IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

Word from the supporters club and trust.

There will be No Willem II v Bristol City friendly this year, pushed for 1st August. Can't fit it into the schedule. Possible next year if it fits the opposition profile. John Pelling and Keith Burt decision, probably more the latter, so footballing reasons most likely.

Possible next year!! That line i have heard for 3-4 season. :read:

There will be No Willem II v Bristol City friendly this year, pushed for 1st August. Can't fit it into the schedule. Possible next year if it fits the opposition profile. John Pelling and Keith Burt decision, probably more the latter, so footballing reasons most likely.

I know lots of people feel the Willem II link-up is over egged but I think that is irrelevant for the point I am about to make.

I don't know who it was but I do very clearly have in my mind that either at one of these fans' parliament meetings or otherwise someone from the club said last year they couldn't fit a friendly in because of how late the two clubs were in making contact and arranging - I remember this because of the discussions about who emailed who, when and how. But, importantly, I also recall the club mentioning looking in to a friendly this summer and hoping to get discussions sorted soon to avoid the pitfall whereby they couldn't fit it in with their schedule.

It would be nice if the club could clarify what changed. Clearly there are enough interested people, regardless of how over egged some may feel this is, because both clubs have clearly stated they have been in contact themselves.

EDIT - not a moan. Clearly the stadium works could have hampered any possible dates for a friendly, but some clarification would be nice. I particularly don't like the comment next year if the opposition fits the profile.

It was only the fans pushing for a piss up in Holland anyway.

And if so why not?  As long as there is a good attendance at the turnstile it should not matter they are willing to attend and

pay their money for this game and the feel good atmosphere is good for football.

Willem are a good top flight team and would be a good test for city.

Is it not good for football that fans want to be friends and enjoy themselfs as opposed to wanting to kick the shit out of each other?.

I feel some fans just got it in for each other on here.

It is only fans pushing for a

Opportunity to explore forging links further with a Dutch football club. Ideas are being passed onto a Director of Willem II by City fans directly by phone.

These include cross Bristol City Wilem II merchandise - Junior football clubs visiting Tilburg.

It is hoped that Bristol City - Bristol Sport will also join in the exchange of ideas.

well get a fans game together then?! clearly not something KB and SC feel would benefit us.

That has already been done.

Reinterpreting who and what us is could benefit two football clubs and elements of its support.

A friendly v Willem II in this instance could be used to do something different, broaden the clubs reach and re-position the club as one that is dynamic and listens.

That has already been done.

Reinterpreting who and what us is could benefit two football clubs and elements of its support.

A friendly v Willem II in this instance could be used to do something different, broaden the clubs reach and re-position the club as one that is dynamic and listens.

Unlikely to happen anytime soon.

As opposed to just a group of fans pushing for a piss up in bs3, which essentially just our home games.

How does it effect you anyway?

The social side of supporting a club is what makes it great in the first place otherwise you'd sit on your in your watching shit on the telly.

As opposed to just a group of fans pushing for a piss up in bs3, which essentially just our home games.

How does it effect you anyway?

The social side of supporting a club is what makes it great in the first place otherwise you'd sit on your in your watching shit on the telly.

It doesn't. Only thing that interests me is we get a good pre season with some good tests.

It doesn't. Only thing that interests me is we get a good pre season with some good tests.

Quite. Oh while I remember I bloody hope Clevedon and Weston can accommodate us this year.

No-one is asking for it to be anything other than an exhibition, just as those matches are.

Quite. Oh while I remember I bloody hope Clevedon and Weston can accommodate us this year.

No-one is asking for it to be anything other than an exhibition, just as those matches are.

Well sure Cotts knows best.

I was over in Tilburg the weekend just gone and had a great laugh with fellow City fans and the Dutch lads were great welcoming us and we all had a good laugh and it was a great experience, I look forward to going back next season, I noticed some of the lads from both sets of fans where wearing black t shirts with both club crests and ADA written on it, does anyone have any idea if I can get my hands on a few of those t shirts? cheers

I was over in Tilburg the weekend just gone and had a great laugh with fellow City fans and the Dutch lads were great welcoming us and we all had a good laugh and it was a great experience, I look forward to going back next season, I noticed some of the lads from both sets of fans where wearing black t shirts with both club crests and ADA written on it, does anyone have any idea if I can get my hands on a few of those t shirts? cheers

TshirtII.jpg

More coming next season.

Was Royal Antwerp there with city as well on weekend?

On the previous trip over v FC Twente a few.

Was Royal Antwerp there with city as well on weekend?

I think there's only 1 member of the Royal Antwerp Bristol City Supporters Club and he wasn't there. He and his comrades were very accommodating to a group of 20 of us who went to Antwerp 4 weeks ago.

Unless there are more that I don't know about?

Well sure Cotts knows best.

No doubt he does and no doubt those games against that opposition have nothing whatsoever to do with preparation and all to do with gentlemanly arrangements.

