IGNORED

The Official Peterborough United V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

Greetings from hot but slightly less humid Manila where the traffic is as dense as fog and as slow as plankton on a becalmed ocean, the streets crammed with people, half of them rather beautiful, and where banking, internet and fast food outlets drive most people to a langourous distraction.

UnPosh v City conjures up a non-league club about to lock horns with a super big attractive city team overflowing with skill, craft and confidence and sitting atop the third tier... 

No point dwelling on what was an inevitable blip following the unjustified sending off of Mr. Wade Elliott. Crying into our caps and trilbies will achieve nothing other than to perpetuate this downturn in form. City need to come out all guns blazing tonight with a tighter than tight back line ready for when we are caught on the odd break for breath.

I have no interest in returning loanies causing us trouble. They can and will be contained and we will avoid defeat of that I am confident and almost certain. Whether we can conjure a win depends very much on how we set up and how, perhaps, Cotts uses his substitutes not least the second Smith.

Draw and, as i see it, we might drop to 2nd by tomorrow evening, lose and we could drop to 3rd. Losing does not bear thinking about frankly so the converse of that is a win so i am going for a narrow win to continue the misery of a club a lot of us, somewhat bizarrely, like to dislike.

1-2 or perhaps 2-3 .. Come onnnnnnnn. 

p.s. Klopp will take over from Wenger inside 4 years. You heard it here first. ;)

Edited by havanatopia

I was very confident about this one despite our 2 recent losses. Their form is woeful and their supporters clearly don't rate their team much at the moment.

BUT, their recent loan signings make things much harder to call now. On the one hand they are past their best now so may have little impact, but on the other hand they are returning "heroes" so could lift the whole club.

Narrow 1-2 win for us (I hope!)

Losing does not bear thinking about frankly so the converse of that is a win so i am going for a narrow win to continue the misery of a club a lot of us, somewhat bizarrely, like to dislike.

1) After a few pints , their home kit looks like a sag kit

2) Despite little resource and few fans- they have a nasty habit of success

3) Peterborough is a mare to get to

4) If you do get there - it's a dump

5) Barry Fry

6) Really annoying big money transfer success

7) Darren Ferguson

8) Darren Ferguson's designer suits

9) Darren Ferguson's pointy shoes

10) They're in our way

Nothing bizarre- what's not to dislike?

Big game for us... and very telling...the big question for me, is, are we good enough to win against teams in the top half, without Wade Elliot?

For me...he is the man who makes us tick.

Don't think you'll be the only Elliott watch-er to have clocked that, lots of us will 'second' that, let's not get too wound-up, it won't tock too long before he's back, thank God he's one of h-ours. We'll be ticking along nicely again in no time.

Hope we welcome him back with a big hand when he's next available for a 90minute stint at the Gate.

Edited by WhistleHappy

5) Barry Fry

7) Darren Ferguson

8) Darren Ferguson's designer suits

9) Darren Ferguson's pointy shoes

10) They're in our way

Nothing bizarre- what's not to dislike?

Really appreciate you outlining the reasons Rolls. :)

p.s. May i just add a word in the middle of item 8 though?... pseudo

and middle of item 9.. up his a--e

cheers, thanks for that.

Edited by havanatopia

Really appreciate you outlining the reasons Rolls. :)

p.s. May i just add a word in the middle of item 8 though?... pseudo

and middle of item 9.. up his a--e

cheers, thanks for that.

You're wrong about the suits H , i definately saw a "St Michael " label on the inside of Furgussetson's jacket.

A much bigger reason to hate them is their desire to cripple our players ( Cunningham was ian Duryed by them )

And their Chairman .

5) Barry Fry

7) Darren Ferguson

8) Darren Ferguson's hooky designer suits

9) Darren Ferguson's pointy shoes in the wrong place

10) They're in our way

11) Dirty fouling players

12) Darrah MacAnthony

Please feel to add further as I have already been somewhat remiss in mentioning all the reasons we dislike Peterborough

Don't think you'll be the only Elliott watch-er to have clocked that, lots of us will 'second' that, let's not get too wound-up, it won't tock too long before he's back, thank God he's one of h-ours. We'll be ticking along nicely again in no time.

Hope we welcome him back with a big hand when he's next available for a 90minute stint at the Gate.

Very timely thoughts WH :-)

Unfortunately I can't stop letting my head run away with me, and can't stop thinking about who will eventually fill his shoes...time is not exactly on his side...and if we were to win promotion, someone of his ilk, would be required, but even better...time will tell...but I'm really enjoying the way we are set up to play... I hope we continue in the same vein.

As for Posh... I really admire them...jealousy is such a horrible trait...shows what you can do, if you have good scouts looking at the lower leagues and a club that listens to them.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see Matt Smith replace pack , for our play to be a Lot of long balls. while wade Smith is out.

I think it could a short term solution and to be honest don't care if everyone watches us on sky and calls us a route one team as long as we win to stay top. We can't play pretty passing football all of the time.

MATCH WEATHER:-

Peterborough, United Kingdom.

1945 GMT

It WILL be dark, sunset was at 1553 GMT

Humidity 94%

Visibility: Moderate

Pressure 1009 mb

Wind: Easterly at 7 mph

Temperature 10 celsius

Weather: Overcast & Dry

Pollution: Low

UV: Level 1.

Score: 2-1 to City  :winner_third_h4h:

TFR

5) Barry Fry

7) Darren Ferguson

8) Darren Ferguson's hooky designer suits

9) Darren Ferguson's pointy shoes in the wrong place

10) They're in our way

11) Dirty fouling players

12) Darrah MacAnthony

13)Adrian Durham and his misguided comments

I'll go 1-1, but I've got a nasty, nasty feeling about this one

When I say nasty I'm thinking 4-0

Why did I get that same nasty feeling earlier as I was getting my now 'relatively lucky' socks out of the laundry?