IGNORED

Mark "divvy" Saunders

Portland Bill

I was close to a tear yesterday watching the UTUBE from WillemII game.

My thoughts are these

There is clearly a huge affinity between the supporters of the two clubs. If the officials of the clubs don't wish to recognize this then that would say more about the affinity of the fans to their own boardrooms than anything else!

We should make regular trips to each other's games and perhaps write articles for each other's fanzines and if the club are interested each other's match day magazines

The 54th minute applause at all games should become a feature of both clubs! Mark aside (bless him) we are all part of a family, to paraphrase a great speech I once heard, but we have all lost parts of our own family that belong with our clubs. I don't agree it will fizzle out as one poster has asserted, a minutes applause for all the lost members of our family is a great idea and will only help to strengthen our clubs!

I really am uneducated when it comes to the link between city and Willem... Could someone fill me in?

Was great to see all the fans with the divvy t shirts on yesterday. Great thing to do.

Me too! - Please someone give us the story. :sign09:

I think there would be big interest,there already is.

As for the money side,some things are bigger better, and more important than making a profit.

We have a bond with a club from Holland,let's go for it.

Some things are more inportant then money? Agreed....but you wouldnt be picking up the bill for a friendly that would attract a few thousand tops.

I have a friend who supports and sponsors Willem....I would love it if we played them. I just thing in the grand scheme of things it wouldnt generate the huge interest some think and I dont blame the club for not pushing for a friendly

As someone pointed out....even Ajax didnt

I've been thinking about this, would it be wrong to have a Divvy Minute every match, would a one minute clap dilute the tribute too much or will it galvanise us and respect his legacy even more, I hope so. It could be a positive during a match and we as a club could become famous for it?

I've lost close family members I used to share football with and I like to think they are looking down. I would clap for both Divvy and them too.

With all due respect I think that is taking things way too far. 

I know everyone else has said it, but I want to add my respects to the Willem fans for their own tribute at the weekend, and also to the supporters that came over for the funeral, hat doffed to the lot of you

There has been a lot of discussion about pre season friendlies before, I really hope that something can be done next summer, nothing but complete respect for you guys

I've been thinking about this, would it be wrong to have a Divvy Minute every match, would a one minute clap dilute the tribute too much or will it galvanise us and respect his legacy even more, I hope so. It could be a positive during a match and we as a club could become famous for it?

I've lost close family members I used to share football with and I like to think they are looking down. I would clap for both Divvy and them too.

Nice sentiment but think it would lose its meaning and resonance. Perhaps first and last games of a season

I know everyone else has said it, but I want to add my respects to the Willem fans for their own tribute at the weekend, and also to the supporters that came over for the funeral, hat doffed to the lot of you

There has been a lot of discussion about pre season friendlies before, I really hope that something can be done next summer, nothing but complete respect for you guys

Yep, superb stuff from the Willem fans. Huge respect to them.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Can't believe the last two years have gone by so quickly

Two years since we lost Mark Saunders - like other reds that have fallen, they are gone but will never be forgotten

RIP 

Yep saw that on FB, can't believe that was two years ago.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ how we needed that last season. And every week. With that posted in the changing room we'd be unbeatable.

And that would be a fantastic memory to the man.

It's exactly what we all want to say to the players, be great if we could get that up in the changing room permanently.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's exactly what we all want to say to the players, be great if we could get that up in the changing room permanently.

Good idea. I know we've got a few quotes from the likes of Conor McGregor, Ali etc up in the changing room and gym areas. This would be a good addition.

Maybe tweet that and the links to the story to LJ.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good idea. I know we've got a few quotes from the likes of Conor McGregor, Ali etc up in the changing room and gym areas. This would be a good addition.

Maybe tweet that and the links to the story to LJ.

Phileas - I'm on it ;)

Let you know what response I get.

Archived