IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

Link shows a bit of a barney between a few fans, chucking a few chairs mainly outside a bar. Trailed as an international bust up between fans of Willem, Feyenoord and Bristol. Not good, but equally not huge either.

6 hours ago, Dave said:

This would be a classic fan consultation moment, as if we played Willem II, as this has been requested many times, so this would please some fans, but a far larger number would say who.

Don't think so, those who didn't know the connection would probably see it as a more challenging run out than Yeovil or Weston. Win win

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think so, those who didn't know the connection would probably see it as a more challenging run out than Yeovil or Weston. Win win

I don't think Yeovil or Weston will be the fixture that is the official opening of our new stadium.

Fans consultation of all areas of Citys fan base would not result in Willem II being the chosen opponents to officially open our new stadium.

15 hours ago, cityexile said:

Link shows a bit of a barney between a few fans, chucking a few chairs mainly outside a bar. Trailed as an international bust up between fans of Willem, Feyenoord and Bristol. Not good, but equally not huge either.

8-10 Feyenoord attacked a bar which had maybe a similar number of Bristol and Tilburg people inside. None of those were known troublemakers by the way. The Rotterdam coward with the baseball bat is hopefully one of the ones arrested. Fair to say City fans were blameless this time.

57 minutes ago, Dave said:

I don't think Yeovil or Weston will be the fixture that is the official opening of our new stadium.

Fans consultation of all areas of Citys fan base would not result in Willem II being the chosen opponents to officially open our new stadium.

Oh I see your point, ok. Yeah agree with that. I thought you meant as a general friendly which I hope could be arranged. There's obviously an appetite for it, and it would be a good test.

If it was up to me, we'd go further and swap scouting notes, training techniques - even loan players. We have a logical ally of good pedigree, no idea why we seem to ignore their existence. 

Unfortunately Willem II has to play promotion/relegation matches to stay in the Eredivisie. The first two matches were played this weekend and Willem II has won them. The last two deciding matches will be against our local rival NAC Breda. First match will be tomorrow evening and the second match at home will be on Sunday. Away supporters are not allowed to attend the match. So some pretty nerve wrecking days to come...

Breaking news: Rumour is that FC Twente will be relegated due to financial malversations. If so, it looks like Willem II will stay in the Eredivisie according to earlier plans of the Dutch Football Association... More info in the coming hours...

6 hours ago, willem ii said:

Unfortunately Willem II has to play promotion/relegation matches to stay in the Eredivisie. The first two matches were played this weekend and Willem II has won them. The last two deciding matches will be against our local rival NAC Breda. First match will be tomorrow evening and the second match at home will be on Sunday. Away supporters are not allowed to attend the match. So some pretty nerve wrecking days to come...

Banning away fans seems a bit harsh, is there any reason for it?

Fc Twente are now relegated because of their financial problems!! Willlem will still play against Breda in a play off but If Breda win they are going up if not they are staying down, regardless of the result Willem are safe from relegation.

Not 100% sure cider head. There is a player board who has an advising Role in this matter. Beside that FC Twente is in THE opinion that they have fulfilled all conditions, so they Will probably go in appeal against this decision. Therefore we still have to win against NAC Breda. Beside that, we want to make sure that they do not earn a promotion to THE Eredivisie! They are staying down!

10 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Not 100% sure cider head. There is a player board who has an advising Role in this matter. Beside that FC Twente is in THE opinion that they have fulfilled all conditions, so they Will probably go in appeal against this decision. Therefore we still have to win against NAC Breda. Beside that, we want to make sure that they do not earn a promotion to THE Eredivisie! They are staying down!

Must be a tricky one for your players. If they win they stay up, if they lose they might stay up, subject to legal stuff. Think I would rather have clarity rather than anything else in the players minds going in to basically a two legged cup game.

Also to ask, how does it work if Breda lose, and FC Twente go down to? Will that not mean the top league is then one short?

17 hours ago, willem ii said:

Keep the rats down.

cityexile When Willem II will win over two matches, then the number 17 (who is also playing promotion/relegation matches) will stay in the Eredivisie (if they loose their two matches). In case both Willem II as De Graafschap (number 17) will win over two matches, then number 18 will stay in the eredivisie. This is Cambuur Leeuwarden. They are formally directly relegated. But still first FC Twente has to loose their appeal against the relegation decision....

Banning away fans seems a bit harsh, is there any reason for it? most games are bubbles Rich and NAC are their Gas to Tilburg. Unlike England Mayors often decide how grounds will be policed so with relegation on the cards the Mayors have decided to probably decide no away fans.

56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Without Google. Will one the the Willy-fans, tell me who the star player is and how they've done this season?

I have no idea. 

I keep an eye out for their scores, so cannot comment on their star players.

They had to battle all season. In the top league, the bottom one gets relegated. Second and third bottom, play in what we would recognise as play offs, one allotted to three other teams each from the second division, so two groups of four.

Willem finished third bottom, having gone on a really bad run. In their play off 'final' they have just won on aggregate 4-3, meaning they secure their survival in the top league for next season. It was also a real rival they beat in the final.

Think that is right. Somebody will correct me please if I have got it all wrong!

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I keep an eye out for their scores, so cannot comment on their star players.

They had to battle all season. In the top league, the bottom one gets relegated. Second and third bottom, play in what we would recognise as play offs, one allotted to three other teams each from the second division, so two groups of four.

Willem finished third bottom, having gone on a really bad run. In their play off 'final' they have just won on aggregate 4-3, meaning they secure their survival in the top league for next season. It was also a real rival they beat in the final.

Think that is right. Somebody will correct me please if I have got it all wrong!

Sounds exciting! Was it on telly?

Archived