IGNORED

Mark "divvy" Saunders

Portland Bill

What are you on about !?!?!

Are you really that uneducated about the link between the City and Willem supporters?

They are men and women who knew Mark, and as a mark of RESPECT, they arranged the collection for St Peters Hospice, and are also raising more before they arrive for his funeral tomorrow

On a slightly different note - many may not be aware that a group of supporters from Willem are coming over for the funeral tomorrow which is an amazing gesture

But to top that they have already had a collection at Willem for St Peters Hospice and are also in the process of raising more money to contribute

Maybe some will realise how close the bond is between the two clubs now?

But on second thoughts, if you know someone and they die and you want to go to their funeral, a football bond isn't even relevant is it which is why I assumed they didn't know him.

I didn't know Mark personally, and have only had contact with the family since Mark became terminally ill.

I'm going to the funeral tomorrow to represent the supporters club and trust, however, what's it to you who decides to go to someone's funeral. Isn't that up to the individual themselves?

I didn't know Mark personally, and have only had contact with the family since Mark became terminally ill.

I'm going to the funeral tomorrow to represent the supporters club and trust, however, what's it to you who decides to go to someone's funeral. Isn't that up to the individual themselves?

I said I thought it was odd if they didn't know him, seeing as they're coming from Holland. 

I'd like to go tomorrow and will, depending on practicalities.

I never knowingly knew Mark but find his message inspirational.

Football is the integral bond, here.

• Admin

Dezgimred, probably best you stay off of this thread as it's not the first time you have written replies that come across as very insensitive on this topic.

Personally like others I never personally knew Mark other than him being a welcoming face to say hello to and have general chit chat about all things football.

Since the sad news of his illness his words and actions were not only an inspiration to me but also to a large number of others, city and non city related.

I know of other city fans with similar illnesses who took great comfort in what Mark was all about and his strength and courage has rubbed off onto them in turn.

As you will know as it is within this thread Marks funeral is tomorrow, and a lot of people will be attending or having everyone connected in their thoughts tomorrow.

I've absolutely no idea why the relevance of who are paying their respects tomorrow is of any concern.

The fact people are making the journey from Tilburg is surely testimony of what an amazing guy and what an impact Mark had on people's lives

Dezgimred, probably best you stay off of this thread as it's not the first time you have written replies that come across as very insensitive on this topic.

Personally like others I never personally knew Mark other than him being a welcoming face to say hello to and have general chit chat about all things football.

Since the sad news of his illness his words and actions were not only an inspiration to me but also to a large number of others, city and non city related.

I know of other city fans with similar illnesses who took great comfort in what Mark was all about and his strength and courage has rubbed off onto them in turn.

As you will know as it is within this thread Marks funeral is tomorrow, and a lot of people will be attending or having everyone connected in their thoughts tomorrow.

I've absolutely no idea why the relevance of who are paying their respects tomorrow is of any concern.

The fact people are making the journey from Tilburg is surely testimony of what an amazing guy and what an impact Mark had on people's lives

FYI actually,  the only other thing I wrote about this topic was deleted immediately, despite the fact is was true as far as I am aware (we all have close connections when City are involved).

But of course we can't have that for everyone to see as it ruins the image you are trying to portray. 

I asked you a question and it's now been answered, no need to become over sensitive. 

Let me just state one thing on this discussion which hopefully will close the discussion too: Divvy went to get a newspaper last year (he told his wife). A few hours later landed in Amsterdam with some BCFC friends and had a very nice (last) weekend in Tilburg where he viewed a match of Willem II with his friends of Willem II. Now some of these people are coming over to the UK to salute Divvy a last time.

So yes, he was a more than welcome guest in Tilburg, and will be surely missed here too...

Safe to say he got a bloody good send off. There were so many people there that lots and lots had to stand outside, as they had run out of room.

It will be briefly covered on points west this evening.

The gashead Dave Jeal, who led the service did a sterling job (for a gashead ;) ) when you could clearly see he wanted to break down at points.

I'm sure he'd be chuffed with how many turned up for him.

Since Mark was in the dressingroom Everything have worked fine. Not only for that, God bless him, sure he will.

Will always remember Mark's visit to The Mem with Dave Jeal, and the warmth of feeling which he generated from those who had been his sparring partners in the past. Mark's You Tube video is very inspirational, and I'm pleased to hear that he got the send off which his big character deserved.

Just back from The Cartwheel, and apart from having to spend most of the day on the wrong side of the river it was a good day , I would have bought a 'Divvy' tee shirt, but apparently none were available in blue and white :)

Surprised to see Geoff Dunford there- has he been one of your secret agents all along?

Just back from The Cartwheel, and apart from having to spend most of the day on the wrong side of the river it was a good day , I would have bought a 'Divvy' tee shirt, but apparently none were available in blue and white :)

Surprised to see Geoff Dunford there- has he been one of your secret agents all along?

Let's face it, you all secretly want to be City really? :D

During the home match of Willem II the supporters applauded for Divvy too in the 54 minute. Nice banner in the stadium too to remember Divvy. On television the banner was also shown in the 54 minute.... Goosebumbs......

Would love to see a screenshot, amazing gesture

Archived