IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

I think this will highlight how little interest there actually is in this. 

Don’t get me wrong - it’s nice that a few people have forged this unofficial bond between the 2 sets of fans - but thoughts that it will be some massively anticipated fixture, beyond a couple of hundred people involved, are misgudged, imho. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don’t get me wrong - it’s nice that a few people have forged this unofficial bond between the 2 sets of fans - but thoughts that it will be some massively anticipated fixture, beyond a couple of hundred people involved, are misgudged, imho. 

Where do you get the impression that a friendly would be a massively anticipated fixture? 

As somebody who has attended City's poorly supported friendlies abroad the difference would be City's support would be far larger v its frequently miniscule, and there would  almost certainly be collaboration between fans of a sort that would be unusual. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Where do you get the impression that a friendly would be a massively anticipated fixture? 

As somebody who has attended City poorly supported friendlies abroad the difference would be City's support would be far larger v its frequently miniscule, and there would  almost certainly be collaboration between fans of a sort that would be unusual. 

From previous threads. 
Yes, I’d agree that those with an interest would mean that their involvement would mean more than the usual attending an away fixture. 
I’d think that if it were at Ashton Gate, then it would be the usual sort of attendance for any other low profile pre-season friendly. 
Probably about 6k..? 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

From previous threads. 
Yes, I’d agree that those with an interest would mean that their involvement would mean more than the usual attending an away fixture. 
I’d think that if it were at Ashton Gate, then it would be the usual sort of attendance for any other low profile pre-season friendly. 
Probably about 6k..? 

The board of WillemII have actively been wanting to play a fixture with us since at least 2008, now I know this for a fact. 

In 2008 they wanted to play a friendly, our board went “too busy with Wembley we will get back to you” that never happened. 

They have also requested since. 

Are you telling me playing fc twente was any better than playing willem? Willem at the minute are a much better side. 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I get the impression they would bring a much bigger mass following over here compared to what we would take over there.

Imagine... 2 mins in and a typically badly timed Nathan Baker tackle sends their star striker 10 foot high. Players go in pushing and shoving, crowd starts getting a bit boisterous and before you know it fists and flying and an all out riot breaks loose.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

From previous threads. 
Probably about 6k..? 

Which threads highlight an implication it would be a widely anticipated fixture? I do not recall any.

What I have read has been realistic. A possible friendly would be an opportunity to do something different, there would almost certainly be supporter involvement from fans on both sides. A real positive. 

14 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

The board of WillemII have actively been wanting to play a fixture with us since at least 2008, now I know this for a fact. 

In 2008 they wanted to play a friendly, our board went “too busy with Wembley we will get back to you” that never happened. 

They have also requested since. 

Are you telling me playing fc twente was any better than playing willem? Willem at the minute are a much better side. 

FC Twente were touring England weren’t they..? 
Did Willem 2 play any games in England that we could have arranged it around..?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

FC Twente were touring England weren’t they..? 
Did Willem 2 play any games in England that we could have arranged it around..?

I’m not sure if that is a serious reply? Willem if asked would come to Bristol to play, regardless if they were due to play anyone else in England.

They have been wanting to play us for 12 years and counting. 

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Which threads highlight an implication it would be a widely anticipated fixture? I do not recall any.

What I have read has been realistic. A possible friendly would be an opportunity to do something different, there would almost certainly be supporter involvement from fans on both sides. A real positive. 

I don’t know the ins and outs, so I’m not best placed to give any insight, I just know that, other than what appears to be a couple of hundred people here and on social media, nobody I know has any interest in the “link” 

Having experienced the visits from the Dutch boys in the past, it’s very much a drug induced “jolly” amongst the “lads” from 3 clubs that is probably not what the club have been keen to associate themselves with. 
Having said that - I’m aware that there have been posts of a more family friendly experience from some, on visits to Willem 2 games. 

3 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

I’m not sure if that is a serious reply? Willem if asked would come to Bristol to play, regardless if they were due to play anyone else in England.

So have Rovers..! 

4 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Look, you’re obviously one of those keen to see this happen. 
My point is that the vast majority just don’t care. Most aren’t even really aware of it. 

Im certainly not bothered and any fixture between the 2 clubs would not interest or excite me an any way, more than any other friendly fixture. 

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

My point is that the vast majority just don’t care. Most aren’t even really aware of it. 

Im certainly not bothered and any fixture between the 2 clubs would not interest or excite me an any way, more than any other friendly fixture. 

Ok that’s nice to know I will make a note of your views. 

45 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I get the impression they would bring a much bigger mass following over here compared to what we would take over there.

Imagine... 2 mins in and a typically badly timed Nathan Baker tackle sends their star striker 10 foot high. Players go in pushing and shoving, crowd starts getting a bit boisterous and before you know it fists and flying and an all out riot breaks loose.

You have a very poor understanding of the relationship between us.

39 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’re not interested or excited, fair enough, but you are not the voice for the majority.

My experience with Willem II Tilburg fans has been one of great friendship. “Drug induced”? i don’t think so. We had to cancel our trip to Tilburg for last Friday. We are all looking forward to rearranging in the near future.

Hi there

So I’m checking my Twitter feed and something comes up about a match played today where City won against Dutch side Wilhelm II Tilburg in a mid-season friendly earlier today.

I just wondered - where was it?  Was it played behind closed doors?  I’m just very confused.

43 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

You’re not interested or excited, fair enough, but you are not the voice for the majority.

My experience with Willem II Tilburg fans has been one of great friendship. “Drug induced”? i don’t think so. We had to cancel our trip to Tilburg for last Friday. We are all looking forward to rearranging in the near future.

Nothing like having a bit of consistency in your argument..! 

Makes me laugh when this raises its head every once in a while. 

The vast vast vast majority of City fans don’t give a flying one for Willem II and couldn’t care less of we play them at Connect 4 on twitter or in a poorly attended friendly at AG. It’s great for a few hundred who fancy meeting up with their Dutch mates but quite frankly it’s getting a bit boring now. 

Bar BS3 2020 Im certainly not bothered and any fixture between the 2 clubs would not interest or excite me an any way, more than any other friendly fixture.

Bar BS3 2019 Im certainly not bothered and any fixture between the 2 clubs would not interest or excite me an any way, more than any other friendly fixture.

Bar BS3 2018 Im certainly not bothered and any fixture between the 2 clubs would not interest or excite me an any way, more than any other friendly fixture.

Bar BS3 2017 Im certainly not bothered and any fixture between the 2 clubs would not interest or excite me an any way, more than any other friendly fixture.

Bar BS3 2016 ..

I'm.

You.

YOUR.

People geddit.

But some people think differently.

A lot more than your I'm You YOUR .

Archived