IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t like either of them so a draw was fine by me.

Don’t recall seeing Steve Lennon before..........

He’s one of the replacements. Thought he held his own tbf 

Some great sportmanship and appreciation of check outs under pressure in the Price Aspinall semi final tonight, Price in particular (after the controversy with Anderson...), great comeback by the Welshman incl a 70 check out throwing a wayward 1 then treble 19 and double 6, only for Aspinall to check out 121 on the bull with Price sitting on 41 (after 2 180's), Price back to 9-10 throwing 70 to make it 10-10, only to hit wayward 1 again (after a collapsed flight), Aspinall taking out double 14 for a place in the final. Great game of darts.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Super said:

RVB has called it a day. His form has been shocking for a while now

An odd one this, on his twitter account this morning he has said he is now taking a short break to decide what he going to do

Sounds like he is not enjoying the game, but maybe realising he was bit hasty in his decision last night?

4 hours ago, phantom said:

An odd one this, on his twitter account this morning he has said he is now taking a short break to decide what he going to do

Sounds like he is not enjoying the game, but maybe realising he was bit hasty in his decision last night?

He's had moments like this previously, I remember a few years ago after getting knocked out of the world champs fairly early on they interviewed him after the match and he spoke about retirement then.

Couldn't help but feel sad for him last night,   he looks a shadow of the player he once was and a shame that he'll be bowing out with a whimper as his career has been much better than this - I'm sure he'll be remembered for the success he's had and not be remembered  for the last few games he played as a pro.

Personally I think he'll continue until the end of the year.

On 17/04/2019 at 19:07, phantom said:

Gerwyn Price has been fined £21k and has a suspended three month ban for the shenanigans last November 

He has said he will appeal 

It would help if he took defeat like a man and not stormed off the stage like a baby... 

7 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

I'm not sure mate, is going to storm off every time he loses? It's just  fu***** embarrassing... 

He needs to grow up or the PDC just sack him off. Given he played rugby before  I am now assuming he used to skulk off at full time and not clap off the opposition as well! 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Gerwyn Price being a bell end again tonight, he's going to be banned soon if he doesn't change his ways 

Just thought the same Phantom, seems to rub his opponents up the wrong way, all of the time... 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Gerwyn Price being a bell end again tonight, he's going to be banned soon if he doesn't change his ways 

I do wonder if he deliberately plays up to his ‘bad boy’ imagine. No other players behaves in such a disrespect way. 

Maybe the Sky darts director encourages  him to play up.............:cool2:

• Admin
2 hours ago, Corsham Ed said:

Still in shock of getting knocked out last night.

Completely random but I see the wwe are in the UK at the moment, at an event in Liverpool on Monday night one of the wrestlers put on a Manchester City shirt, apparently the place went bananas. Think they nearly underestimated that reaction 

The only way Price could have got a worse reaction was if he'd worn a Derby shirt 

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Thought I had seen a darts thread previously...

Anyone else go to the premier league final last night? Always a fantastic night out but I believe the O2 is far to big a venue to host it.

Went to the Ally Pally a few years ago and was so much better, even though it was only one of the earlier rounds.

Think the prem league needs to give it a rest for a year or so,It’s a bit boring now,watched the first couple of weeks and you pretty much knew the top 2 straight away and if ando had been playing the top 3

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Thought I had seen a darts thread previously...

Anyone else go to the premier league final last night? Always a fantastic night out but I believe the O2 is far to big a venue to host it.

Went to the Ally Pally a few years ago and was so much better, even though it was only one of the earlier rounds.

Agree. The atmosphere is flat. And no comparison v the Ally Pally

1 hour ago, Super said:

Have to admit struggling to get into darts at the moment without Gary Anderson. I actually dont think its been the same since Taylor retired.

Yeah, GA was sorely missed. No PT. Barney out of sorts.

As Sean O’Driscoll would’ve said, we’re in a transitional phase.

Archived