Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portland Bill

Mark "divvy" Saunders

rip Mark,and condolences to your family.

to think of where we were before Marks teamtalk,and where we are now,it must be great for him watching the top of the table clash he asked for from the best seat in the house.

enjoy it Mark,you deserve it and come on city,hows about now being the right time to serve up the performance thats been threatening for weeks now

Gone to the big Gate in the sky..... There will never be another Divvy,he was the General....Watch over us all Mark until you lead the firm again and I will be at your side...RIP my friend...CSF FOREVER.... BOBBY B

I have been on both sides of the battle line with Mark. On the same side as a fellow red and opponents on the Rugby field. Always gave his all in with his battle with illness. An inspiration, funny and incredible courage .....RIP Mark thoughts and prayers to Wendy and Bill and all the other family members.

Rest peacefully Div. Many happy memories. Knew Div in the 80s well. Led the CSF from the front. Top guy. Gr8 memories. C u on the other side. CSF's top man!

Be nice to think of the guy looking down and enjoying today's game and our incredible start to the season.

He'll be long remembered not just by those who knew him for his famous inspirational team talk.

What a great legacy to reflect on, on such a sad day for his friends and family.

RIP

A well respected applause on 54 minutes. Raising a glass to an insperational man tonight. Rest in peace Divvy. X

And very respected by the MK Dons fans as well. Fair play to everyone. Very touching.

Be nice to think of the guy looking down and enjoying today's game and our incredible start to the season.

He'll be long remembered not just by those who knew him for his famous inspirational team talk.

What a great legacy to reflect on, on such a sad day for his friends and family.

RIP

robbo, ran out of likes again..respect

glad we all did the appreciation in the 54th minute, sitting in the Williams at 53 minutes and looking at our new rugby clock in the Atyeo we were down the EE and I thought, could someone pull off a goal in the 54th, sadly not but what a great round of appreciation for the main man, hope Divvy was sat with HD and loved the moment :clap: :clap: :clap:

Got to echo the respect for the applause. It seemed the ground stood as a whole and it was a fitting tribute.

Got to mention DaveL who mentioned it a couple of times before kickoff and I think at HT aswell. This saved many bewildered people asking why people were clapping as recently happened.

It was a great tribute to him today.

Hope the great regard he was clearly held in is some sort of comfort to his family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Mark, put up an excellent fight and his teamtalk last season genuinely helped I think.

Good to see Cotterill join in the applause

That's good to hear - didn't make todays game but glad the message got around.

RIP Mark thanks for every thing

Lets hope our recent results gave him something to smile about towards the end - today's result was for him and let's hope when the new stands are built, should we have some dorm of brick scheme, that the club puts one up for him in prime position with suitable wording - gone but never forgotten..

RIP Mark, never knew you, but many, many, many people do, and today you can rest easy, pain free, and smile at the upturn in the fortunes of this club, which you helped create.

Everyone in the crowd, including the Donsfans, and those at the Rovers game burst into applause on the 4th minute, a very poignant moment...

RIP Mark. So glad you got to see City sitting top of the League 1 table before you had to leave us. Sure the talk you gave the players will stay with them forever. Thanks for the difference you made at City and in life. Thoughts with your family and friends fellow red.

Glad we produced a performance and result worthy of your spirit.

I, and the lot I was with, stood and clapped loudly in your honour today.

Mark's story is in the Sun tomorrow. I can't link to it as I haven't got a subscription, but it's on p15, if you want to peruse a copy in the newsagents.

A true City hero.

An inspirational human being who will be sadly missed by those who knew him and those that didn't.

Rest in peace young man.

Mark's story is in the Sun tomorrow. I can't link to it as I haven't got a subscription, but it's on p15, if you want to peruse a copy in the newsagents.

Can't see it on the Sun website and won't be near a newsagent today.  If anyone can share a high res piccie of the newspaper page that would be great.