IGNORED

Mark "divvy" Saunders

Portland Bill

Great, great gesture again today at the Ricoh on 54m.  Credit to many of the Cov fans for joining in.  Total goosebumps at the time, followed by the best 'Divvy says, bounce around the ground' we've had in years.  Well done all, proud moments and a great tribute

Yep, pure class.

I have been going to city since the 67 / 68 season ,

I can honestly say that I have never been more proud to be a city fan , than I am right now,

the whole divvy story has really gotten to me ,

I just feel blessed to be part of a football club that divvy loved,

God will take care of you divvy, as you have taken care of us .

Great, great gesture again today at the Ricoh on 54m.  Credit to many of the Cov fans for joining in.  Total goosebumps at the time, followed by the best 'Divvy says, bounce around the ground' we've had in years.  Well done all, proud moments and a great tribute

Yes, observed by just about all City fans and many, many Coventry fans too. And so many people in Divvy T-Shirts. I'm sure he was watching from a better place and will continue to influence as he did in life, his work isn't done yet.

Wow that was amazing tear to my eye! Mark was an absolute Legend i was lucky to have him as a Manager as a youngster for Bris! R.I.P Mark and watching all the clips gives me goosebumps amazing man and Bristol City are just one huge family, Proud to be a city fan! COYR

Hopefully this answers the question to those who don't understand the link up between the two sets of fans.

I am betting divvy never imagined growing up he would have dutch fans chanting his name after his death.

Nice touch from the guys from Tilburg.

I've been thinking about this, would it be wrong to have a Divvy Minute every match, would a one minute clap dilute the tribute too much or will it galvanise us and respect his legacy even more, I hope so. It could be a positive during a match and we as a club could become famous for it?

I've lost close family members I used to share football with and I like to think they are looking down. I would clap for both Divvy and them too.

I've been thinking about this, would it be wrong to have a Divvy Minute every match, would a one minute clap dilute the tribute too much or will it galvanise us and respect his legacy even more, I hope so. It could be a positive during a match and we as a club could become famous for it?

I've lost close family members I used to share football with and I like to think they are looking down. I would clap for both Divvy and them too.

I think a 1 minute applause each game is a little much, and it would certainly tail off after a few games.

Obviously a well like character and has been an inspiration to many the last few months, but he has been honoured and remembered. He wont be forgotton

Its an interesting idea, as I would say as a tribute to all 'absent friends' in a wider sense. Even every home game would seem to high however. First and last league home game maybe every year would be distinctive, and no reason why not the 54th.

There's a great bond between villarreal on Spain and celtic. They played a preseason match for a cancer charity this year and villarreal played a 13 year old fan who has cancer & let him score. The video is on YouTube but I've no idea how to post it on here. .. it's worth a watch and very moving.

Would love to see my club do something like that

It would be nice if the clubs forged closer ties.

Perhaps a pre season friendly every year, playing for the Mark Saunders memorial trophy.

Maybe hold it at Ashton Gate one year and Tilburg the next.

The problem is, would it really generate that much interest? I don't think it would.  I certainly would be interested, and there are a fair few on here .....but in the grand scheme of things, only a small % I think would turn up for it.  The club would probally be out of pocket

The problem is, would it really generate that much interest? I don't think it would. I certainly would be interested, and there are a fair few on here .....but in the grand scheme of things, only a small % I think would turn up for it. The club would probally be out of pocket

I strongly disagree. I think it would generate plenty of interest, and if there was a memorial cup as suggested (belting idea in my opinion) others who perhaps aren't aware of links would get involved. Sponsors would certainly get involved.

It would only grow organically.

What's more, the clubs could link more than just a friendly. Swap a few academy kids for a month or so between each, loan players, an instant scouting network in the Netherlands, etc.

The problem is, would it really generate that much interest? I don't think it would. I certainly would be interested, and there are a fair few on here .....but in the grand scheme of things, only a small % I think would turn up for it. The club would probally be out of pocket

I think there would be big interest,there already is.

As for the money side,some things are bigger better, and more important than making a profit.

We have a bond with a club from Holland,let's go for it.

The problem is, would it really generate that much interest? I don't think it would.  I certainly would be interested, and there are a fair few on here .....but in the grand scheme of things, only a small % I think would turn up for it. The club would probally be out of pocket

If friendlies were based on interest and participation most of City's friendlies are meaningless. A Bristol City v Willem II friendly in Tilburg would guarantee a larger participation of away supporters than any friendly abroad in ten years has. A bold statement but more City fans have traveled to Tilburg than friendlies in Botswana, Latvia, Portugal, or Sweden.

The problem is, would it really generate that much interest? I don't think it would.  I certainly would be interested, and there are a fair few on here .....but in the grand scheme of things, only a small % I think would turn up for it.  The club would probally be out of pocket

Name the friendlies that have resulted in a big fat profit for the club? Ajax? Royal Antwerp? Forest Green Rovers?

Friendlies are about preparation, doing something different, trying something new in a relaxed atmosphere. Playing Willem II would be no different to playing Antwerp accept for the fact that we would need no segregation and we could have a proper party at Ashton Gate with both sets of fans having a laugh.

Football is sometimes more important than money. RIP Divvy.

Archived