IGNORED

Jet

TV Tom

When we went 1 down why the hell was Pack brought on instead of Jet? I really don't get it, Wilbraham was shattered, the opposition would be frightened to death if Jet came on, the only player we have in our team with that "wow" factor, to come on when 1 down with 15 to play is perfect for jet and could he of been any worse than Wilbraham was?

When we went 1 down why the hell was Pack brought on instead of Jet? I really don't get it, Wilbraham was shattered, the opposition would be frightened to death if Jet came on, the only player we have in our team with that "wow" factor, to come on when 1 down with 15 to play is perfect for jet and could he of been any worse than Wilbraham was?

Harsh on Wilbraham.

To be fair, I thought JET at that stage was a no brainer.

Much to admire about the team Cotts has built. His subs do leave me scratching my chin sometimes however.

To be fair every time jet comes on he has an impact, Wilbs was shattered and totally ineffectual, I' sure when Swindle saw Pack coming on and not Jet they were absolutely delighted, will SC ever take Wilbs off?

To be fair every time jet comes on he has an impact, Wilbs was shattered and totally ineffectual, I' sure when Swindle saw Pack coming on and not Jet they were absolutely delighted, will SC ever take Wilbs off?

What do you expect when fighting a lone battle up front all afternoon? I agree Jet should of been brought on though.

Wilbs looked completly shattered, after working his socks off, and then let us not forget popped up and almost scored. JET had to be worth a shot to nothing equally I would have said.

It really is very annoying, we had nothing to lose by the time Pack was brought on. Saw a Swindon fan saying that he was shocked he didn't come on as he was the best player at the County Ground last season - Cotts' logic when it comes to JET is questionable.

As much as I have said and believe SC will push us on....I do worry about that!

What do you expect when fighting a lone battle up front all afternoon? I agree Jet should of been brought on though.

I don't expect anything, what I saw was a 35 year old centre forward absolutely shattered after running his socks off all afternoon who should of come off to be replaced by someone the home defence might of had to think twice about because their centre half had Wilbs in his back pocket!

Thats my one critisim for yesterday, we weren't getting behind them so bring JET on last 10 to try something out of the ordinary. Flint should have been up for those late throws too, didn't feel we did enough to gamble on an equaliser, otherwise no problem considering the circumstances from the 2nd minute onwards.

Bit harsh on Wilbraham as he worked his socks off with no seevice he ran himself into the ground which is something you could never accuse JET of doing and most of the time when he does play if he doesn't fancy it it's like playing one man down anyway.

Bit harsh on Wilbraham as he worked his socks off with no seevice he ran himself into the ground which is something you could never accuse JET of doing and most of the time when he does play if he doesn't fancy it it's like playing one man down anyway.

We were asking our forwards to defend as well as attack, due to the circumstances. For all his good points JET isn't much of a tackler.

Perhaps Cotterill thought the likelihood of a super JET strike levelling the store was outweighed by the risk of losing 3-0?

That said, it's a very cautious approach, and I'm not sure it's what I'd do. You want points on the board. GD isn't really a worry for us.

Alternatively, perhaps Jay was carrying a slight question mark over fitness, and Pack was preferred.

It sounds like our end-game strategy was just to lump it up - the alleged Cotterball tactic - and we've never been very good at that, ironically.

We were asking our forwards to defend as well as attack, due to the circumstances. For all his good points JET isn't much of a tackler.

Perhaps Cotterill thought the likelihood of a super JET strike levelling the store was outweighed by the risk of losing 3-0?

That said, it's a very cautious approach, and I'm not sure it's what I'd do. You want points on the board. GD isn't really a worry for us.

Alternatively, perhaps Jay was carrying a slight question mark over fitness, and Pack was preferred.

It sounds like our end-game strategy was just to lump it up - the alleged Cotterball tactic - and we've never been very good at that, ironically.

If there was a slim chance of it finishing 1-1 id have liked to see us go for it and if we lost 3-0 so be it.

1-0 or 3-0 a defeat is a defeat.

Archived