IGNORED

Subway

Tins

What Subway woke up one morning and thought - Lets ban Pork, cos the Muslims get offended by it?

They banned it due to lobbying by Muslims. Customers, store owners for sure - but by lobbying.

So 97% of the population has to go without due to the tantrums of 3%.

It's when you stick your head up your arse that no-body takes you seriously.

The problem is with Subway agreeing to it. It's no different to you wanting Halal meat banned, it's just an opinion which they've agree too.

97% won't go to their 200 locations, and the 97% isn't taking into consideration vegetarians, people who don't like pork etc anyway.

What about the Great British tradition of choice? even in high Muslim populated areas?.

When did that ever come into commercial concerns?  If it means they can sell more franchises in high Muslim area's which is what I expect is behind the thinking, I don't think its right but they are a profit machine.  I give it 12 months before the number of halal numbers drop and new ones open.

Out of interest ever go to a halal curry house and demand pork chops?  They are just changing their offerings.

When did that ever come into commercial concerns?  If it means they can sell more franchises in high Muslim area's which is what I expect is behind the thinking, I don't think its right but they are a profit machine.  I give it 12 months before the number of halal numbers drop and new ones open.

Out of interest ever go to a halal curry house and demand pork chops?  They are just changing their offerings.

I'm not sure you would go to a curry house to buy a pork chop.  Likewise if you go to most curry houses you know your choices are going to be veggie, lamb, chicken fish, or meat!!!

If you go to a sandwich shop, I would expect to be able to buy novelty and experimental fillings as well as tried and trusted fillings, which do contain pork,bacon etc.  And in a shop who's Slogan is "Your Way"  I would have thought this would be crucial

Now if the Sandwich shop was per se a Muslim sandwich shop selling food that is appropriate for a Muslim,then fair enough.  But a national chain?!  No I think they have got this so wrong.  if you cannot handle products from pig, or non halal meat (which is one suggestion I have seen posted elsewhere) then maybe you shouldn't be applying for a job in a chain that sells these products!

I'm not sure you would go to a curry house to buy a pork chop.  Likewise if you go to most curry houses you know your choices are going to be veggie, lamb, chicken fish, or meat!!!

If you go to a sandwich shop, I would expect to be able to buy novelty and experimental fillings as well as tried and trusted fillings, which do contain pork,bacon etc.  And in a shop who's Slogan is "Your Way"  I would have thought this would be crucial

Now if the Sandwich shop was per se a Muslim sandwich shop selling food that is appropriate for a Muslim,then fair enough.  But a national chain?!  No I think they have got this so wrong.  if you cannot handle products from pig, or non halal meat (which is one suggestion I have seen posted elsewhere) then maybe you shouldn't be applying for a job in a chain that sells these products!

Sorry, call me pedantic, but the Subway slogan is Eat Fresh.

I'm only bringing it up as it was also previously mentioned by another user.

I agree with all of your points though apart from that.

Sorry, call me pedantic, but the Subway slogan is Eat Fresh.

I'm only bringing it up as it was also previously mentioned by another user.

I agree with all of your points though apart from that.

You are quite correct, it was their old slogan, but I guess slogans stick, so best stick to what the advertising man is selling you :)

You are quite correct, it was their old slogan, but I guess slogans stick, so best stick to what the advertising man is selling you :)

If we are being pedantic, the previous slogan used by Subway it the UK was "the way a sandwich should be", which was used until 2000.

"Your burger, your way", was a Burger King slogan.

If we are being pedantic, the previous slogan used by Subway it the UK was "the way a sandwich should be", which was used until 2000.

"Your burger, your way", was a Burger King slogan.

It was also Subways years ago, probably before it arrived in the UK, but it is a well known slogan that has stuck with the brand.

Edit

and here is a slogan they were running in the UK not that long ago, not your but my, all the same thing really, which they have now gone and undermined

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/05/01/subway-introduces-my-sub-my-way-strapline-part-new-2m-advertising-campaign

It was also Subways years ago, probably before it arrived in the UK, but it is a well known slogan that has stuck with the brand.

