Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portland Bill

Mark "divvy" Saunders

Recommended Posts

7-8k-ish? 4,000 City fans turned up for the game v Royal Antwerp. I cant imagine much more would show interest.

Seriously though, would love a friendly with them...would be great, but just dont buy into all this "the club should do it"

What would you 'buy in to?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about this, would it be wrong to have a Divvy Minute every match, would a one minute clap dilute the tribute too much or will it galvanise us and respect his legacy even more, I hope so. It could be a positive during a match and we as a club could become famous for it?

I've lost close family members I used to share football with and I like to think they are looking down. I would clap for both Divvy and them too.

 

With all due respect I think that is taking things way too far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone else has said it, but I want to add my respects to the Willem fans for their own tribute at the weekend, and also to the supporters that came over for the funeral, hat doffed to the lot of you

 

There has been a lot of discussion about pre season friendlies before, I really hope that something can be done next summer, nothing but complete respect for you guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about this, would it be wrong to have a Divvy Minute every match, would a one minute clap dilute the tribute too much or will it galvanise us and respect his legacy even more, I hope so. It could be a positive during a match and we as a club could become famous for it?

I've lost close family members I used to share football with and I like to think they are looking down. I would clap for both Divvy and them too.

Nice sentiment but think it would lose its meaning and resonance. Perhaps first and last games of a season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone else has said it, but I want to add my respects to the Willem fans for their own tribute at the weekend, and also to the supporters that came over for the funeral, hat doffed to the lot of you

 

There has been a lot of discussion about pre season friendlies before, I really hope that something can be done next summer, nothing but complete respect for you guys

Yep, superb stuff from the Willem fans. Huge respect to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe the last two years have gone by so quickly

Two years since we lost Mark Saunders - like other reds that have fallen, they are gone but will never be forgotten

RIP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phantom said:

Can't believe the last two years have gone by so quickly

Two years since we lost Mark Saunders - like other reds that have fallen, they are gone but will never be forgotten

RIP 

Yep saw that on FB, can't believe that was two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Divvy, very much missed by all who knew him.

It would be nice for a minute applause on 54 minutes just to show we don't forget our lost city friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OneWordCityNerd said:

IMG_3677.PNG

Phenomenal. RIP Divvy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Phenomenal. RIP Divvy.

Christ how we needed that last season. And every week. With that posted in the changing room we'd be unbeatable.

And that would be a fantastic memory to the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ how we needed that last season. And every week. With that posted in the changing room we'd be unbeatable.

And that would be a fantastic memory to the man.

It's exactly what we all want to say to the players, be great if we could get that up in the changing room permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's exactly what we all want to say to the players, be great if we could get that up in the changing room permanently.

Good idea. I know we've got a few quotes from the likes of Conor McGregor, Ali etc up in the changing room and gym areas. This would be a good addition.

Maybe tweet that and the links to the story to LJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good idea. I know we've got a few quotes from the likes of Conor McGregor, Ali etc up in the changing room and gym areas. This would be a good addition.

Maybe tweet that and the links to the story to LJ.

Phileas - I'm on it ;)

Let you know what response I get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Phileas - I'm on it ;)

Let you know what response I get.

Cool thanks, would be good to get a few people doing it for more chance of it being seen.

Maybe tweet a few of the players who would remember.. Bobby, Joe, Flint etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

@AdamB Get this done, maybe a memoir in the South Stand, could add it to our timeline on the ceiling 

It was a hugely important turning point in that season, and hence our history. Without it we could've been league 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed!

Divvy was a real fan, and f#ck me, he loved Bristol City. He gave a lot of us some very memorable days out home and away.

That speech was a key moment in that season and should be on the changing room wall to remind these pretentious premadonnas who is most important to our club.

I sat with him in the H&C many years ago and talked football for an hour with him and just remember the passion in his words. Moving stuff.

RIP Divvy. CSF1984 old school.

You don't know what you have in life until it is too late! Lovely bloke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 2, 2017 at 02:36, OneWordCityNerd said:

IMG_3677.PNG

 

18 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

@AdamB Get this done, maybe a memoir in the South Stand, could add it to our timeline on the ceiling 

 

17 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

It was a hugely important turning point in that season, and hence our history. Without it we could've been league 2.

This speech did not just change that season it changed our club. Finally a lifetime supporter of the club got to say what many of. Us wanted to say for years. 

The speech is engrained on me and many more of us and I know those who heard it won't forget it for a myriad of reasons. Yes it needs to be placed somewhere appropriate and I have some ideas

This club has been held together at its lowest points by the hardest of hardcore supporters and if we think we know where we are going, we better know where we came from. @AdamBdid you find the board with the shareholders names on that needs to be put back too!

Divvy Saunders. Top bloke who spoke for us all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

 

 

This speech did not just change that season it changed our club. Finally a lifetime supporter of the club got to say what many of. Us wanted to say for years. 

The speech is engrained on me and many more of us and I know those who heard it won't forget it for a myriad of reasons. Yes it needs to be placed somewhere appropriate and I have some ideas

This club has been held together at its lowest points by the hardest of hardcore supporters and if we think we know where we are going, we better know where we came from. @AdamBdid you find the board with the shareholders names on that needs to be put back too!

Divvy Saunders. Top bloke who spoke for us all!

Spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

That should be engraved somewhere at Ashton Gate. Really emotional stuff :sad26:

RIP Mark never knew you but your part of our history now.

Apparently it's nothing like the actual speech . So whoever wrote this one....it's.bullshit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Apparently it's nothing like the actual speech . So whoever wrote this one....it's.bullshit 

Can you (someone) tell us what the differences are between what was said here and what was said 'apparently' if it is to be commemorated?  

Legend!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Can you (someone) tell us what the differences are between what was said here and what was said 'apparently' if it is to be commemorated?  

Legend!

 

I'm just going by what one of his family members has said on Facebook having seen this post.

Won't deny whatever he said ,it played a part in our turnaround that season though. Fair play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...