IGNORED

Paddington!

Rob k

I was there yesterday, can't help you out today,

I can try and find out why they are cancelled for you if you like,

Cheers mate for the offer, somebody been hit by a train at Ealing station so the train manager has said.

Cheers mate for the offer, somebody been hit by a train at Ealing station so the train manager has said.

indeed a suicide at Ealing Broadway, that station and West Drayton are suicide hotspots, likely to be disruption for quite a while while they clean it up,

indeed a suicide at Ealing Broadway, that station and West Drayton are suicide hotspots, likely to be disruption for quite a while while they clean it up,

Was chatting to a bloke as was actually on the train and had to turn back in to paddington who said this had happened 2 weeks ago.

Was chatting to a bloke as was actually on the train and had to turn back in to paddington who said this had happened 2 weeks ago.

it happens quite alot there eventhough the firm I work for installed anti trespass fencing in the area,

I'm not 100% sure its suicide but its got all the hall marks of it, if it was a worker being hit he would of been clipped rather then being hit full on (which from what I've heard has happened) and they would of only shut 2 lines instead of all 4,

That being said the access to the track is awful at Ealing Broadway so there would be differculty getting an injured person on the lines

Hayes (and especially) Southall and Ealing have multiple incidents of this nature throughout the year. As a train driver you half expect the worst on approach to all three stations.

Hayes (and especially) Southall and Ealing have multiple incidents of this nature throughout the year. As a train driver you half expect the worst on approach to all three stations.

Sydney Gardens near Bath is awful for it as well

What makes it worse than any other station then?

because the area is a shithole?,

it just happens to be a hotspot, it can happen at any station or anywhere people can acess the track, why it happens at these stations more then others on the Great Western Route I have no idea

Sydney Gardens near Bath is awful for it as well

Certainly used to be. Not been so bad in recent years and now they have installed a wooden fence alongside the old low stone wall

I suppose Ealing and Southall are heavily populated areas with some social issues that have train stations with high speed lines running through them which can make them a magnet for people in the area who want to commit suicide. Possibly the fact they are so well known in West London as suicide hotspots doesn't help either.

A few years ago it was found that the majority of rail suicides are Muslim women.

Southall and it's environs has a large Muslim community.

In 2012 there were 366 days in the year and nationally 286 people committed suicide on the rails.

Pop down to Temple Meads and have a look at the front end of a train. For many people that looks much rosier than their current state of life.

Archived