IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

On saturday off to FC Twente which you should know from the friendly game earlier this season!  Very important match for us since they are two places below us and winning against them makes the gap 9 points... that should normally be sufficient to stay above them...

away box sold out and snow predicted. City did well in the snowy weekend against Sheffield Wednesday, lets hope we will act accordingly!

17 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

Great win today away to local rivals NAC Breda! Won 2-1 and more or less safe from relegation

T’was indeed a great win. Eredivisie football next season it seems. From what I can see there isn’t much money floating about in Dutch football and most teams utilise the loan system, it must be hard to anticipate what kind of season you’re going to have! 

Still a big smile on my face!!! Winning against the local rival/enemy and almost safe from play offs for relegation!!!! And we still have the top scorer of the Eredivisie: Fran Sol!!! Unbelievable top scorer when playing for a club in the lower regions of the eredivisie.  

After an away win against Pec Zwolle we are now officially safe from relegation! 13th place now. 

FC Twente against whom BCFC played a friendly game this season (still wondering why you didn’t play against us) and who was champion of The Netherlands less than 10 years ago are now relegated...

So the season has ended for Willem II. After 3/4 of the season we were in the (play off) relegation area. Then the supporters issued a manifest in which they requested the coach to leave. Three days later he did so and the first match after that we won with 5-0 from the champion PSV. The matches there after (against quite some good teams) we managed to get an average of almost 2 points per game. As a result we ended on place 13 of the Eredivisie!

A good end result after a terrible beginning of the season with a coach who only played not to lose. After he left the gameplay changed for the better and as a result the connection with the supporters is good again!

Looking forward to next season, with almost a full new team since 4/5 of them won't be there next season...

4 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Kick off for the new season, with a tradition copied from the Three Lions: flag day at the pub De Kok! Pre party was great, unfortunately lost the match against VVV with 0-1 (we deserved the win)....

D0435F85-3AC8-4A28-BAB2-D8B3C5486491.jpeg

Went to Tilburg few yeas back. Kafe De Kok is quality, Dutch equivalent of 3 Lions. Great Dutch music and we were treated like royalty for being from Bristol, free food etc. Great day, looking forward to going back again.

5 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Kick off for the new season, with a tradition copied from the Three Lions: flag day at the pub De Kok! Pre party was great, unfortunately lost the match against VVV with 0-1 (we deserved the win)....

Love it! Just got myself a Willem II Union Jack flag, I'll be over at some point this season. 

1 hour ago, willem ii said:

Did wonder where that St George (£6 off e bay) ended up lost on a pub crawl from Miners, Lions , Plough and Windmill, Orchard, Ostrich then centre. Good to see it found a good home.  

I owned a Willem II shirt many moons ago - this would’ve been early 90s so long before the clubs had any formal linkup. It had “Giraffe” emblazoned on the back - anyone know what that was? I assume some sort of sponsor unless the Dutch Peter Crouch was playing his trade with Tilburg...

7 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I owned a Willem II shirt many moons ago - this would’ve been early 90s so long before the clubs had any formal linkup. It had “Giraffe” emblazoned on the back - anyone know what that was? I assume some sort of sponsor unless the Dutch Peter Crouch was playing his trade with Tilburg...

there is no formal link as far as i am aware.  99.99% of our fan base could not care less about willem ll

2 minutes ago, city1983 said:

there is no formal link as far as i am aware.  99.99% of our fan base could not care less about willem ll

Rather rude.

Have you done a survey?

I would give you a healthy wager that more than .01% of Bristol City fans who attend Ashton Gate have been to Tilburg to watch Willem II. 

11 minutes ago, city1983 said:

I must confess I’m ambivalent myself and the fact I owned their shirt is sheer coincidence. 

Grasshoppers Zurich has always been my foreign team - although not crazy about th blue and white halves!

33 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I follow quite a few of the League 2 sides and the National League in general. I don't consider myself to be a fan though. The Sudanese fans following Eisa do they consider themselves as being City fans?

Go have a lie down mate. Surely not jealous are you ?

Archived