IGNORED

Odds On For Promotion

Loderingo

I know we have had a good start but City have been cut to odds on for promotion across the board

The best odds you can get are 10/11 with Coral and Skybet

You can get 11/4 on us winning the league

Despite having had a mini-run Rovers are 5-1 to get back in the league this year

If you work out the rough probabilities from the odds then we have about 45% chance of being 3 divisions ahead of the poor relations.  Mind the Gap!

Cardiff are 6-1 for promotion  so decent odds we could be seeing them next season

Although its refreshing to get off to a good start I would rather be 4 pts clear at the top with only 8 games to play than now. With 114 points to play for this is rather too early to talk of promotion or relegation. Any one can go on a run before the end of the season, as we proved last season. I think Posh, Sheff utd, Preston, mk dons, coventry, swindle, bradford, barnsley, yeovil and orient could all feature come the finish. Enjoy the ride, with all the ups and downs and enjoy the football.

Onwards and Upwards. Coyr

Although its refreshing to get off to a good start I would rather be 4 pts clear at the top with only 8 games to play than now. With 114 points to play for this is rather too early to talk of promotion or relegation. Any one can go on a run before the end of the season, as we proved last season. I think Posh, Sheff utd, Preston, mk dons, coventry, swindle, bradford, barnsley, yeovil and orient could all feature come the finish. Enjoy the ride, with all the ups and downs and enjoy the football.

Yeovil!!!!!!!!! No way, I hope they get relegated.

I can see us finishing 5th, with Preston and MK/Cov taking the top 2 places.

No it's not, after years of shit I'm only to happy to talk of our impending promotion instead of our impending relegation   :)

The bookies know their stuff

i posted a couple of weeks ago and will repeat it here

we have a hungry manager who believes he is better than league one

he has shipped out poor players and replaced them with much better hungrier players who also believe that they are better than league one

This unbeaten run will probably extend to at least 15 games

the result will be us clear at top of the table by 12 points by xmas and probably promotion will be

confirmed shortly after the easter period so sit back relax and enjoy oh and we will beat fleetwood 2-0 saturday

There were prediction threads before the season began where I went for 101 points, +42 GD and Wilbs for top scorer. So far my +42 is looking a little pessimistic!

Of course though, this is City so it'll be screwed up and my predictions will go back to looking like the wild fantasy that they were supposed to be :P

Dear all this was posted on 18th Sept last year

i had the xmas points lead a bit wrong the unbeaten games at start of season about right and almost certainly promotion will be sealed early april

rock on

he has shipped out poor players and replaced them with much better hungrier players who also believe that they are better than league one

the result will be us clear at top of the table by 12 points by xmas and probably promotion will be

confirmed shortly after the easter period so sit back relax and enjoy oh and we will beat fleetwood 2-0 saturday

Dear all this was posted on 18th Sept last year

i had the xmas points lead a bit wrong the unbeaten games at start of season about right and almost certainly promotion will be sealed early april

rock on

Got the bet on last September when this was posted

Got the unbeaten run correct and promotion was indeed confirmed just after Easter

So remember where you heard it first

Cotterill will not be sentimental he will do the same again and sign at least four or five players that wil go straight into the first team

Expect a Top 6 finish next season as momentum counts for an awful lot in football get that bet on and enjoy next season all

There were prediction threads before the season began where I went for 101 points, +42 GD and Wilbs for top scorer. So far my +42 is looking a little pessimistic!

Of course though, this is City so it'll be screwed up and my predictions will go back to looking like the wild fantasy that they were supposed to be :P

Still on for a good 2/3 there and you certainly can't complain about your prediction of a +42 GD being bettered!

Odds are already out for next season. You can get us at 25/1 to win the championship and 8/1 to be promoted! I'll imagine most of us will be happy to secure championship football but how amazing would it be for the first game at the new Ashton Gate to be in the premier league...

Odds are already out for next season. You can get us at 25/1 to win the championship and 8/1 to be promoted! I'll imagine most of us will be happy to secure championship football but how amazing would it be for the first game at the new Ashton Gate to be in the premier league...

Not me actually brett, I would like us to aim for top 8. If Brentford and wolves can, so can we.

Expect a Top 6 finish next season as momentum counts for an awful lot in football get that bet on and enjoy next season all

I hope, but I certainly do not expect. For me success would be 21st and every position above 21st is a bonus.

Last time we finished in the top 6 we had illusions of grandeur and no doubt the change in expectations ultimately contributed to the troubles that followed.

Let us not get carried away with ourselves and let us not think we have a divine right or even reasonable expectation that we can finish top 6 in what is probably the most competitive league in England if not further afield also. Just as we did under GJ, 10 games at a time.

Bournemouth have had some decent money put behind them, it'd be great to see us get that level of investment.

Had it, blown it. I'd rather see us consolidate first and foremost and then compete. Doing it with investment is the quick, dirty and unsustainable way which invariably leads you right back where you started, at best.

The model we should be trying to follow is West Brom; not Cardiff, Bmouth, yada yada yada

Archived