IGNORED

Thompson : Disappointing Reaction At The End Of The Game

Langford Red

Yeah ? And all hell would have broken loose on our club IF some of our fans had done a "gappers"! One rule for one.....

I get that, but lets be honest, if the situation was reversed we would be loving it, because frankly it winds the other lot up so much. At the moment we just happen to be the other lot.

Some of the reactions are now not doing us any favours.

Preston.

I get that, but lets be honest, if the situation was reversed we would be loving it, because frankly it winds the other lot up so much. At the moment we just happen to be the other lot.

Some of the reactions are now not doing us any favours.

Preston.

if the situation was reversed I would hope that they would be told by our club that it is unacceptable behaviour and a repeat would not be tolerated, I am at a complete loss to understand why Thompson felt the need to celebrate in the way that he did directly in front of BCFC fans.

I find the excusing of his behaviour and the behaviour of Stephens in deliberately getting a fellow pro sent off is incredibly strange, IMO there is no place for it in football.

if the situation was reversed I would hope that they would be told by our club that it is unacceptable behaviour and a repeat would not be tolerated, I am at a complete loss to understand why Thompson felt the need to celebrate in the way that he did directly in front of BCFC fans.

I find the excusing of his behaviour and the behaviour of Stephens in deliberately getting a fellow pro sent off is incredibly strange, IMO there is no place for it in football.

Not exusing his over reaction at all. In my mind its better to just laugh at it all. Not excused Stephens at all.

I am a revenge is best served cold kind of guy. Our day will come. Just with Swindon it seems to take longer than most! The best part of the photo for me is the vast majoity of the City fans looking back at him in a rather bored kind of way. They would have loved it more if it showed loads of riled City fans.

Time to move past anger and denial in our grief, to acceptance and looking forward - in my view.

Some right precious little petals amongst our fans. We lost, get over it. Put your energy back into supporting the boys for the rest of the season. All this gurning smacks of sour grapes and being bad losers. Visiting fans reading some threads on here must be pissing themselves at the dummies being spat out. Show some maturity please.

Not exusing his over reaction at all. In my mind its better to just laugh at it all. Not excused Stephens at all.

I am a revenge is best served cold kind of guy. Our day will come. Just with Swindon it seems to take longer than most! The best part of the photo for me is the vast majoity of the City fans looking back at him in a rather bored kind of way. They would have loved it more if it showed loads of riled City fans.

Time to move past anger and denial in our grief, to acceptance and looking forward - in my view.

Not dealing with problems within the game, has led us to the mess the game is in these days, from top to bottom the sport lacks a moral compass, it's becoming a nasty game played by cowards who lack pride in what they do for a living.

Name another sport where deliberately setting out to get a fellow pro sent off is acceptable?.

Yes it was such a big win for Thompson and he no doubt was jubilant and for me it was an act of provocation from a despicable team cowards. But I just keep turning on its head

And see it as a massive compliment.

Not dealing with problems within the game, has led us to the mess the game is in these days, from top to bottom the sport lacks a moral compass, it's becoming a nasty game played by cowards who lack pride in what they do for a living.

Name another sport where deliberately setting out to get a fellow pro sent off is acceptable?.

It's games like this, and the incidents in it, that make me keep coming back. Yeah, it's shit that we lost to some no marks from a bus stop on the M4, but it will live long in the memory. Future generations of City fans will ask their dads why they hate Swindle so much and they'll tell them about this game.

Who can forget Scotty's ayatollah or GJ tripping over Chopra or the phantom goal against Palace?

I love the theatre of football, probably more than the sport if I'm honest. Fans winding up players, players winding up players, fans winding up fans and yes, players winding up fans. 

What other form of entertainment can get you out of your seat, ecstatic with joy or frothing at the mouth in anger?

Sadly, the best years of watching football are long gone, and the sanitisation of the game is steamrollering along. Reporting players for winding fans up is a slippery slope to take in my opinion.

Be careful what you wish for.

It's games like this, and the incidents in it, that make me keep coming back. Yeah, it's shit that we lost to some no marks from a bus stop on the M4, but it will live long in the memory. Future generations of City fans will ask their dads why they hate Swindle so much and they'll tell them about this game.

