IGNORED

The Official Swindon Town V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

Once upon a time a small town of around 19,000 started a football team called the Spartan Club. According to rumours and recent history one might consider the club is returning to those humble beginnings, the original name perhaps sending a subliminal message to the more modern day incumbents that living within ones means or living as a small club with smaller ambitions is more realistic. A state of peculiar modern day prostration is no doubt causing an acute depression of spirits and spontaneous diarrhoea amongst many of the Swindle faithful and we, as fellow football fans, must not gloat but be sympathetic and be thankful (OK.. maybe not!!) that we, Bristol City, are a far bigger club with a far brighter future than little Spartan. ? 

City have met Swindle 99 times and have far the better record with 40 wins and 31 draws. Only 9 of those matches have not been league matches.

I see that the two players, Masimo Luongo and Yasser Kasim, names that require a plummy mouth and a lisp respectively to say properly, are absent but the rather dirty and uneducated Thompson has had his red card rescinded. That will be a minor blow to City but, as we all say and dare to tempt fate, if we play our game we will not lose and surely that must ring true here.

However, it is a 11 v 11 and on the day always difficult to predict. I will put my neck on the block and be the first to say that I think today we will win and win rather comfortably.

0-2 or perhaps 0-3

Good to see Wilbs bag both goals v the Wombles and I expect he will carry that through into this game and bag at least 1 with Agard and Freeman on the score sheet.

U ridddddddzzzz.

Edited by havanatopia

Beautiful day here in Sunny Moscow.  My two year old is running round in his Bristol City kit.  I'm showing him numerous clips of city banging in the goals.  Matchday is always special, but this is a little bit different.   These next 3 games will test our squad, will test our managers tactics but most of all I feel it will test us as fans.  Lets back them to the hill. Win loose or draw we have to create an environment of no fear.  We all know we are the best fans in the world.  Lets show it.  Everyone travelling today enjoy, drink lots and sing your hearts out.  As for me, ill be in a Moscow pub listening on player, whilst the land lord serves me cider and tries to learn City songs!

• Like 3

Beautiful day here in Sunny Moscow. My two year old is running round in his Bristol City kit. I'm showing him numerous clips of city banging in the goals. Matchday is always special, but this is a little bit different. These next 3 games will test our squad, will test our managers tactics but most of all I feel it will test us as fans. Lets back them to the hill. Win loose or draw we have to create an environment of no fear. We all know we are the best fans in the world. Lets show it. Everyone travelling today enjoy, drink lots and sing your hearts out. As for me, ill be in a Moscow pub listening on player, whilst the land lord serves me cider and tries to learn City songs!

Isn't a gallon of vodka more the traditional Russki tipple?

Beautiful day here in Sunny Moscow.  My two year old is running round in his Bristol City kit.  I'm showing him numerous clips of city banging in the goals.  Matchday is always special, but this is a little bit different.   These next 3 games will test our squad, will test our managers tactics but most of all I feel it will test us as fans.  Lets back them to the hill. Win loose or draw we have to create an environment of no fear.  We all know we are the best fans in the world.  Lets show it.  Everyone travelling today enjoy, drink lots and sing your hearts out.  As for me, ill be in a Moscow pub listening on player, whilst the land lord serves me cider and tries to learn City songs!

...don't forget to buy supper on the way home, if you don't fancy a Cot Lot, get yourself some fried chicken from a nearby KGB.

Have a good day m8, hope 'player' behaves for you.. :)

(

• Like 1

I know it's only around 0930 in Bristol,  it;s almost 1130 here and a grey, dull day and only 4.5 c   I think it's going to be a very close game and my predition is a 2-2 draw,  however i will be listening to RB on my link and probably pacing up and down with nerves if we go 2-0 up.   So have a good day all that are going and COYRs

Longest unbeaten start record has been beaten and continues to be set.

Hmmm, swear there was something I read about some sort of record in mid november. Maybe it was the previous league 1/third tier unbeaten record?

Anyway, I'm not particularly confident today. Would be typical to lose our run to those chavs up the M4.