IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

@ phantom: a draw before the match would have felt like a big victory!!!!

@ ollywhyte: To be honest I think AZ will win with 3-1... AZ is in a really good shape at this time. Winning matches easy. also after they came behind. Still we won against them at home with 3-0.... But then they were playing awful...

@ phantom: a draw before the match would have felt like a big victory!!!!

@ ollywhyte: To be honest I think AZ will win with 3-1... AZ is in a really good shape at this time. Winning matches easy. also after they came behind. Still we won against them at home with 3-0.... But then they were playing awful...

Oops too late, put it down as a draw in one of my accumulators! Heres hoping :fingerscrossed:

:)

10424294_735089206606197_552920133166500

That's brilliant, I was just about to ask that on another thread when I saw this one. Where can I get one? Do they sell them in the 3 lions?

A couple of me mates have been talking about going over some time.

Match report of our away game against AZ of last Saturday. This was an awayday to remember.... AZ on place 3 in the Eredivisie and won almost all of their matches since Christmas. We went to Alkmaar with 750 supporters. Once again a sold out away box!!! In a very windy stadium it was Willem II who was the better team. We created many chances and hit the crossbar twice. AZ did not have one chance, correction: only one shot on goal which resulted in a 1-0 lead for AZ. Once again a first half as we have seen many times before: Willem II the better team but failing to score. Nevertheless the atmosphere in the away box was superb!!!

Second half AZ was a bit better, but Willem II still the better team and the whole stadium was waiting for the 1-1 to be scored. We hit the crossbar again two times, but failing to score....The last minute of the extra time AZ managed to score the 2-0 but that was not important anymore. We were proud of our team for being the better team against nr. 3 of the Eredivisie who were in a very good flow and still we were the best team on the pitch. Unfortunately no points for Willem II. Also superb support of our supporters. Even on 1-0 behind we were supporting WIllem II with whole our hearts!!!! The only supporters to be heard in the stadium were the Willem II supporters!!!

Tomorrow we play against FC Twente nr. 9 in the Eredivisie one point before us. They are not playing very good the last few matches, so we have some chances to win. We want revenge for the away match lost in the extra time (when they scored twice in extra time and winning with 3-2).

Vid of the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iia4bxxUyPo (put of the music and quality is quite bad).

Something I wanted to show to you guys too. This is a vid of two years ago. The last match of Willem II in the Eredivisie. We played against AZ at home and we knew we were relegated. This is the reaction of the supporters of Willem II. We were proud of the way in which the team fought that year. THe commentator says: I have never seen a reaction of suppporters like this after the relegation is a fact. This is real support!!!! On the banner is written: thank you for your support. After the match the players paid for one hour free beer in the supportersbar and some of our friends of BCFC enjoyed that too: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153129097027605&pnref=story

I read on another site that 150 are coming over.

I heard 70 signed up the night we qualified for the final! Unbelievable numbers yet the same old people on here say "oh it's hardly any fans what's the point in creating a link between the two clubs"!

How many other clubs in England have 150 supporters of a club on the continent coming over for a game? Not many I fancy!

I heard 70 signed up the night we qualified for the final! Unbelievable numbers yet the same old people on here say "oh it's hardly any fans what's the point in creating a link between the two clubs"!

How many other clubs in England have 150 supporters of a club on the continent coming over for a game? Not many I fancy!

For a club the size of BCFC what is going on is unique in the UK. More are heading over to Tilburg than go on City tours and that number is only going up.

Beautiful thing to see, don't think you see this anywhere in the world, let alone the UK.

Its not that unusual in Europe, but in the UK it is certainly different. From what was a few from the Eastend in 2008 has grown to a wider group with the majority being from the Dolman.

The possibility is there to do something really remarkable in future.

Archived