IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Afc Telford Match Day Thread.

Embarrassing?

We were at home, as leaders of league 1 vs a team bottom of the conference.

You could compare that with Chelsea at home to Yeovil and 'only' winning 1-0.

That's pretty embarrassing for Chelsea - especially if they only scored in the 92nd minute.

A win is a win, but an embarrassing win ...................

TFR

Embarrassing?

We were at home, as leaders of league 1 vs a team bottom of the conference.

You could compare that with Chelsea at home to Yeovil and 'only' winning 1-0.

That's pretty embarrassing for Chelsea - especially if they only scored in the 92nd minute.

A win is a win, but an embarrassing win ...................

TFR

Here we go... It's always hard to motivate yourself against smaller lower league teams, we've seen it against Wimbledon and Oxford.. I didn't go to the game but I bet overall it was a completely drab, dull affair with the ball just being passes left to right without going anywhere. Glad we won and hope we get a big team in the 3rd round

Here we go... It's always hard to motivate yourself against smaller lower league teams, we've seen it against Wimbledon and Oxford.. I didn't go to the game but I bet overall it was a completely drab, dull affair with the ball just being passes left to right without going anywhere. Glad we won and hope we get a big team in the 3rd round

It certainly wasn't a great game and I wouldn't call it drab - Frank Fielding being deserved man of the match gives you a clue the ball went somewhere and a bit too often.  How they didn't equalise right at the end I don't know, four Telford players behind our defence to meet a sweet cross and their player heads it straight to Fielding!

Edited by Drew Peacock

Managed to set up most of their chances too, by consistently losing the ball.

Today was the laziest, most lackadaisical performance I've ever seen from Jay. Let loose balls just go by him, zero movement off the ball, no anticipation, no tackles, consistently drifted out to a wide right position, duplicating where Waggy was covering . For all his goal threat he might as well have been sat in the Dolman.

I think his sum contribution was two good passes.

Cotterill obviously thought so too, which is why he was the first to go off

If he had gone off for a few 10 minute periods to have some cheese sandwiches and a cup of team, would anyone have noticed? I don't think so. There has been talk recently that he had improved his fitness levels. If this was the new super fit JET, how bad would he have been before?

It certainly wasn't a great game and I wouldn't call it drab - Frank Fielding being deserved man of the match gives you a clue the ball went somewhere and a bit too often.  How they didn't equalise right at the end I don't know, four Telford players behind our defence to meet a sweet cross and their player heads it straight to Fielding!

That's why they are at the bottom of the Conference instead of in League 1 or 2