IGNORED

All Time Top 5 Favourite Players.

Whites

Hi guys, running a poll for a little project. Would be interested to know who is your favourite 5 City players of all time. Not necessarily the best, just your personal favourites. CBeers in advance, Whites.

Matt Hill

Bob Taylor

Rob Newman

Scott Murray

Gary Shelton

Matt Hill,I don't know why, Just something about the whole persona of the guy, not necessarily the ability  

70's squad I was not old enough to realy appreciate.

I would have had Dziekanowski, The most naturally gifted player I have seen sign for us, but consistency and the fact he was always pissed drops him down the pecking order.  glad to have seen him play for us, and as Motty said (when on form) "People say he is from another country, on this display he is from another planet"  Utter utter class on his day,and imo way above anyone we have signed since.

Now i realise that despite the mediocracy of our beloved club we have had some great players even so.

I am surprised there are not more votes for Rob "Biff " Newman who was a titan in defence and also scored a fair few goals.

Apologies to Scotty ,Mickey Bell,Norman Hunter,Cheesley et al who did n't make my top five but bloody well should have !

Jim Brennan,Gavin...

Now i realise that despite the mediocracy of our beloved club we have had some great players even so.

I am surprised there are not more votes for Rob "Biff " Newman who was a titan in defence and also scored a fair few goals.

Apologies to Scotty ,Mickey Bell,Norman Hunter,Cheesley et al who did n't make my top five but bloody well should have !

Jim Brennan,Gavin...

Depends on Biff the defender, Biff the midfielder or Biff the striker.   I think he was awesome in our promotion team at the back, but I do think his best position was midfield.  If he had more pace He would have gone much further than Norwich, he was that good.  He was a true box to box midfielder with cracking vision and a eye for goal.If only he had pace.

Archived