IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Scunthorpe United Match Day Thread

One should not need to consider the superstition of 'tempting fate' on a day when the Iron are perhaps more depleted in their first team line up than they will be at anytime for the rest of the this season; how much worse could it be for them? I say that because City, on paper at least, should win this match and win it with some comfort. That of course assumes we are on our game from the off and maintain focus and concentration throughout.

The pattern of this match should, therefore, mean we go on to win this one more than comfortably; we must take no prisoners, offer no mercy and go for the jugular from the off. All things considered it could and should be one of our most comfortable and large margin wins of the season. 

I still do not believe I am tempting fate; its about time we strutted our stuff out on the turf and transformed it into goals and plenty of them. The Posh, after all, are likely to thump many a team this season and gaining a good goal difference, early on, could be the difference between auto and play off come May 2015.

Agard, surely, has to get on the score sheet today along with the Wilbs and JET who, I am sure, will and should play some part. I think I will go with a 4-0 win and I see no reason why we should not get more. Gung ho indeed from someone who is usually far more conservative.

Today will be tougher than some people think on here. This gives a great opportunity for their reserve/youth and other fringe players to get a chance and be recognised for their first team. I think we'll need to respect that and be on top of our game.

That aside, we have a great squad and if we can continue to play the way we have done, and not be over confident of S****horpes situation, take it to them early and boss the game, i think it could be a great day.

I can't believe that anyone who has been following football for more than 5 mins can think that this, or any other game, is a forgone conclusion!

We are fairly big scalp in this division who people will love to get one over on.

We will need to be professional, creative and ruthless to win any game this season. Hopefully today will show that we do not entertain complacency in the squad, otherwise a lot of people are going to look very silly come 5pm tonight!

COYR!

• Like 1
  • Admin

Looking around the internet we seem to be quite a grounded lot and the Notts County fans for example were questioning why our fans were predicting a possible defeat last weekend when we have what they feel is the strongest squad in the division. I quite like that we aren't overly arrogant but I cannot see past a comfortable home win today by 2 clear goals.

Especially when our quality of crossing seems much better this season, seems the perfect striker to have there at the moment. Looks a real threat at the moment and in real form.

People are so keen to take Wilbraham out the side because he's not a fashionable player imo.. when stats show he's one of the main reasons why we're 3rd in the league

• Like 1

I don't think anyone should take Scunny for granted. They are not coming here to hand us 3 points. Stick with unbeaten team and don't tinker. There will be times this season where lower placed teams will give us a game and even take points from us. ie Colchester played well I thought and we deserved to win game but they knocked the ball about well at times.