IGNORED

Subway

Tins

I find the insinuation that the Vatican was "anti-Semitic" with regard to the Holocaust outrageous. You have provided absolutely no evidence to prove this. Any theory that Nazism drew some psychological inspiration from Catholic anti-Semitism that I have read or listened to has been extremely flimsy and, by its nature, impossible to prove. To jump along and say that because the Pope did not speak out against the Holocaust, and then join these two ideas together, is scandalously facile.

I have made no such accusation. My view is that it was done to protect the Vatican from German occupation. I have, however, suggested that the only OTHER explanation would be anti-Semitism. If you can't understand the meaning of the little word OR then I despair of you.

I have made no such accusation. My view is that it was done to protect the Vatican from German occupation. I have, however, suggested that the only OTHER explanation would be anti-Semitism. If you can't understand the meaning of the little word OR then I despair of you.

Your accusation was that  "the inaction of Pope Pius XII would tend to lend credence to"..." believing that the motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews".

An outrageously ill-informed non-sequitur that you have been completely incapable of backing up.

Your accusation was that "the inaction of Pope Pius XII would tend to lend credence to"..." believing that the motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews".

An outrageously ill-informed non-sequitur that you have been completely incapable of backing up.

Sorry, which bit don't you believe? The theory that a major motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews or that the Vatican's inaction lends credence to that theory?

Sorry, which bit don't you believe? The theory that a major motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews or that the Vatican's inaction lends credence to that theory?

You're not going to bother trying to justify your assertion that "the inaction of Pope Pius XII would tend to lend credence to"..." believing that the motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews" are you?

You're not going to bother trying to justify your assertion that "the inaction of Pope Pius XII would tend to lend credence to"..." believing that the motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews" are you?

Yes. Or do you doubt that at least part of the motivation for the Holocaust was Catholic hatred of Jews?

Myself I believe that the inaction of Pius XII was down to protecting the Vatican, but I can see how some might see it otherwise.

Archived