I think there's only 1 member of the Royal Antwerp Bristol City Supporters Club and he wasn't there. He and his comrades were very accommodating to a group of 20 of us who went to Antwerp 4 weeks ago.

Unless there are more that I don't know about?

How did the Royal Antwerp friendship build up? Was it when we played them??

How did the Royal Antwerp friendship build up? Was it when we played them??

No they had a couple of fans who met City via England trips I think.

Over the last few years we've had probably a dozen or so Belgium's coming over to AG for games and I've been over to Belgium 3 times for games, as have many other City.

There's a Belgium Robins facebook group if you're interested.

Due to vacation not that many post from my side in the last month. Just an update on the results of Willem II.

We have won the last (away) match of the season against Cambuur Leeuwarden. This results in a 9th place in the Eredivisie for this season (equal points as number 8, but they have scored more goals than we did). This means that Willem II has ended in the left row of the table and is the best seeded club who promoted to a premier league this year in the whole of Europe!!!! So Kachina if you are reading this: eat your heart out!!!!

We are very proud of this end result and had a beautiful season, with for example a win away against Feyenoord, draw at home against Ajax and beating our local enemy NAC Breda at home in the last minutes of the game. We were also able to wellcome many BCFC supporters and hope to do so next season. For me one of the highlights was also going with 150 Willem II supporters to the final of BCFC against Walsall in Wembley!

Now the battle around the players has started. Our back will be probably sold (back) to Ajax. And we hope Virgil van Dijk will be transferred from Celtic to an English club for a nice amount of money, since he has played many years for Willem II in his youth and thus we will receive part of the transfer fee. Our budget isn't that big, so it is Always a struggle and a question for us supporters how our team will look like next season. But based on the results of this season we have good faith for the coming season (in which our main goal should still be: not getting relegated as was the goal for this year).

Hope to see a lot of you once again next year and I have bought my season ticket for next year already, so I will try to post match reports next season too!!!!

Our local enemies from NAC Breda are relegated from the Eredivisie to the Jupiler League.... They lost in the play offs in the extra time with 1-2 against Roda JC with a nice assist of a former player of Willem II for the second goal. The busses with supporters of Roda JC had to pass Tilburg and some of our supporters greeted them to congratulate them with the promotion towards the Eredivisie and more important for sending NAC Breda a division down!!!!

A video can be found on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.degroot.7965?pnref=story

So the new season has started for Willem II too and I thought lets follow the "tradition" of last season to give some reports on the matches played by Willem II just to keep you updated...

Few good players have left Willem II and we got a couple players (also on loan) back, including three players of Ajax (since we have sold Dijks back to Ajax). Preparation for the new season was ok, but not great. Winning from two premier league teams in Turkey was the best result. But a draw against a second division club in THe Netherlands wasn't that good. The new players from Ajax on loan didn't make a good impression yet.

The beginning of this season will be quite difficult for Willem II. In the first five matches we meet the numbers 2,3, 4 and 5 of last year. Starting with a home game against Vitesse Arnhem, then an away match against Ajax Amsterdam, away macht against AZ ALkmaar, home against NEC and away against Feyenoord Rotterdam. As our coach said nicely: if we are in the top of the Eredivisie after the first five matches, than we are a good candidate for the championship...

Last Sunday we had our first match of the season, first the match was cancelled due to a strike of the police, but after some discussions with the municipality and the "thread" of the party the supporters of Willem II had planned as replacement of the match, the mayor agreed in playing the match without help of the police.

Vitesse was in good shape, since they already had to play matches for qualifying for the Europa League. They lost twice from Southampton, but played important matches already this season. Vitesse is also a satelitte club of Chelsea, so many players from Chelsea are on loan playing for Vitesse. We sold almost 10.000 season tickets this year, but due to the holiday I guess there were about 11.000 people in the stadium. The first half Vitesse was the best team on the pitches and had some good opportunities to score a goal. Fortunately our keeper was in good shape and could hold the 0... It lasted until the end of the first half before we got a nice chance to score but we didn't manage to do so... Halftime 0-0.

The second half Willem II was the better team and after a very strong period we managed to score from a corner which was shot in the goal at the second post. 1-0 around the 65th minute. A bit too early... Willem II sticked to their game plan and tried to put pressure early and score a second goal. Against Vitesse that is very dangerous, since they can repost very quickly and after losing the ball around the 16 metres on the left side it was at our 16 metres on the other side in three passes and Vitesse managed to score the 1-1 easily. After that both teams had chances to score and Willem II was still the better team but unfortunately the endresult stayed 1-1. In the end a deserved result for both teams and we are happy with the first point won against one of the top teams of the Eredivisie last year... No police during the match, thus no troubles with the supporters. They should stay away more often.... ;-)

Next Saturday the away match against Ajax Amsterdam, after the 5-0 defeat we got last year I would be more than happy with one point... Especially with all the people we have on a loan from them...

Archived