IGNORED

Wow!

beaverface

Has anybody checked out the following fly overs that Man city are proposing? It shows that they're operating in a completely different league to a majority of the football clubs within the Country including us, and we have a Billionaire owner as well !!!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2014/june/manchester-city-announce-second-phase-of-etihad-expansion

Is it impressive? Yes it is. Is it going to improve the amount and more importantly the quality of British players making the grade, probably not because it's going to be filled with foreigners. You only have to look at their current youth teams to tell you that. 

Is it impressive? Yes it is. Is it going to improve the amount and more importantly the quality of British players making the grade, probably not because it's going to be filled with foreigners. You only have to look at their current youth teams to tell you that. 

Their U18 currently has  around 13 Englishman and at least 2 Irishman (Yes I realise they aren't British) out of 23. Compared with other clubs of their (admittedly bought) status they boast quite impressive numbers of home grown talent. Also at least 5 or 6 of them are from the greater Manchester area.

***These figures may not be 100% accurate but they are what the Etihad season ticket holder sat opposite me at work was (coincidentally) telling me earlier this morning. ***

Has anybody checked out the following fly overs that Man city are proposing? It shows that they're operating in a completely different league to a majority of the football clubs within the Country including us, and we have a Billionaire owner as well !!!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2014/june/manchester-city-announce-second-phase-of-etihad-expansion

They aren't proposing it - it's built and they are moving in this month/next month in a staggered move for players/staff/academy.

Does anyone have any information about the extent of the "Sports Academy" that will be constructed at Ashton Vale following the agreement reached a couple of months ago between the Village Green / City Council / Bristol Sport that the VG will occupy half of the land and that sports academy will be where the stadium would have been.

Clearly not as extensive as MCFC but one must assume that a stadium will be part of our complex.

They also do a lot of work in the community and have invested heavily in some of manchesters more deprived areas. I think it's fair to say that any work they have done has already improved the immediate areas. Amenities surrounding the site are vastly improved too, despite being so affluent, the club somehow manages to uphold a working class ethos, one that is popular with locals both red and blue.

Archived