. You may be confusing me with other posters.

My objection is that pork isn't offered because of religious views, which I find completely wrong. Both should be offered.

What is your objection to eating halal meat then out of interest? You will of consumed plenty of it in this country over the years...

no objection with halai meat because lets face any way of killing an animal isn't kind is it, the problem is taking away the choice its annoying that more and more firms have to pander for the minority

Nothing. I haven't objected to halal meat. You may be confusing me with other posters.

My objection is that pork isn't offered because of religious views, which I find completely wrong. Both should be offered.

no objection with halai meat because lets face any way of killing an animal isn't kind is it, the problem is taking away the choice its annoying that more and more firms have to pander for the minority

Surely it's a supply and demand thing?

The only people subway are pandering to is their customers.

It's the franchise owner of each individual stores decision what meat he wants to sell.

It's the taking off the menu of pork products that people object to. Why should non-Muslims (and non-observant muslims) have their menu shrunk because they happen to live in an area where there is a high Pakistani origin population.

I'm sure there's no rule that means muslims can't just select the non-pork products from a full menu - so why restrict the choice for the rest ?

There's nothing to stop Subway franchisees doing that, but equally there's nothing to stop the rest of us going 'F you Subway, you're not getting my custom any more'.

It's the taking off the menu of pork products that people object to. Why should non-Muslims (and non-observant muslims) have their menu shrunk because they happen to live in an area where there is a high Pakistani origin population.

I'm sure there's no rule that means muslims can't just select the non-pork products from a full menu - so why restrict the choice for the rest ?

There's nothing to stop Subway franchisees doing that, but equally there's nothing to stop the rest of us going 'F you Subway, you're not getting my custom any more'.

My assumption would be that because franchises buy in bulk from Subway, the pork products were hanging around too long and going off. As I've said though, the whole point of fast food chains like Subway is that their menu is homogenous and you should be able to go into any Subway and order the same product so I'm sure there could be a way around it rather than turning 10% of their stores 'pork free'

In my view RR has summed up all this story is:  assuming Subway stores are franchises, franchisees can stock whatever they want within the terms of their agreement with Subway.  If the store doesn't sell what you want, take your business elsewhere.  Doesn't bother me, since I already skip Subway for better sandwich options.

My assumption would be that because franchises buy in bulk from Subway, the pork products were hanging around too long and going off. As I've said though, the whole point of fast food chains like Subway is that their menu is homogenous and you should be able to go into any Subway and order the same product so I'm sure there could be a way around it rather than turning 10% of their stores 'pork free'

Vincent Vega tells a different story.

Vincent Vega tells a different story.

Yup same all over Europe and the world, different menus in McDonalds (you can get a lamb shish burger in Turkey) Burger King, KFC etc

McDonalds or some of them are franchised too I believe and the quality varies...you simply take your business elsewhere

Archived