IGNORED

David James Bankrupt

foghornred

Is that some sort of joke?

An indivdual that has earned thousands fleecing the working man to pay his extortionate wages and now he wants most likely the same fans to buy his stuff?

Im sorry but he can do one IMO, what was the kiddy on when he was here, deffinetly over 10k a week wasnt it? Shocking.

Struggle to feel any sympathy for this to be honest....for someone who has built a reputation on being quite intelligent im not quite sure how he finds himself bankrupt....Also always here about celebs being bankrupt but not sure they suffer too much, that skank Kerry katona is always pleading poverty but is still living in a 6 bed mansion

As he has been declared bankrupt an official receiver or court appointed insolvency practitioner will have been made trustee, to administer his finances during the period of bankruptcy. It would be there decision to realise any capital from the sale of personal assets including car, house, personal items etc... to enable creditors to be paid. It is therefore likely that it is not David James who has made the decision to sell his football memorabilia, but the court appointed trustee. The same trustee who will be taking a large chunk of his earnings from India.

But even if it was one divorce or several he still should be having more in his bank account than several of us put together I would think? Surely an ex wife would only be entitled to half, and his half is again still more than the average person earns in a lifetime I guess?

I understand he did a lot for charity, but again I am guessing it was personal appearances, putting his name to something rather than giving away thousands (unless for tax reasons).

Didn't he have an organic vegetable business or something somewhere near Exeter, which was part of the reason when he joined us so that he could stay in the area. Did that go spectacularly wrong?

I didn't rate him at all when he was here, infact I never went a bundle on him throughout his career. But I I'd hear some very intelligent interviews so my opinion went up a little. He did say though that other than playing he had no interest in football at all, couldn't tell the interviewer who was top of the Premiership etc. So when he does the pundit work I can't help thinking he is doing it for the 'wrong' reasons.

No doubt he will write a book and solve all his problems that way, if there are enough people about who care enough it buy it.

He did write off a huge sum of money owed to Portsmouth to keep them alive as well mind. Works both ways.

not sure about this

pretty sure his name was on a list of ex Pompey players still being paid by the Pompey Supporters Trust after the rescue.

The signing of James backfired for us as he failed to inspire on or off the pitch.

He was poor on BT Sport as a pundit,and was moved from PL games to Conference games and then disappeared altogether - which is why he was available for the IPL I guess.

Archived