IGNORED

Easter Matches

City_USA

Good evening fellow Reds.

I am happy to say that I have recruited yet another American into the Bristol City family :yes:  

I am also excited to say that we have both convinced our wives to indulge us in our need to support our club in person and that we are flying over for the two games at Easter. We are treating ourselves to the V.I.P package for the Swindon fixture on Easter Monday but have yet to finalise plans for the Good Friday match at Oldham. I'm interested in your feedback as to what would be the best way for me to immerse my friend into the culture of the " Away Supporters Experience "? Should we go up on the CATS coaches ( No I will NOT force coach #1 on him )? Or would it be better to join the supporters that ride the train, or maybe car pool with a small group ?

We are hoping that we will be able to witness a promotion winning performance from our boys in Purple and Lime although will happily settle for Red and White!

Your thoughts please.......

For the Oldham game, personally I would avoid the coaches.

Get yourselves on the train, a sixpack (or more?) of Thatchers, a bag of nibbles, and jobs a good 'un :) 

Whatever you decide, enjoy the weekend and congrats for converting your friend.

Definately looking forward to some Thatchers Gold, Cider is becoming very popular over here but unfortunately to appeal to the Americans it is all very sweet. I am leaning toward the train, am I right in thinking the coaches just go directly from AG to the stadium allowing no time for a pub visit ?

Definately looking forward to some Thatchers Gold, Cider is becoming very popular over here but unfortunately to appeal to the Americans it is all very sweet. I am leaning toward the train, am I right in thinking the coaches just go directly from AG to the stadium allowing no time for a pub visit ?

The coaches go straight to the ground, but there is a pub right next to Boundary park that permits away fans.

Train would still be better IMO.

Where are you based City_USA?

I'm in a suburb north of Denver, Colorado. My mate lives up in Winter Park, one of the nearby Ski Resorts. He is a middle school "Soccer coach" Loves his football and has always wanted to go to England to see some matches. His Mom recently passed away and before she went she asked him to use some of his small inheritance to do something on his "Bucket List". This was right at the top and therefore he asked if I would go with him. Of course I could not refuse! I'm also taking him to Anfield to give him a taste of PL, but he is just as excited to experience the home and away atmosphere of the Bristol City that he's heard me waffling on about over the years :shifty:

Train to Manchester Piccadilly would be best bet then the wetherspoons outside the station ( 5 min walk to be precise) and then if you really want to show him culture b n b it and do it a promotion night out in Manchester

Thanks for the info, hopefully closer to the date we can arrange to meet up with some fellow City fans

Good evening fellow Reds.

I am happy to say that I have recruited yet another American into the Bristol City family :yes:  

I am also excited to say that we have both convinced our wives to indulge us in our need to support our club in person and that we are flying over for the two games at Easter. We are treating ourselves to the V.I.P package for the Swindon fixture on Easter Monday but have yet to finalise plans for the Good Friday match at Oldham. I'm interested in your feedback as to what would be the best way for me to immerse my friend into the culture of the " Away Supporters Experience "? Should we go up on the CATS coaches ( No I will NOT force coach #1 on him )? Or would it be better to join the supporters that ride the train, or maybe car pool with a small group ?

We are hoping that we will be able to witness a promotion winning performance from our boys in Purple and Lime although will happily settle for Red and White!

Your thoughts please.......

On the subject of the V.I.P hospitality package, anyone experienced this and can tell me what to expect? Couldn't give a monkeys about the food part but excited about the behind the scenes tour. Am I right in thinking DL is in charge of this?

Archived