IGNORED

The Best

Go Junior GO

The train journey to Manchester for the game with Man City (the game that confirmed our relegation from the top flight) was quite memorable!!

I recall being herded by Mr Plod onto buses waiting outside Manc Picadily then dropped off on a bit of common grass land before being marched through Coronation Streets to Maine Road...

One funny moment was when an Officer on his horse shouted "no singing" as we walked past little houses packed tightly into terraces... the response after a few seconds of silence was for everyone to start humming....

Huh?

I'm pretty sure I'm right......twas a long time ago though!

Yes OK, I'm a pedantic ****, but had to check...............

Spurs was our last game of the season, Man City was 2 games before. As we finished 4 points from safety we must have been down before the last game of the season.

I recall being herded by Mr Plod onto buses waiting outside Manc Picadily then dropped off on a bit of common grass land before being marched through Coronation Streets to Maine Road...

One funny moment was when an Officer on his horse shouted "no singing" as we walked past little houses packed tightly into terraces... the response after a few seconds of silence was for everyone to start humming....

Yeah, seemed like they dropped us off miles from the ground!

Best train journey, singing wise was a game away at Crewe several years ago.... ( 06-07) although Oldham away was a good one last year aswell as gillingham..

Non football related, everyday at the end of shift.... Definite thumbs up

Harder to decide all round due to working on the railway!

Surely the only good trains with anything to do with gillingham are the ones leaving there!

Who remembers the Dunkirk Special as it was named? In our final Division 1 days in the late 70s we had to go to somewhere on the South Coast, and we needed a win badly. Remember the journey vividly but who we played and how we got on escapes me. anyone know ?

Southampton away lost 5-2... ( mentioned earlier on this thread? )

Huh?

I'm pretty sure I'm right......twas a long time ago though!

It was the Man.City game that sealed our relegation, pretty certain about that.

The home match before was memorable for a pre recorded message from Gerry Gow being played over the tannoy appealing for as many City fans as possible to support the team at Maine Road.

Never heard similar before or since, it was the crunch game alright.

Archived