Edit

and here is a slogan they were running in the UK not that long ago, not your but my, all the same thing really, which they have now gone and undermined

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/05/01/subway-introduces-my-sub-my-way-strapline-part-new-2m-advertising-campaign

Oh yeah....forgot that. Olympics branding wasn't it

I think so, had loads of athletes doing it.

Reckon I should go in and ask for a BLT my way :)

I think you'll be okay. It's only 2 shops in Bristol that have gone halal (Montague St and Stapleton Rd).

Did you know Domino's only offers halal chicken.

Does it matter?

No I didn't. But. Then I don't use domino's. Do they publicise it Widely? As i have never seen one of their adverts saying now with only halal chicken. That said I have just googled this and it seems if people are buying domino's pizza because it is halal, are in for a shock as it seems young kids they employ regularly cross contaminate the meat as they don't wash their hands. So a few pizza lovers maybe going to hell and they don't even realise it!

Personally i don't think halal should be forced upon you, there must be choice or you end up pandering to a minority. Time business used both types of meat. I would not eat halal meat if I knew it was halal. I don't like the way the animal dies. I am fully aware that many slaughterhouses badly abuse our meat products. But many don't. I can only hope I am getting meat from one that stuns properly. What I won't do is choose meat which I know has been slaughtered in such a way. So as much as it may seem hypocritical' it is a choice I make.

No I didn't. But. Then I don't use domino's. Do they publicise it Widely? As i have never seen one of their adverts saying now with only halal chicken. That said I have just googled this and it seems if people are buying domino's pizza because it is halal, are in for a shock as it seems young kids they employ regularly cross contaminate the meat as they don't wash their hands. So a few pizza lovers maybe going to hell and they don't even realise it!

Personally i don't think halal should be forced upon you, there must be choice or you end up pandering to a minority. Time business used both types of meat. I would not eat halal meat if I knew it was halal. I don't like the way the animal dies. I am fully aware that many slaughterhouses badly abuse our meat products. But many don't. I can only hope I am getting meat from one that stuns properly. What I won't do is choose meat which I know has been slaughtered in such a way. So as much as it may seem hypocritical' it is a choice I make.

I'm not sure if some people who are complaining about halal meat are aware of how non-halal meat is slaughtered.

RSPCA Animal Slaughtering Factfile

RSPCA Religious Slaughter Factfile

I'm with you on the need for a humane method of slaughter for our meat. Nearly 90% of halal meat is stunned before slaughter and the RSPCA continue to campaign to improve this figure.

However, I firmly believe that the great majority of people who are offended by the existence of halal foods in the UK have little interest in the welfare of the animals.

I'm not sure if some people who are complaining about halal meat are aware of how non-halal meat is slaughtered.

RSPCA Animal Slaughtering Factfile

RSPCA Religious Slaughter Factfile

I'm with you on the need for a humane method of slaughter for our meat. Nearly 90% of halal meatis stunned before slaughter and the RSPCA continue to campaign to improve this figure.

However, I firmly believe that the great majority of people who are offended by the existence of halal foods in the UK have little interest in the welfare of the animals.

I agree with you. Many people dislike it because of it's Muslim background rather than what happens to the animal.

Having witnessed a halal slaughter in Egypt. No stun involved.. That was my mind made up.

I agree with you. Many people dislike it because of it's Muslim background rather than what happens to the animal.

Having witnessed a halal slaughter in Egypt. No stun involved.. That was my mind made up.

I've seen it in Turkey. A cow hanging from its leg, bleeding into the gutter. I don't think that there is much difference between the well cared for meat that is halal and non-halal in the UK. Most halal meat is stunned before it is stuck. Our ordinary meat is also stunned and then stuck, mostly using the same processes (the exception being the bolt to the brain used on some larger animals).

By the way, KFC are doing a halal trial, and Nando's also has halal shops.

Davros, how dare you. Oz has never lied in his life. Honest, fun and self deprecating that boy.

http://www.subway.co.uk/store-finder/search.aspx?cnty=28&hl=2

It's funny how he talks about it as if it was all stores too ;)

On the one hand there are over a 1500 Subways in the UK 150 turn halal only and there is histeria

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364037/Subway-overtakes-McDonalds-worlds-biggest-restaurant-chain.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

200 stores remove pork and its the end not a commercial choice for owners it oppression of the UK masses.

Archived