IGNORED

Pne

TV Tom

They clearly have something about them, and will be a tough game, no doubts about it.

But that said; I'd rather the points on the board, and starting tomorrow they have three tough away games in a week.  And the the fact they have to play five games compared to our three (which includes a JPT tie for both of us) before coming to the Gate could be a factor.

We'll see; they were always going to be contenders, so no surprise they are a threat.

They clearly have something about them, and will be a tough game, no doubts about it.

But that said; I'd rather the points on the board, and starting tomorrow they have three tough away games in a week. And the the fact they have to play five games compared to our three (which includes a JPT tie for both of us) before coming to the Gate could be a factor.

We'll see; they were always going to be contenders, so no surprise they are a threat.

With the FA Cup as well they have to play 6 and we have to play 4.

Good evening City fans, Nobber in peace ;). We take it as a compliment that you have a thread just for us, we must be doing something right...Banter aside, I must admit (bar a few) that your views on us are quiet fair. You have set the standard that the rest of the league need to meet. However, it is only October. You have made a cracking start, so did Orient last season and if my memory serves me right, Tranmere the season before and look what happened. This next month will no doubt give a good indicator as to who is going to be serious about playoffs/promotion. I am also sure we will both drop points (lose) come xmas so it will be very interesting. Your right to make a point about our upcoming marathon of away games, I can't see this having any impact on our game. They're professionals that train every day and have plenty of recovery time, our only issue would be if the opposition decide to do a Port Vale or a Notts County (throws out bait) and decide to kick our precious Garner (joke) round the pitch. As a result picking up injuries, that said we have had players step up from the bench and made a difference i.e. Davies and Welsh on Saturday. You might not rate these players but they contributed to the result. Back to the point, I believe we will win tomorrow against Orient, they have a raft of injuries and we tend to be more attacking when away from home, our come back on Saturday no doubt a boost also for the players as well as the fact we've played them off the park and picked up 6 points in our last two games against them :) We do have a horrific run in, but I think we will have more than enough quality against Rochdale and Swindon to get a result. Oldham and yourselves, on current form I think will get wins against us on your respective grounds...I hope I am wrong though, draws in these I will take. That leaves Bradford, we have struggled in recent meetings but they by no means out played us, again, i'd take a draw but I think we have enough to get the win at home. Our downfall is our defence, despite recently having one of the best current defensive records in the league, we ship stupid goals. Good luck with the rest of the season and congratulations with the great start, long may it(cough not) continue ;). I look forward to Nov 22nd..

Why we  wanting to run our side down ? Yes we have had a few wobbles and let a few goals in, but apart from Garner, who else would you take from the Preston side and put in ours ? We have a lot of comparable players, and in some cases a couple that I am sure they would like. Lets see where we are on Dec 28th, half the season gone, and a better idea of the season. Preston will not run away with it, not a hope, they will not strengthen in jan like Wolves last year. Top 6 will take shape, and Peterborough, Sheffield Utd, Preston and ourselves will feature. There are few City squads I can recall that can take points when the team is not on form. We are not on form and are unbeaten. A week without a game we needed really bad. Oh and SC is getting JET sorted, and he will feature more and more. right through the middle. You can double up on our wing backs, but that leaves a huge gap for JET/Freeman through the middle. We possibly will sign a couple in Jan ( forward for sure) but we are still a damn hard side to play against. Young side, lots of new players, of course we will get better. I still believe we will win the league. We look like a promotion side. 

I like the sound of this billy and very much hope this is the case.

But do you know this, or is it just your best hope/guess?

We're a third of the way through the season, so whatever's been going on behind the scenes with Jet has taken a long time, but a reinvigorated, fit and focused Jet would be like signing an outstanding new player, but unusually well rested and raring to go.

If so, the rest of the division should be very worried. He would be City's trump card.

I really do hope there is a plan behind Jet's sporadic appearances this season to get him to optimum effectiveness, and the staff at the club have been working together on whatever issues were seen as needing to be sorted out for him to feature more.

