IGNORED

Thompson : Disappointing Reaction At The End Of The Game

Langford Red

People actually making complaints :D

Get a bloody grip the lot of you. People continually moan about how vacant footballers appear from 'real life', how desensitised the game has become.. If anyone is truly hurt by a player going mildly OTT in celebration then you need to seek help.

Take it on the chin and turn up the pressure on him next time we face him. Football is all about pantomime villains, the authorities are desperate to neutralise any real passion and make everything nice and sanitised, let's not make their task easier by pathetic complaints like this.

Agree with this. I'm angry about the antics of their players on Saturday, but more so the feigning injury to get Elliott sent off and the subsequent celebration. Also the comments of their chairman. The best way to deal with it is win on Saturday, beat them at the Gate in April and win the league title. Complaining about a player over celebrating just seems a bit soft from us.

Fair enough, but no amount of complaining is going to change the result. The plucky minnows from Oxfordshire won their cup final, but now the dust has settled, they're still Swindon fans and we're still top of the league.

He who laughs last laughs longest :yes:

He who laughs last usually didn't get the joke  :P

City fans writing letters of complaint about players celebrating too hard and a shortage of acceptable toilet facilities?

Well things certainly seem to have moved on from the days of the hooligan and the firm.

How long before rival fans are feared for the viciousness of their solicitors?

To be fair Scotty's incident was a bit different. Like may others before and after him he was getting dogs abuse from the crowd and cupped his ear while heading back to the half way line to retake his position for kick off. However, i think we should move on. Thompson made himself look a proper @@@@ and hopefully we will remember and give him 90 minutes of hell when he plays at Ashton Gate in April. Three points nearer promotion and Flinty moonwalking the length of the Atyeo in celebration will be enough payback!

To be fair Scotty's incident was a bit different. Like may others before and after him he was getting dogs abuse from the crowd and cupped his ear while heading back to the half way line to retake his position for kick off. However, i think we should move on. Thompson made himself look a proper @@@@ and hopefully we will remember and give him 90 minutes of hell when he plays at Ashton Gate in April. Three points nearer promotion and Flinty moonwalking the length of the Atyeo in celebration will be enough payback!

It could even be the 3 points that secure us promotion! That may be me getting carried away but with just over a third of the season gone we are 5 points over 3rd place (if we win against PNE we will be a minimum of 7 points above 3rd), so by the time the 6th of april is over we may have managed to get the 15 points clear we would need to guarantee promotion.

Optimistic? Very

Possible? Yes

Goal celebrations are fine - in front of your own fans. Celebrations at the end are fine - in front of your own fans. It's about time the PFA had a word with the clubs before some idiot football player thinks he's untouchable and causes an invasion and gets seriously hurt.

Look what happened to that horse at The Mem when he was celebrating in front of the Sags.

Fair enough, but no amount of complaining is going to change the result. The plucky minnows from Oxfordshire won their cup final, but now the dust has settled, they're still Swindon fans and we're still top of the league.

He who laughs last laughs longest :yes:

SWINDON IS IN WILTSHIRE?

Thompson's antics after the final whistle is "Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace".

As such, he is no better than the hooligan thugs from any football club and if a complaint is made to Wiltshire Constabulary, they are obliged to investigate and take action (charging him) if it is considered warranted. Footballers are not above the law, even though many of them believe that while they are on the pitch, the law of the land does not apply to them.

Anyone who breaks the law deserves to pay the penalty. That includes me, my family, all Bristol City supporters, players, management and thus everyone who is in our country whether as resident or visitor.

And finally, this is not sour grapes because we lost a football match. I have been supporting City for 65 years so I am well used to that. Any team that beats us on merit will get the right acknowledgement, such as JET when he and Doncaster walloped us.

But cheats are universally detested.

SWINDON IS IN WILTSHIRE?

Thompson's antics after the final whistle is "Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace".

As such, he is no better than the hooligan thugs from any football club and if a complaint is made to Wiltshire Constabulary, they are obliged to investigate and take action (charging him) if it is considered warranted. Footballers are not above the law, even though many of them believe that while they are on the pitch, the law of the land does not apply to them.

Anyone who breaks the law deserves to pay the penalty. That includes me, my family, all Bristol City supporters, players, management and thus everyone who is in our country whether as resident or visitor.

And finally, this is not sour grapes because we lost a football match. I have been supporting City for 65 years so I am well used to that. Any team that beats us on merit will get the right acknowledgement, such as JET when he and Doncaster walloped us.

But cheats are universally detested.

Yes Swindon is in Wiltshire - have a "whoosh".

As a football fan, I would be very disappointed if Thompson faces any sort of charge.

Despite what you say, it still sounds like sour grapes. Would you have been happy if Super Scotty Murray has been charged following his Ayatollah at Tinnion Park?

Take it on the chin, move on.

Slightly embarrassing people making official complaints about this! Let's just move on, if anything the over the top celebrations just show what a small time bunch they are.

It's more embarrassing than what Thompson actually did.

Slightly embarrassing people making official complaints about this! Let's just move on, if anything the over the top celebrations just show what a small time bunch they are.

Police are now investigating it apparently

From the video at the end of the game I found it more than little bit bizarre, certainly bad/non classy winners indeed, I wouldn't say unsportsmanlike because that went out of the window very early on in this game, it was the sort of provocative end you'd get from a Roma v Lazio match, it was embarrassing TBH.

The only thing missing was one of their players grabbing a flag and running across the pitch and waving it in front of the away fans.

"@BBCWiltshire: NEWS: @wiltshirepolice to work with @Official_STFC to avoid future "unhelpful" players' celebrations in front of rival fans"

Code for 'had a word but actually cannot be buggered'.

Blimey. Lets just move on! One of our iconic images is Murray cupping his hand to the Cardiff fans.

Archived