IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

3 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Yep. It means shopping trolley. 

I am right in saying your fans boycotted this match and sold no tickets? As I understand it a protest against how they were treated there last year? Might have got that entirely wrong, but half a memory of reading about it somewhere.

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I am right in saying your fans boycotted this match and sold no tickets? As I understand it a protest against how they were treated there last year? Might have got that entirely wrong, but half a memory of reading about it somewhere.

Yep , you are right. No supporters went to Amsterdam. In stead of that we had an away day @home. There was a big screen set up in our own stadium and we watched the match there with 3.000-4.000 supporters. Was really superb! And of course we waited for the players to come back from Amsterdam and welcomed them with lots of people and pyro!!!!

Friday awayday against Heerenveen. Number 5 in the Dutch premier league. They did not loose at home this season, but at some time this will happen and that time was last friday! We won with 1-2 and due to the loss of PSV Eindhoven today against Feyenoord we are on place Three half way the season!!!! 

Still can’t believe it, but very happy with this! Of course it will be very difficult to stay on this position, since we normally finish in the bottom half. More reason to enjoy this moment!

On 18/01/2020 at 23:31, Harry said:

I assume a few Willem were over here today. Heard a few Dutch accents walking back toward the lions today 

One of them could have been me.... was over this weekend with three mates and would like to thank you all for once again a great weekend in which we felt the hospitality of the Bristol City supporters. Made new friends and hope to see them in the near future (I know some are coming over in the coming months). 

To be honest: the game wasn’t the best I have seen, but it is always nice to win in the dying minutes! And Willem II winning against the number 2 of the Eredivisie made the beautiful weekend complete...

On 18/01/2020 at 23:09, Red94 said:

Great result for Willem again today they won 3-1 taking them up to 3rd place. Really need to get over and watch a game, any idea when the next planned trip is? 

I heard that are some (smaller) groups are going to Tilburg in the coming months. 

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Fourth.

How does qualification for European games work in the Netherlands?

First place: group phase champions league

second place: second round (pre Phase) champions league

third place: third round (pre phase) Europe League.

place 4-7: play offs for 1 place in second round (pre phase) Europe League

winner cup final: group phase Europe league.

When the winner of the cup is in place1-3 then the number 4 in the eredivisie gets the third round (pre phase) Europe League and play offs will be played by place 5-8 for 1 place in second round (pre phase) Europe League.

At this time number 1-3 of the eredivisie are still in the cup. So there is a good chance that a fourth place is still worth a ticket for direct Europe League (third round).

2 minutes ago, willem ii said:

First place: group phase champions league

second place: second round (pre Phase) champions league

third place: third round (pre phase) Europe League.

place 4-7: play offs for 1 place in second round (pre phase) Europe League

winner cup final: group phase Europe league.

When the winner of the cup is in place1-3 then the number 4 in the eredivisie gets the third round (pre phase) Europe League and play offs will be played by place 5-8 for 1 place in second round (pre phase) Europe League.

At this time number 1-3 of the eredivisie are still in the cup. So there is a good chance that a fourth place is still worth a ticket for direct Europe League (third round).

Is 3rd a realistic target? Or will you be happy with 4th-7th? I see it's unlikely you will be able to catch 2nd.

4 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Is 3rd a realistic target? Or will you be happy with 4th-7th? I see it's unlikely you will be able to catch 2nd.

Before the start of the season I would be very happy with 4-7 and would be still. Normally we finish in the bottom half so 4-7 is already a nice achievement and based on our position now it is realistic too.
Feyenoord is equal in points with 1 game less. PSV is one point behind us in place 4. Normally (also based on budgets) they will finish above us, but this season is quite strange so we are still hoping for 3/4 place but in my honest opinion not realistic...

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What made you think of that at 8.20am on a rainy Thursday morning in March?!

Reading a thread about Ajax on the Sunderland forum & was asked about our link! 

A lot less of an exciting explanation than you would've hoped for!

Can willem ii, or anyone else, explain how our two clubs formed this connection?

Elko from Tilburg is the start. Few years before 2007. He made friends in Bristol went to the Lions watched City then a small group went over there. Several years later a larger group came from Tilburg to watch City away 2007/08. Elko was still watching both teams staying with people here and City fans were going over there and coming back saying what a cool club Willem II are. 2007/08 around 28 City went over to Tilburg to watch Willem II Breda, Willem II fans put a party on and we met some of their players post game who were brought come and meet us. And from there twenty eight became fifty became seventy became over a hundred going both ways to where it is now. The hospitality you get in Bristol from Willem II is on another level from fans over there including the club and some of us have met the directors, gone out drinking with the players and team captain, even the door staff in the City centre make sure Bristol are looked after.

28 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Can willem ii, or anyone else, explain how our two clubs formed this connection?

Elko from Tilburg is the start. Few years before 2007. He made friends in Bristol went to the Lions watched City then a small group went over there. Several years later a larger group came from Tilburg to watch City away 2007/08. Elko was still watching both teams staying with people here and City fans were going over there and coming back saying what a cool club Willem II are. 2007/08 around 28 City went over to Tilburg to watch Willem II Breda, Willem II fans put a party on and we met some of their players post game who were brought come and meet us. And from there twenty eight became fifty became seventy became over a hundred going both ways to where it is now. The hospitality you get in Bristol from Willem II is on another level from fans over there including the club and some of us have met the directors, gone out drinking with the players and team captain, even the door staff in the City centre make sure Bristol are looked after.

What a guy elko is, a true gent and the real reason there is a connection between the clubs. Nice to hear someone with the true story about it. 

As soon as you enter Tilburg, you mention you are from Bristol the amount of respect and hospitality you get is insane. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's even more random to be browsing the Sunderland forum!

I've followed their results for a few years now. When they were relegated in to the Championship I wanted them to go down again. I'd take an active interest in following their results and browsing their forum. 

After a while I actually came to like them, helped by the fact I've always disliked Newcastle. Similar to our fans in many ways, just a lot luckier (historically) that they've always had a better team. 

Add in the fact Semenyo & Wright are there now, I've became even more interested in their affairs.

4 hours ago, Three Lions said:

I think the biggest number at one game was the final in Wembley against Wallsall when over 150 Willem II supporters came over to cheer for Bristol City. Party in Crystals was epic... we had a great day in London with two nights with no sleep in the coach to London and back to Tilburg...

Archived