IGNORED

Mark "divvy" Saunders

Portland Bill

Agreed!

Divvy was a real fan, and f#ck me, he loved Bristol City. He gave a lot of us some very memorable days out home and away.

That speech was a key moment in that season and should be on the changing room wall to remind these pretentious premadonnas who is most important to our club.

I sat with him in the H&C many years ago and talked football for an hour with him and just remember the passion in his words. Moving stuff.

RIP Divvy. CSF1984 old school.

You don't know what you have in life until it is too late! Lovely bloke.

On September 2, 2017 at 02:36, OneWordCityNerd said:

IMG_3677.PNG

18 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

@AdamB Get this done, maybe a memoir in the South Stand, could add it to our timeline on the ceiling 

17 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

It was a hugely important turning point in that season, and hence our history. Without it we could've been league 2.

This speech did not just change that season it changed our club. Finally a lifetime supporter of the club got to say what many of. Us wanted to say for years. 

The speech is engrained on me and many more of us and I know those who heard it won't forget it for a myriad of reasons. Yes it needs to be placed somewhere appropriate and I have some ideas

This club has been held together at its lowest points by the hardest of hardcore supporters and if we think we know where we are going, we better know where we came from. @AdamBdid you find the board with the shareholders names on that needs to be put back too!

Divvy Saunders. Top bloke who spoke for us all!

44 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

This speech did not just change that season it changed our club. Finally a lifetime supporter of the club got to say what many of. Us wanted to say for years. 

The speech is engrained on me and many more of us and I know those who heard it won't forget it for a myriad of reasons. Yes it needs to be placed somewhere appropriate and I have some ideas

This club has been held together at its lowest points by the hardest of hardcore supporters and if we think we know where we are going, we better know where we came from. @AdamBdid you find the board with the shareholders names on that needs to be put back too!

Divvy Saunders. Top bloke who spoke for us all!

Spot on!

52 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Apparently it's nothing like the actual speech . So whoever wrote this one....it's.bullshit 

Can you (someone) tell us what the differences are between what was said here and what was said 'apparently' if it is to be commemorated?  

Legend!

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Can you (someone) tell us what the differences are between what was said here and what was said 'apparently' if it is to be commemorated?  

Legend!

I'm just going by what one of his family members has said on Facebook having seen this post.

Won't deny whatever he said ,it played a part in our turnaround that season though. Fair play 

Archived