IGNORED

F A Cup 3Rd Round

phantom

• Admin

I see the powers that be at the FA are messing around with the format of the FA Cup again this season.

Not happy with playing games on random days and times, I see they have said that as there is a full Premier League fixture list on New Years Day (Thursday), no Premier League side will play their subsequent FA Cup 3rd round tie on the following Saturday.

The Saturday will only be for teams from outside the Premier League.

Games with Premier League sides will now be played on the Sunday, Monday or Tuesday !!

Let's hope if we get a Premier side in the cup we get them AFTER this round so we can play the game on a Saturday !

The only way the premier league teams will ever take the FA Cup seriously is if there was a Champions League place on offer to the winners. 

It would never happen but I think this is a great idea. Lots of premier league fans would probably rather finish 4th than win the country's premier knockout competition! It's bloody ridiculous.

The only way the premier league teams will ever take the FA Cup seriously is if there was a Champions League place on offer to the winners. 

I don't believe the Premier League teams take the FA Cup any less seriously than lower league teams. We put a weaker team out against Gillingham and no one here seemed to have a problem with that. 

Withholding your anti-premier league ire for a moment, the New Years Day fixture is just about as traditional as the FA Cup 3rd Round and I'm not particularly surprised that the top flight teams don't want to play Thursday then Saturday. I agree it's tiresome that the PL always gets it's way, but it's just one tradition being compromised for another

• Admin

Withholding your anti-premier league ire for a moment, the New Years Day fixture is just about as traditional as the FA Cup 3rd Round and I'm not particularly surprised that the top flight teams don't want to play Thursday then Saturday. I agree it's tiresome that the PL always gets it's way, but it's just one tradition being compromised for another

Indeed it is, so the question maybe should be why is it only the PL playing on New Years day?

Archived