I like the sound of this billy and very much hope this is the case.

But do you know this, or is it just your best hope/guess?

We're a third of the way through the season, so whatever's been going on behind the scenes with Jet has taken a long time, but a reinvigorated, fit and focused Jet would be like signing an outstanding new player, but unusually well rested and raring to go.

If so, the rest of the division should be very worried. He would be City's trump card.

I really do hope there is a plan behind Jet's sporadic appearances this season to get him to optimum effectiveness, and the staff at the club have been working together on whatever issues were seen as needing to be sorted out for him to feature more.

... a reinvigorated, fit and focussed JET would be unan in human form, Noggers :)

"Are you man or are you unan?"

"I am JET".

Pure speculation here, but I'd like to hope that Cotterill has been priming JET to fit into his system, or any system for that matter. There is no way that Cotterill was ever going to adopt SOD's "Just do what the **** you want, JET" strategy which is why he has not seen much game time.

Hopefully, behind the scenes the beast is being tamed.

It would also be a credit to Cotterill personally if he is working to improve JET's system discipline and not just freezing him out.

... a reinvigorated, fit and focussed JET would be unan in human form, Noggers :)

"Are you man or are you unan?"

"I am JET".

Pure speculation here, but I'd like to hope that Cotterill has been priming JET to fit into his system, or any system for that matter. There is no way that Cotterill was ever going to adopt SOD's "Just do what the **** you want, JET" strategy which is why he has not seen much game time.

Hopefully, behind the scenes the beast is being tamed.

It would also be a credit to Cotterill personally if he is working to improve JET's system discipline and not just freezing him out.

Although he's not had much game time, I've noticed that JET is much more inclined to run these days. And he's still dangerous.

Fingers crossed we can see a new more mobile JET MKII.

Good evening City fans, Nobber in peace ;). We take it as a compliment that you have a thread just for us, we must be doing something right...Banter aside, I must admit (bar a few) that your views on us are quiet fair. You have set the standard that the rest of the league need to meet. However, it is only October. You have made a cracking start, so did Orient last season and if my memory serves me right, Tranmere the season before and look what happened. This next month will no doubt give a good indicator as to who is going to be serious about playoffs/promotion. I am also sure we will both drop points (lose) come xmas so it will be very interesting. Your right to make a point about our upcoming marathon of away games, I can't see this having any impact on our game. They're professionals that train every day and have plenty of recovery time, our only issue would be if the opposition decide to do a Port Vale or a Notts County (throws out bait) and decide to kick our precious Garner (joke) round the pitch. As a result picking up injuries, that said we have had players step up from the bench and made a difference i.e. Davies and Welsh on Saturday. You might not rate these players but they contributed to the result. Back to the point, I believe we will win tomorrow against Orient, they have a raft of injuries and we tend to be more attacking when away from home, our come back on Saturday no doubt a boost also for the players as well as the fact we've played them off the park and picked up 6 points in our last two games against them :) We do have a horrific run in, but I think we will have more than enough quality against Rochdale and Swindon to get a result. Oldham and yourselves, on current form I think will get wins against us on your respective grounds...I hope I am wrong though, draws in these I will take. That leaves Bradford, we have struggled in recent meetings but they by no means out played us, again, i'd take a draw but I think we have enough to get the win at home. Our downfall is our defence, despite recently having one of the best current defensive records in the league, we ship stupid goals. Good luck with the rest of the season and congratulations with the great start, long may it(cough not) continue ;). I look forward to Nov 22nd..

PNE are very much like us then!

Great post btw.

Garner is a horrible little rat of a player, one of the few I feel deserves a serious if not career ending injury :ph34r: :ph34r:

:laugh:, quiet impressive, just the one to bite on here? I hope he scores just for you ;)

As long as Kilkenny stays off the score sheet, though he does have a tendency to find the net against old sides, I've noticed.

I'd probably put money on Garner scoring to be honest, but the way we've be playing, he'll probably need more than one...

Archived