IGNORED

Yesterday

Rob k

Had a pretty good view from where I was sat yesterday:

Ref basically took way too long to get it all in order, then blew the whistle, then decided the ball should be moved back a few inches.

Subsequently the crowd by now were really loud so i'm sure no one on the pitch could hear anything. 

With the whistle already blow, Greg tapped the ball for Elliot to step on it for Greg to shoot. But Elliot was too busy watching the wall, unaware that Greg had taken the freekick so the ball just rolled into Elliot's foot, bobbled up and Greg just hit it.

Absolute shambles not helped by the ref at all. After the freekick Elliot looked at the ref and asked where the whistle was but it was both of their fault really. Just a calamitous series of errors.

It was 7 yards at the most that they were away from the ball and they werte still creeping forward. From infringement to actual taking of the free kick must have been two and a half minutes, the ref didn't take charge of the situation at all. Wilbraham was on the end of the wall and their player pushed 2 hands into his face to push him away with ref looking straight at it. We took 2 bookings one for a little trip and one for time wasting whereas they committed quite a few more fouls that may have been worthy of a card. I have seen this ref a few times including at the gate and he always comes across as a bit of a "homer".

Archived