IGNORED

The Official Coventry City V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

Good morning all from cloudy and humid Manila where the sun has gone for walkabout this past week but where we have not suffered the rain and lashings of wind and ocean surge they have been experiencing first in Anguilla and then Bermuda. Hurricane Gonzalo was a Category 2, just, when it hit Anguilla but has significantly strengthened to a 4 overnight. One needs to check the weather channel to see where it is now and if indeed it has made landfall over the second British dependent territory in a week. Update from a Brit friend living in Bermuda... passed overnight.. some damage to his property but relatively little.. awaiting further news when power is back. Not that anybody is in the slightest bit interested in that and rightly so. Moving swiftly on..

And talking of Hurricanes then what can we expect from City's marauding attack this glorious day of the week?

I will be back here to update this shortly with further thoughts. Off for a quick cup of English Breakfast.

I placed the English breakfast tea bags in the fridge next to some smelly cheese... duhhhh... a fragrant bouquet if ever there was one; English Danish Blue Tea... hmm..... ?... narghhh..

Can we see anything other than a City win? Hostile crowds and reasonably large ones at that should, surely, be offset by the fact we will have our largest following of the season, and I just want to thank all the City fans going for an absolutely fabulous turn out; all of us who cannot go for time, distance or money reasons really appreciate your support without which we would for sure not pick up so many points on the road. So for those of us listening to the dulcet (sic) or is it dullest tones of live commentary from near or far please do us all proud and sing your lungs out for the boys in... black and white today I am guessing. Be our 12th man and lead us to victoryyyyy.

0-2

Come onnnnn.

Freeman and Agard and Wilbraham with disallowed.

I love saturday, i love it.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 2

Good morning all from cloudy, humid Manila where the sun has gone for walkabout this past week but where we have not suffered the rain and lashings of wind and ocean surge they have been experiencing first in Anguilla and then Bermuda. Hurricane Gonzalo was a Category 2, just, when it hit Anguilla but has significantly strengthened to a 4 overnight. One needs to check the weather channel to see where it now and if indeed it has made landfall over the second British dependent territory in a week.

Talking of Hurricanes then what can we expect from City's marauding attack this glorious day of the week?

I will be back here to update this shortly with further thoughts. Off for a quick cup of English Breakfast.

I'm a bit puzzled. Are you in Manila Philippines or La Manila, Cuba?

Probably because he has a Cuba based name, and is discussing Caribbean weather, but from SE Asia?

And because I wish i was still living in Havana where i was located for 8 glorious years. I don't go back nearly enough, not easy from these parts. if anybody can figure out the best routing they will surely get a nice cigar.

it does come across a little that way no?!! lorra larfs. I do not know of La Manila... never went there; for benefit of Cidered so that should answer your question.

I'm sorry my dirty little secret has been discovered. I just did not want to waste time and cash going to the wrong country for my weekend stalk. Bit late to start out now because I have to be back home by 5pm to cook tonights bolognese!

To everyone going to the Ricoh. Have a safe journey there and back and a wonderful afternoon with 3 points on the board and not on your licence.

Edited by cidered abroad

Good morning all from cloudy and humid Manila where the sun has gone for walkabout this past week but where we have not suffered the rain and lashings of wind and ocean surge they have been experiencing first in Anguilla and then Bermuda. Hurricane Gonzalo was a Category 2, just, when it hit Anguilla but has significantly strengthened to a 4 overnight. One needs to check the weather channel to see where it is now and if indeed it has made landfall over the second British dependent territory in a week. Update from a Brit friend living in Bermuda... passed overnight.. some damage to his property but relatively little.. awaiting further news when power is back. Not that anybody is in the slightest bit interested in that and rightly so. Moving swiftly on..

And talking of Hurricanes then what can we expect from City's marauding attack this glorious day of the week?

I placed the English breakfast tea bags in the fridge next to some smelly cheese... duhhhh... a fragrant bouquet if ever there was one; English Danish Blue Tea... hmm..... ?... narghhh..

Can we see anything other than a City win? Hostile crowds and reasonably large ones at that should, surely, be offset by the fact we will have our largest following of the season, and I just want to thank all the City fans going for an absolutely fabulous turn out; all of us who cannot go for time, distance or money reasons really appreciate your support without which we would for sure not pick up so many points on the road. So for those of us listening to the dulcet (sic) or is it dullest tones of live commentary from near or far please do us all proud and sing your lungs out for the boys in... black and white today I am guessing. Be our 12th man and lead us to victoryyyyy.

0-2

Come onnnnn.

You're not fooling us for a second ,youm in Bemmy ,posh git ;0)

I've been to the gym and subsequently ruined said gym session with a big fry up. Pumped for this one now! Let's have it!

I took my 4 year old to swimming lessons at 9am.

Spent majority of the 30 mins checking my phone, working out my accumulator - occasionally giving a 'well done' as she went under a hoop under water and collected a brick etc.

Had my shirt on for a quicker getaway when we were done.

It was all made worthwhile when the swim instructor - a guy from Reading and we're in Oxfordshire - said "Bristol City? They are a good side now. Top of the league aren't they?"

Last season a neutral guy like that would have had zero idea how we were doing. We're getting there, we're coming back......

0-2

Come onnnnn.

Quick question: why do you keep your tea bags in the fridge?
  • Like 1

And because I wish i was still living in Havana where i was located for 8 glorious years. I don't go back nearly enough, not easy from these parts. if anybody can figure out the best routing they will surely get a nice cigar.

Did you every do the Hemingway look alike contest?  Is it still going?   I was watching Michael Pallin's Hemingway Adventure on Dvd the other night and Cuba looked lovely even though it was 1999, and than contest was absolutely manic.

There's no room for them in the kitchen cupboards?

per Chipdawg's question... it is a good one... and honestly i cannot really answer it other than I had a plague of ants some weeks ago.. the tiny ones who seem to come from nowhere and i saw them crawling all over some Chai bags.. maybe they liked the cinnamon scent. They have been vapourized since and no sign of a return colony. One little nest actually resided in my kettle top.. very bizarre place to live; guess they just liked being boiled alive and then decided to take it out on my tea bags which are now safely back in the cupboard.

Edited by havanatopia