IGNORED

The Official Peterborough United V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

"Look Bristol City are a good side. There's no question about that and we need to be on top of our game to beat them.

We had a good week, we made some signings the club was upbeat. We said before the game that the crowd would be with us and we didn't want it to go flat.

But look that went flat after about 5 mins because it became clear Bristol City were winning every second ball, every header every tackle.

It's hard enough but you give the top of the league side that kind of room and space and that's what happens, we're two down and they've set the pace.

I mean it's a result based business and 1 point in 18, doesn't matter what club you're at but that's not good enough.

I understand the fans questioning my position, if I was a fan i would say the same.

This is shocking and we're on a terrible run right now.

We just got to keep going."

Darren Ferguson on the radio summary

"Look Bristol City are a good side. There's no question about that and we need to be on top of our game to beat them.

We had a good week, we made some signings the club was upbeat. We said before the game that the crowd would be with us and we didn't want it to go flat.

But look that went flat after about 5 mins because it became clear Bristol City were winning every second ball, every header every tackle.

It's hard enough but you give the top of the league side that kind of room and space and that's what happens, we're two down and they've set the pace.

I mean it's a result based business and 1 point in 18, doesn't matter what club you're at but that's not good enough.

I understand the fans questioning my position, if I was a fan i would say the same.

This is shocking and we're on a terrible run right now.

We just got to keep going."

Darren Ferguson on the radio summary

As much of a dick as he is. That's pretty fair. Not a lot else he could have said really b

Ended with

"Did you get the formation wrong?"

"No. Not at all. We knew how they'd set out. It's no secret Bristol City play 3-5-2 but we had players that can win the game. We said we needed to get it away from their centre 3 and get it out to our wings to get them down the flanks where we thought they were a little weaker.

How many times we do that? Once? Twice? No more than that."

"Why was that?"

"You can't spread it out if you haven't got the ball. Their midfield won every 2nd ball. Look we could pick it apart.

The first goal is messy we haven't cleared it or dealt with it. The second is a free header and we've let the kid cross it which should never have happened and the third is just poor.

They were better than us though Steve let's be fair.

We made them look good but Steve's got a decent side there."

I dislike the guy but actually though he was alright on the radio tonight.

Maybe I am warming to him ....

Ended with

"Did you get the formation wrong?"

"No. Not at all. We knew how they'd set out. It's no secret Bristol City play 3-5-2 but we had players that can win the game. We said we needed to get it away from their centre 3 and get it out to our wings to get them down the flanks where we thought they were a little weaker.

How many times we do that? Once? Twice? No more than that."

"Why was that?"

"You can't spread it out if you haven't got the ball. Their midfield won every 2nd ball. Look we could pick it apart.

The first goal is messy we haven't cleared it or dealt with it. The second is a free header and we've let the kid cross it which should never have happened and the third is just poor.

They were better than us though Steve let's be fair.

We made them look good but Steve's got a decent side there."

I dislike the guy but actually though he was alright on the radio tonight.

Maybe I am warming to him ....

Don't disagree with a single word. You'd be fuming if that was your right-back letting him get the ball in from there.