Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portland Bill

Mark "divvy" Saunders

Considering his " expire date" was meant to be in march... He's put up one hell of a fight and I salute him, only met him once but genuinely a down to earth lovely fellow!! And the best thing is? Before he passed he managed to change our fortunes and give us our club back... Let's do this for him today!!!!

As others have said, sounds like he didn't go without a hell of a fight. Sleep well, and enjoy the games from the best seat in the hose from now on

Ever since that talk from him, we're a changed club! I hope the club can arrange something for the man today.

RIP fellow red.

Mark, so proud to call you a friend, the true legend of the terraces, you may of lost the biggest battle of all, but what a fight you put up, you never surrendered and you were full of life to the end, I salute you my friend, R.I.P mucker, you will always be remembered, and never forgotten.

Knew Mark for ten years in a non combative friendship. Warm friendy larger than life bloke who will also be missed by City fans outside of that terrace culture. Rip big man.

Considering his " expire date" was meant to be in march... He's put up one hell of a fight and I salute him, only met him once but genuinely a down to earth lovely fellow!! And the best thing is? Before he passed he managed to change our fortunes and give us our club back... Let's do this for him today!!!!

100% agree with you .

Condolancies to his Family and loved ones.

Sincere condolences to Mark's family and many friends.

Mark and I shared many highs and lows together, supporting City over the years - but we never met. Rest easily now - your fight is over.

CTYD

Divvy - never had the pleasure of meeting you but knew of you through lots of mutual friends. Thank you for THAT talk last season - you inspired the team to come out of the doldrums and instilled a bit of fighting spirit back into them.

Hopefully someone will have recorded the talk - maybe it could be used for the players before todays game, to show the newer players just how much this club means to us, the fans.

Thankfully you're pain free now Mark - enjoy todays game from your seat in the sky.

RIP fellow red.

I never knew you but like others were inspired by that team talk last season. I hope there won't be a cloud over Ashton Gate today, I know you wouldn't want that. May you truly Rest in Peace.

Goodbye Mark,  mates since Bolton away in '78, a nice chatty lad sat with us slightly older heads on the two coaches we had up there that day.