IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

Your tournament starts today doesn't it?! I think it will be Chuckie Norris' year....

I'm supporting big Robbo, for some reason ;-)

He looked pretty ragged in his 1st round victory though.

Nice to see some qualifiers go through. Potential stars of the future if they develop.

Big difference was a lack of check outs between 84 and 124

The big difference is that the PDC have Premier League players and the PDO players are Championship standard.

Occaisionaly one of them makes it after stepping up. Steve Bunting for example.

• Admin

The big difference is that the PDC have Premier League players and the PDO players are Championship standard.

I assume that you are referring to those on TV, as I wrote a long way back in this topic. Players in the PDC qualifying competitions have much better averages than those in the BDO TV tournaments - the list of talent in the PDC is much greater

I think someone pointed out earlier than the BDO have about 3 televised tournaments a year and that's half the problem. A fair few have stepped up from the BDO which suggests that perhaps its not the players that's the root of the problem.

I think someone pointed out earlier than the BDO have about 3 televised tournaments a year and that's half the problem. A fair few have stepped up from the BDO which suggests that perhaps its not the players that's the root of the problem.

Lack of televised BDO tournaments is a huge problem for any up and coming darts player imo.

Going back to 70s when I was playing the game to a very decent standard there was bugger all in terms of becoming a professional dart player but Sky have revolutionalized the game and if was still in my 20s I know where I'd be heading.

Lack of televised BDO tournaments is a huge problem for any up and coming darts player imo.

Going back to 70s when I was playing the game to a very decent standard there was bugger all in terms of becoming a professional dart player but Sky have revolutionalized the game and if was still in my 20s I know where I'd be heading.

But if you look at the top PDC players the vast majority all started within the BDO. The BDO produce tremendous talent. The players (quite rightly) join the PDC when they feel they are good enough due to more exposure and money etc.

The one thing the BDO do right is the grass roots stuff. Its so much easier to enter a BDO tournament as opposed to PDC, as they go right down to pub level nigh on. The PDC is almost like a posh boy's gentleman's club. Its very enclosed. Also the arrogance of the likes of Barry Hearn is embarrassing imo. He need's to grow up some.

But organizations have their advantages and disadvantages.

Archived