IGNORED

Taunton To Parson Street

Bat Fastard

I have tried thi in the past and then spent nearly an hour getting back onto the Portway. I wonder how long it will be before the mayor blocks off this area as well! Aizoon describes him brilliantly!

Why go on to the Portway ?.

From the Parson st area, it's easier to go straight down the A38 and go on the M5 at junction 22

If your going to Taunton :)

Why not have a mid-life crisis and buy an over powered motor bike?

I have. A nice, mint GSX1400.

Still waiting though for a motorcycle manufacturer to produce a seat than you can sit on for more than 45 mins without suffering severe bum ache. So, unless I can have a masseur when I arrive at The Gate it's not an option.

Why not have a mid-life crisis and buy an over powered motor bike?

Or do it the old fashioned way like us City supporting townies used to do and fly in by personal helicopter... Gee I sometimes miss those good old days, this modern digital age is OK, cleaner and faster than the old choppers but a bit like quant old cd's vs downloads I yearn for the old ways.

Oh well must fly, as we used to say, beam me up Scotty.

(PS... Lansdown's AG teleportation station will be available to all from next season but its worth noting that for a thirty quid optional membership members will get priority queue less beam time.)

Or do it the old fashioned way like us City supporting townies used to do and fly in by personal helicopter... Gee I sometimes miss those good old days, this modern digital age is OK, cleaner and faster than the old choppers but a bit like quant old cd's vs downloads I yearn for the old ways.

Oh well must fly, as we used to say, beam me up Scotty.

(PS... Lansdown's AG teleportation station will be available to all from next season but its worth noting that for a thirty quid optional membership members will get priority queue less beam time.)

I live near Taunton and always park near Luckwell primary school at about 2pm.  Failing that the Bedminster Cricket Club option is good if I'm late and for a quick getaway afterwards. That's to the M5, but normally I take the A38 route too - the motorway is too difficult to get to from the Parson St side of the ground.

I live near Taunton and always park near Luckwell primary school at about 2pm.  Failing that the Bedminster Cricket Club option is good if I'm late and for a quick getaway afterwards. That's to the M5, but normally I take the A38 route too - the motorway is too difficult to get to from the Parson St side of the ground.

Thanks for that - I think that I may experiment with the A38 although previous experience has involved wading through heavy traffic. There have been lots of helpful suggestions - thanks to all concerned.

I have noticed that Bristol City Council are to make Southville a residents only parking zone starting on 1st July 2015. With the new restrictions on the other side of the river it will funnel all the match day parking into a much smaller area. I hope the club have some answers or the newly refurbished stadium may not get filled if people cannot park. Who the hell voted for this joke of a mayor??

I have noticed that Bristol City Council are to make Southville a residents only parking zone starting on 1st July 2015. With the new restrictions on the other side of the river it will funnel all the match day parking into a much smaller area. I hope the club have some answers or the newly refurbished stadium may not get filled if people cannot park. Who the hell voted for this joke of a mayor??

I blame the hairy fairies at the bottom of our gardens...

we park on ashton vale trading estate but due to parking restrictions elsewhere its gets a bit busy these days !! I always get there around 2pm and its ok any later than 230 and you will struggle.There are a couple of spaces that are marked as spaces and if you park in them you will be clamped......they are the first four spaces in the avdon factory car park but if you park around the back you will be ok

we park on ashton vale trading estate but due to parking restrictions elsewhere its gets a bit busy these days !! I always get there around 2pm and its ok any later than 230 and you will struggle.There are a couple of spaces that are marked as spaces and if you park in them you will be clamped......they are the first four spaces in the avdon factory car park but if you park around the back you will be ok

Various helpful people on this forum have given some very helpful responses to this parking problem - so thank you and all the others!

It remains to be seen what will happen to the dwindling pool of parking options when Southville has residents parking zoning with just a few pay and display parking places limited to 2 hours!! This will make it impossible for match days. I find this very worrying at my time of life and hope that the club have worked out some solutions. As the capacity rises - it could become impossible to park within a few miles and this Is likely to fuel demand for residents parking around the Ashton Gate area.

Various helpful people on this forum have given some very helpful responses to this parking problem - so thank you and all the others!

It remains to be seen what will happen to the dwindling pool of parking options when Southville has residents parking zoning with just a few pay and display parking places limited to 2 hours!! This will make it impossible for match days. I find this very worrying at my time of life and hope that the club have worked out some solutions. As the capacity rises - it could become impossible to park within a few miles and this Is likely to fuel demand for residents parking around the Ashton Gate area.

It won't effect you. The parking restrictions planned are Monday to Friday 9 til 5.

93% of them according to the People's Republic of Stokes Croft :noexp:

I'm not leaping to the defence of George Ferguson, but I doubt he has much to do with double yellow line policy. Bristol City Council have enough anti-car zealots to make people's life a misery without Red Trousers' help.

I remember when I worked in Whiteladies Rd and the areas you could park in the Redland hinterland grww fewer and fewer. Double yellows were stretched 100 yards from every junction, hitherto unrestricted roads were given ridiculously tight time limits for parking and everything was enforced with a Nazi efficiency.

I got more parking tickets in the two years I was regularly working there than I've had in the rest of my 30 years on the road put together. I often parked up to a mile from my office.

All that was before genial George took office.

It won't effect you. The parking restrictions planned are Monday to Friday 9 til 5.

Worryingly, I think that was assumed originally to be the case with Clifton, but now a large part of it ('South of Clifton Park') will operate Monday - Saturday, 9am - 9pm.

In the RPZ 'questionnaire' Southville residents were obliged to fill in there were no definite days or times included - they were still to be finalised - and it would be no surprise if extended days and hours were pushed through late on for no good reason and to the detriment of everybody.

The same may well apply to Ashton, particularly if non football fan local residents push for it in numbers, perhaps seeing it's introduction as an opportunity to put an end to any match day football parking hassle they feel they experience for good. Even though they chose to live near a football stadium in the first place!

Southville residents of course overwhelmingly rejected an RPZ when given a free vote on it a few years ago ( pre Ferguson) and were berated by the Council at the time who said there wouldn't be another opportunity for many years, maybe ever.

Archived