IGNORED

Channel 5 To Show Highlights At 9Pm

G Block

In the example you give there are 70 mins shown on Five and 80 on the BBC. However, there is probably well in excess of 15 minutes of "studio insight" on each episode of the Football League Show - if Five decide not to include this the amount of actual highlights may not be much different between as present.

As someone else said expect Colin Murray in one chair and it wouldn't surprise me to see Leroy in other one,

Having said that I don't watch the current version on the BBC and no doubt I won't watch this one.

Using the off button that comes on electrical appliances makes not watching things I detest very easy indeed

The article says it's to be a 90 minute programme starting at 9pm.  MOTD normally starts no earlier than 10:20. Assuming they review the leagues in order you'll miss highlights of crap games in League 2 at the very worst.

Now that your early season form seems to be faltering there's still an outside chance that City could be in League.2 next season so there could be a clash there.

It will be crap

Channel 5 has a history of crap

It is a crap channel and its broadcasting is crap

I can never recall viewing the channel without thinking "gosh, this is crap".

I tell everyone else in the room that it is crap

It is the Bristol Rovers of television channels, it is that crap

It makes ITV look not so crap

It is as crap as the clap

Like this poem, It is crap

It is crap

By WTFiGO!?! - 15 December 2014

So you don't think it will be very good then? :gasmask:

Is it crap then?

So you don't think it will be very good then? :gasmask:

It's heartening to see the power of perception and intelligent insight into complete an utter bollox is alive and well.

To dignify this post; I take the point about it doing a good job on the Cricket (although Sky obviously massacred it), there's been a sighting of another triumph or two but still I can't get past the channel being crap and so almost by default, the programme will be.

Stick to YouTube highlights ;)

Once CH5 get their hands on football they will start to build in peripheral programming to fill their schedules. Maybe they will will do a host of conspiracy theory shows along the lines of "Was Hitler getting orders from his dog?"

maybe

"Were there really gurt Sheedheads in the away end that day?"

or

"is the demise of Bristol Rovers all part of Lansdown plan?"

:}

I know one former poster from this site who'd be glued to those programmes!

It will be crap

Channel 5 has a history of crap

It is a crap channel and its broadcasting is crap

I can never recall viewing the channel without thinking "gosh, this is crap".

I tell everyone else in the room that it is crap

It is the Bristol Rovers of television channels, it is that crap

It makes ITV look not so crap

It is as crap as the clap

Like this poem, It is crap

It is crap

By WTFiGO!?! - 15 December 2014

Agree with all of the above.

And it won't be in HD for me either as I refuse to pay for $ky.

The Championship on itv was better than FLS even though it was interrupted  by ad breaks

Agree there.

I really liked itv's highlights. I preferred it on the Sunday morning too.

I hate the FLS. Feels cheap and nasty and on far to late.

Im happy with at least the timeslot if nothing else.

My fear is this channel 5 program will prove to be brilliant with fantastic BCFC coverage and we'll all love it.

In a couple of seasons just as we get used to our favourite program bloody Cott's will get us a second sodding promotion and we'll have to put up with flipping Lineker & co, and competing with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc for TV coverage.

Oh well, such is life I suppose. ;)

(no adverts though eh? )

My fear is this channel 5 program will prove to be brilliant with fantastic BCFC coverage and we'll all love it.

In a couple of seasons just as we get used to our favourite program bloody Cott's will get us a second sodding promotion and we'll have to put up with flipping Lineker & co, and competing with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc for TV coverage.

Oh well, such is life I suppose. ;)

(no adverts though eh? )

It can't be good as WTFiGO thinks it's crap

Archived