Who can forget Scotty's ayatollah or GJ tripping over Chopra or the phantom goal against Palace?

I love the theatre of football, probably more than the sport if I'm honest. Fans winding up players, players winding up players, fans winding up fans and yes, players winding up fans. 

What other form of entertainment can get you out of your seat, ecstatic with joy or frothing at the mouth in anger?

Sadly, the best years of watching football are long gone, and the sanitisation of the game is steamrollering along. Reporting players for winding fans up is a slippery slope to take in my opinion.

Be careful what you wish for.

Where does the cheating and deliberately setting out to get a fellow pro sent off, which occurs at pretty much every game these sit with sanitisation?.

I have no problem with the incidents that you describe or the winding up, that's always been in the game and long may it be so, do I think the Thompson incident is a police matter?, probably not, but it might have been a police matter had somebody frothing at the mouth chinned him, because then he would have claimed to have been a victim, what he did was silly and could have provoked an unwanted reaction.

This is a bit silly, revenge at ashton gate on Easter Monday is what we need, now anything we do at ashton gate will be complained about by Swindon fans, to the point we probably won't be able to celebrate walking through the tunnel. Best thing that can happen is this gets nowhere leaving us to do what we want when we beat there sorry ass!!

Where does the cheating and deliberately setting out to get a fellow pro sent off, which occurs at pretty much every game these sit with sanitisation?.

I have no problem with the incidents that you describe or the winding up, that's always been in the game and long may it be so, do I think the Thompson incident is a police matter?, probably not, but it might have been a police matter had somebody frothing at the mouth chinned him, because then he would have claimed to have been a victim, what he did was silly and could have provoked an unwanted reaction.

I often call players ******* for ninety minutes, why should I spit my dummy out if one wants to celebrate his team winning in front of me. If someone vaults the hoarding and plants one on him then he's the one that needs nicking. 

**** me some of you lot have lost the plot! You're talking about making police complaints! Jesus H Christ what has this world come to?

Listen, if you'd won 1-0 and Flint had done the same as Thompson, it would have wound me right up but I'd have also thought "fair play to the fella" - he's doing exactly what us fans do. We want our players to be more human and show more passion and that's exactly what Thompson has done.

You need to move on and enjoy the fact this has made the return fixture even more meaningful - you should be looking forward to that and planning your 'welcome' - not wasting police time.

Get a grip chaps

**** me some of you lot have lost the plot! You're talking about making police complaints! Jesus H Christ what has this world come to?

Listen, if you'd won 1-0 and Flint had done the same as Thompson, it would have wound me right up but I'd have also thought "fair play to the fella" - he's doing exactly what us fans do. We want our players to be more human and show more passion and that's exactly what Thompson has done.

You need to move on and enjoy the fact this has made the return fixture even more meaningful - you should be looking forward to that and planning your 'welcome' - not wasting police time.

Get a grip chaps

You can obviously write reading but struggle to read writing, I was referring to Stephens, Thompson was just a dick and the club should deal with that.

For Cods steak its getting almost as silly now as the act itself was stupid...

Anyway now that the b (whoops, almost said 'boys in blue' ;) ) the police have been brought into it I think it should be taken seriously and appropriate action should ensue.

Thompson should get some of his own thrown back at him, the police should indeed throw the book at him and hit him as hard as they can with it.

For years that bloke has annoyed the crap out of me, and I'm sure others too, having to sort out and deal with his unsolicited pointless rubbish.... So if I was a copper, on behalf of all the trees, harassed householders and excessively heavy recycling bags (what goes round comes around Thompson) I'd pick up and throw

the proverbial book at him - Who's not been annoyed year after year byThompsons bloody Directory appearing propped against their front door!

Take that Thompson - you're a disgrace and a bloody nuisance, - & shove it where the sun don't shine!

Sorted!!! (Fordy wos reckon?) :)

Get a grip chaps

Although I agree and I don't really have much problem with it, I would however point out that I have seen fans thrown out of games for over exuberant celebrations and goading the opposition fans. Players are booked for doing similar during the game.

The guy was a tit- there was no need for it. But I for one would like to forget about it until April when hostilities can be resumed on the field.

Archived