IGNORED

Baldock On Loan?

Go Junior GO

as good a player he was for us he's the past we need to be looking to the future,

that for me isn't loan players, its players who will do a job for us next season as well as this, it also can't upset the team spriit we have here (not saying baldock would)

Where has this hatred for JET come from?

The bloke scored over 20 goals last year with 20 assists?

there is no mention of hatred for jet until you brought it up, your seeing somthing thats not there,

letting him go is sensable he is out of contract in 6 months and not playing if an offer came it it would be considered,

The title is Baldock On Loan, can the mods filter out this rubbish please?

To be fair, there is a clear link between a new striker (e.g. Baldock) coming in and the question of whether or not we should let JET go.

This in turn raises a series of related questions, starting with

- why was it that JET scored most of his goals under SO'D?

- was this because SO'D was an unappreciated genius who had just turned things around when he was sacked and all SC is doing is reaping the rewards of SO'D's careful preparations?

- why was the football under SO'D so enjoyable to watch?

- was SO'D therefore sacked too early?

- when is the right time to sack a manager?

- whether GJ was sacked too early or too late?

- whether GJ was actually a great manager or just got lucky for a year?

- what really happened between GJ and Robbored?

- whether GJ was right to continue picking LJ?

- whether LJ is responsible for IS, Ebola, Ukraine and everything else that is wrong with the world?

- and whether we were right to sign Tony Rougier as well as Anthony Rougier?

Let debate commence  :shifty:

Said before, never massively rated Baldock and not surprised he's struggling.

This time last year people were saying they'd willingly drive him to another club after he missed a hatful of 1 on 1's.

So it's a no thanks from me.

You never rated League One's top scorer? Odd.

Baldock did a great job and I'd happily give him a warm reception back at AG with another club. But he made his choice to pursue his ambition at a higher level and I don't think we should have him back just because its not worked out so far for him at Brighton.

Rather loan in Maynard from Cardiff. My source (Kachina, also uses the forum) reckons we've got a shout.

This is more like it. If he came, (a big if) he should easily do well at this level, and benefit from playing with Wilbraham.

I'd happily have him back on loan & think he'd be happy to come back to get some game time & form back but also think we should persue other players for the future firstly as we wouldn't be getting him back full time, roll on the transfer window as really want to see who we're going add for our promotion push so we can stay in the top 2 spots. COYR!!!

Just a comment about matt smith, but I understand the reason that he was loaned here was because he lacked fitness, surely a player lacking fitness will struggle in his first couple of games, which from what I've heard he has. Now does anyone else recall last February when a certain wade elliott signed on loan and had 2-3 very poor performances in his first few games, yet by the end of the season it was unanimous on here that signing him permanently would be a good move? Im not suggesting that matt smith will be anywhere near as influential as elliott was, but let's not write him off yet

Just a comment about matt smith, but I understand the reason that he was loaned here was because he lacked fitness, surely a player lacking fitness will struggle in his first couple of games, which from what I've heard he has. Now does anyone else recall last February when a certain wade elliott signed on loan and had 2-3 very poor performances in his first few games, yet by the end of the season it was unanimous on here that signing him permanently would be a good move? Im not suggesting that matt smith will be anywhere near as influential as elliott was, but let's not write him off yet

A good point, well made.

JET is a luxury this club cant afford..would rather have Baldock instead of JET, not sure about Maynard.

We need a striker badly...how we do it is up to Cotts....loanee or signing I dunno, Baldock would do the job in the short term.

JET is a luxury this club cant afford..would rather have Baldock instead of JET, not sure about Maynard.

We need a striker badly...how we do it is up to Cotts....loanee or signing I dunno, Baldock would do the job in the short term.

Thing is Bucks, bringing in another striker in January could well be on Cotterills shopping list but unless the midfield rediscovers it's creativity said striker would struggle.

Not even Thierry Henry could score goals without good service.

Thing is Bucks, bringing in another striker in January could well be on Cotterills shopping list but unless the midfield rediscovers it's creativity said striker would struggle.

Not even Thierry Henry could score goals without good service.

Not sure about that, the midfield is creative. We are going through a lean spell with goals at the moment. It happens to most teams.

For the record Henry could create out of nothing so disagree with you there too!

Archived