IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

On 12/11/2019 at 19:17, Trueredsupporter said:

Dutch lads you have the video assistant refs over there. hows it working for Willem II and fans? good? bad?

Last year it was not in favour of us. Got quite some penalties against us which the ref did not see and goals disallowed. This season it helped us a few times.

In general I am not a fan if the VAR. When your team scores in the past you got all the emotions out in that split second. Nowadays it is less emotions since the VAR can still disallow it. Beside that in the stadium it is often not clear what is happening. Although it makes the game more fair it takes away some nice emotions... 

Since this season in The Netherlands the VAR only takes action when the ref has made a clear mistake. As a consequence in some doubtful situations the VAR does not interfere. This helped us in the last match against PSV since there was a situation in which “8 out of 10” regs would have given a penalty against us. Now the VAR did nothing.

I'm looking to plan a trip to possibly visit Tilburg in the new year to watch the home game against Groningen or Heerenveen. 

Has anyone who's done a similar trip before have any tips on where to stay in Tilburg?

Also been struggling to find flights from the UK to Eindhoven airport, so Amsterdam seems more likely and then taxi to Tilburg?

Thanks in advance for any advice ?

3 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm looking to plan a trip to possibly visit Tilburg in the new year to watch the home game against Groningen or Heerenveen. 

Has anyone who's done a similar trip before have any tips on where to stay in Tilburg?

Also been struggling to find flights from the UK to Eindhoven airport, so Amsterdam seems more likely and then taxi to Tilburg?

There's a hotel in the centre opposite the fountain (name escapes me). Stayed there and it is right next to their main boozer (café de Kok (sp?). As people said above, top top lads and they really go the extra mile to look after you.

We flew into Amsterdam and then got a train which I think was 90mins to Tillburg. Great weekend. Hope this helps.  

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Always stay in the Mercure Tilburg Centrum mate.  https://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/mercure-tilburg.en-gb.html

It's right on the square and a 30 second stroll to Cafe De Kok where all the Willem lads drink.

We generally drive over but Amsterdam to Tilburg is only an hour on the train.

Can't reccomend the place highly enough. Been a few times now and the welcome is second to none.

Do it mate. You won't regret it!

2 hours ago, Ecko said:

There's a hotel in the centre opposite the fountain (name escapes me). Stayed there and it is right next to their main boozer (café de Kok (sp?). As people said above, top top lads and they really go the extra mile to look after you.

We flew into Amsterdam and then got a train which I think was 90mins to Tillburg. Great weekend. Hope this helps.  

5 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Always stay in the Mercure Tilburg Centrum mate.  https://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/mercure-tilburg.en-gb.html

It's right on the square and a 30 second stroll to Cafe De Kok where all the Willem lads drink.

We generally drive over but Amsterdam to Tilburg is only an hour on the train.

Can't reccomend the place highly enough. Been a few times now and the welcome is second to none.

Do it mate. You won't regret it!

Thanks both for your advice, seems like you're both talking about the same hotel.

Looking forward to planning it over Christmas :) 

10 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Let me know when you are coming! Sometimes it is a bit difficult to arrange tickets (for certain matches you need a seasonticket or a clubcard of Willem II to buy tickets). I can assist you with that. And I can guide you through the city and ensure a nice place in the stadium (since the kingside, where the singing crowd is, is sold out, but I can get you in there).

and yes, the mercure hotel Is the most central hotel in the city.

flying to Amsterdam is the best opportunity with a plane. Trains are cheaper than in the UK. So when coming in by plane I wiuld suggest the go that way.

10 hours ago, willem ii said:

Let me know when you are coming! Sometimes it is a bit difficult to arrange tickets (for certain matches you need a seasonticket or a clubcard of Willem II to buy tickets). I can assist you with that. And I can guide you through the city and ensure a nice place in the stadium (since the kingside, where the singing crowd is, is sold out, but I can get you in there).

flying to Amsterdam is the best opportunity with a plane. Trains are cheaper than in the UK. So when coming in by plane I wiuld suggest the go that way.

I may contact you in the New Year as I would like to see a game. It doesn't have to be a big match.

3 hours ago, wuntmeididntdoit said:

Been once a couple years ago.

V PSV. Same day city were playing hull live on TV.

Fantastic weekend.

Keep posting when you decide as I'm up for going over again and have a few mates who want to come as well

Bumped into the Dutch Philharmonic Orchestra , which made for a very interesting evening!!

9 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

I may contact you in the New Year as I would like to see a game. It doesn't have to be a big match.

Always willing to help you guys! Have done it more often in the past. Everything  to let the bond grow between these two great clubs!

Please note that this season I will be able to get you on the Kingside (singing section). Next season this will probably not possible anymore since the security checks will change according to the plans of Willem II.

1 hour ago, Red94 said:

Where’s the best place to get some Willem ii clothing from? Seen some black hoodies on Facebook a while back with Tilburg on if anyone could help me out.

The official webshop of Willem II can be found here: https://webshop.willem-ii.nl/

Please take into account that shipping costs towards the UK are 13 euro. The more casual clothing related to Willem II is often sold by other parties linked to Willem II. For example this one: https://www.tilbo.com/product-categorie/merchandise/

On 15/11/2019 at 22:56, willem ii said:

Thanks very much for your advice.

I will definitely drop you a message at a later date!

Archived