IGNORED

David James Bankrupt

foghornred

Didn't Bristol City go bankrupt?

No we didn't, we were saved from bankruptcy from a generous group of players, which allowed a new group to take over at board level. It might be a technicality but in theory we were never actually bankrupt, although some of the individuals on the board might have been.

No we didn't, we were saved from bankruptcy from a generous group of players, which allowed a new group to take over at board level. It might be a technicality but in theory we were never actually bankrupt, although some of the individuals on the board might have been.

sorry, that's not correct.

Bristol City were liquidated in 1982.

The club was insolvent (bankrupt) and a new club was formed BCFC(1982)Ltd. the new club was allowed to take over the fixtures ( the only time the FL allowed this).The money raised from selling shares in the new club ( I bought some shares) plus the money put in by the new directors allowed the purchase of AG but was not enough to honour the contracts of the AG8 hence they had to go. The money paid to the liquidator for AG was used to pay the creditors a % of what they were owed.

we were lucky - being the first to do this there were no points deduction etc as happens now

Most number of clean sheets in Premier League history.

Crap for us.

A little easier when you have been around 'forever' ; clean sheets tend to stack up

That said he was undoubtedly a very decent goal keeper. Just had the odd tendency to drop a ball giving him his calamity tag... Bit undeserved. Goal keepers are on a hiding to nothing frankly.

As for his fate?... We are not party to the facts are we so a tad disingenuous to slate the guy. Regardless i never wish ill on anyone except extreme law breakers of course like that yankie cyclist who should have the word liar tattoed on to his forehead.

I'm currently in India at the mo and funnily enough who popped up on the tele the other day but the man himself. Playing for Kerela with Pearson and Ian Hulme ex Tranmere. This Indian footy is like being sent back in time to the millennium. Pires, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Freddie Ljunberg and Andre Santos Arsenal legend!

I am sure I read that he had to pay half of his fortune to his wife as part of their divorce.

Still doesn't excuse the fact he has blown millions.

And half of many millions should still be.... millions. My Dad earned a modest living, divorced twice but was never declared bankrupt.

I'd rather spare sympathy to all those he still owes money to.

there are many worse things then going bankrupt, we've got footballers in prison for drug dealing rape, killing people when drunk behind the wheel,

David James may of had a fortune but he has lost it, so what many people do that, Just look what happened to Alan Stanford after he incvested in cricket to see the real idiots, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Stanford

As he has been declared bankrupt an official receiver or court appointed insolvency practitioner will have been made trustee, to administer his finances during the period of bankruptcy. It would be there decision to realise any capital from the sale of personal assets including car, house, personal items etc... to enable creditors to be paid. It is therefore likely that it is not David James who has made the decision to sell his football memorabilia, but the court appointed trustee. The same trustee who will be taking a large chunk of his earnings from India.

That's all we need !!  Someone to come on here with a perfectly reasonable and factual post.  What on earth is this forum coming to these days :dunno:

You wouldn't believe with the amount of goals he let in with us, he still holds the most clean sheets in the prem would you :D

if we had Petr Cech in goal we would of concided that amount as the defense was the worst I've ever witnessed at Ashton Gate

I will give him twenty quid for one of his City shirts!

Interestingly enough- of his 150 shirts for sale at auction including all the big clubs/signed England, loads of his former club shirts there is but ONE BCFC shirt.......

Proving that no matter what- some things are worth more than mere money and he just can't bear to part with the remaining shirts of the best club he ever played for. He has obviously stashed them away somewhere the Official Receiver can't find.

This guy is gaining my sympathy.

sorry, that's not correct.

Bristol City were liquidated in 1982.

The club was insolvent (bankrupt) and a new club was formed BCFC(1982)Ltd. the new club was allowed to take over the fixtures ( the only time the FL allowed this).The money raised from selling shares in the new club ( I bought some shares) plus the money put in by the new directors allowed the purchase of AG but was not enough to honour the contracts of the AG8 hence they had to go. The money paid to the liquidator for AG was used to pay the creditors a % of what they were owed.

we were lucky - being the first to do this there were no points deduction etc as happens now

I stand corrected, this was not my understanding of the situation at the time. Cheers CR

He carried on playing beyond the point he should've retired and he carried on spending like a Prem bigshot when he wasn't earning the ackers.

What this tells us is you can be intelligent without being wise.

What this tells us is he had money troubles!

He carried on playing beyond the point he should've retired and he carried on spending like a Prem bigshot when he wasn't earning the ackers.

What this tells us is you can be intelligent without being wise.

David James is not as broke as he would make out. 

I'm sure he has huge assets outside of the UK which nobody is supposed to know about (including his ex wife probably).

Do you people know these things for fact? How do you find out such personal details? 

Archived