IGNORED

This Rolando Aarons Lad For Newcastle

Jesus

First of all, apologies to the thread police if we've already had a discussion about this.

Anyway, Rolando Aarons, when did we sell this fella? He looks like a real talent. I hate that clubs can just poach players like this for practically nothing. Its really bloody frustrating. Imagine what a player like that could do for a team like us. What is the point in smaller clubs simply feeding bigger clubs young talent?

Gutting isn't it. At least we're picking these players up I guess. You got to think, what's the point if they're just going to get poaching for such small amounts of money. Just hope that we eventually get to the promised land, and then we'll already have the academy to keep these players.

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of him until 10 minutes ago when I happened to hear the MOTD commentator mention that he had signed from Bristol City. Even then I had to rewind it to make sure I'd heard correctly. I'd love to know how many players there are in the top two divisions who have been signed from us at a young age.

Well done Rolando ! It's great to see a Bristolian setting an example for others to dream and follow ! Ally Haynes and myself had him at the academy for several years but there were issues between the pitch and home that were out of BCFC's control and he escaped but he was a great player and that curler against the post was deliberate as he did that on the astro regularly at the academy. Don't despair too much we still have Wes Burns and Jack Batten trying to force themselves through so give the academy that Mr Lansdown finances some credit ! Neverless, shame we didn't see this lad playing in red and making BCFC some serious cash when he plays for England !!!

Isn't it also a problem that few young players from the Academy get a chance to make it to the first team or see any hope of getting there. It seems strange to put so much effort in improving the Academy if it's products are not going to be used.We seem to getting them ready for other clubs.

We released him due to there being non football issues.

I think the issue regarding his release was the geographical aspect of where he lived.......the player has to reside within a certain catchment area according to FA academy rules.  He was 16 and living with his Mama & Papa dont u know?

Kris played with bobby joe and wes at u16/u18

fell out with John Clayton.... to be fair his attitude wasnt brilliant and John was a lovely guy so he would have had his reasons for letting him go i am sure

had a trial at stoke with his dad, then off to Swansea

not broken into the team but looks like he is going to get a break here !!!

very good first touch, held on to the ball too long from what i recall of him, but technically very sound creative midfielder !!!

We are hearing that highly-rated Swansea youngster Kris Scott is poised to join Leicester City on a two-year deal and is on his way to the club's training ground for a medical.

Archived