IGNORED

Baldock On Loan?

Go Junior GO

I do understand the don't go back thoughts, but think of Scott Murray and Carey before you totally dismiss. Sometimes it's better the devil you know? Also regarding Baldock it's not like Cotterill hasn't worked with him. All pie in the sky though really.

So can JET

JET has scored one goal in open play during the roughly 530 minutes of first team football he's played this season.

He scored freely when we set up the entire team to accommodate the way he played, but unfortunately that meant no-one else scored much and we lost more than we won.

I have to agree with the moniker "a luxury player" who we can't afford.

JET has scored one goal in open play during the roughly 530 minutes of first team football he's played this season.

He scored freely when we set up the entire team to accommodate the way he played, but unfortunately that meant no-one else scored much and we lost more than we won.

I have to agree with the moniker "a luxury player" who we can't afford.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Baldock score about 25 goals last season with JET in the side?

So 'nobody else scoring' is not quite right is it?

Well correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Baldock score about 25 goals last season with JET in the side?

So 'nobody else scoring' is not quite right is it?

JET scored most of his at the start of the season, Baldock's strike rate massively stepped up after Cotterill was appointed, at which point JET's goals started to dry up.

You've heard of a Tale Of Two Cities? Last season, was a Tale Of Two Managers - and both had radically different ideas on how the team should play

JET scored most of his at the start of the season, Baldock's strike rate massively stepped up after Cotterill was appointed, at which point JET's goals started to dry up.

You've heard of a Tale Of Two Cities? Last season, was a Tale Of Two Managers - and both had radically different ideas on how the team should play

Baldock should have scored a shed load more than he did,

Anyway I will leave it to the manager to sort this blip and in sure he will, for me (and I appreciate it appears I'm in the minority) I would rather watch us with Jet playing rather than a player like Matt Smith when we need something out of nothing.

Also lost 3 out of 5 in the league, SC needs to utilise his squad.

3 out of 21

The JET love in is getting old. He had an incredibly good half a season for us but the fact is that he's been a shadow of the player he was under SOD and other than a good half against a L2 side has shown very little during his cameo appearances to suggest SC has been foolish to overlook him. We can only presume that if he was tearing up trees on the training ground he'd be getting more game time.

I don't pretend to know what's up with him but clearly he's not in Cotterill's good books. He was the most naturally talented player at Ipswich and they happily sent him on his way to League One (to get Paul Anderson of all people) and he's the most naturally talented player here and can't get a start.

There's a reason for that. I'd love to know what that is and I don't pretend that I do, but clearly something is holding him back.

And also to say that it's 'utter rubbish' that we've been a better TEAM this year than we were last season when JET was a regular starter is, in itself, utter rubbish.

3 out of 21

The JET love in is getting old. He had an incredibly good half a season for us but the fact is that he's been a shadow of the player he was under SOD and other than a good half against a L2 side has shown very little during his cameo appearances to suggest SC has been foolish to overlook him. We can only presume that if he was tearing up trees on the training ground he'd be getting more game time.

I don't pretend to know what's up with him but clearly he's not in Cotterill's good books. He was the most naturally talented player at Ipswich and they happily sent him on his way to League One (to get Paul Anderson of all people) and he's the most naturally talented player here and can't get a start.

There's a reason for that. I'd love to know what that is and I don't pretend that I do, but clearly something is holding him back.

And also to say that it's 'utter rubbish' that we've been a better TEAM this year than we were last season when JET was a regular starter is, in itself, utter rubbish.

its a completely different side this year, for all you know we could have been even better this season had JET played from the start, you don't know and neither do I.

We should be where we are, what other side could have done the business we did in the summer?

Baldock should have scored a shed load more than he did,

Anyway I will leave it to the manager to sort this blip and in sure he will, for me (and I appreciate it appears I'm in the minority) I would rather watch us with Jet playing rather than a player like Matt Smith when we need something out of nothing.

Did you watch the Oxford and Telford games? You'd have seen plenty of JET then to convince you that he's not the Messiah. 

The guy has oodles of talent, but his languid and - let's face it - out-of-position style, does not suit a Cotterill team. I think he should go in January to free up wages.

As for Baldock, he was league one's top scorer. How many do you think he "should" have scored in one season? 30? 40?

its a completely different side this year, for all you know we could have been even better this season had JET played from the start, you don't know and neither do I.

We should be where we are, what other side could have done the business we did in the summer?

Well yeah we could but ultimately you have to trust the manager...what other choice do we have?!

I'm certainly not going to criticise the manager for not playing one particular individual when we're top of the league after half a season.

There's clearly more to the situation than meets the eye as there's been times in games when we've been crying out for the JET that can make something from nothing but instead we've got a Wagstaff or a Burns or a Pack.

Cotts clearly likes a grafter and thinks that the sum of the team is more important than any one's individual brilliance. On the face of the results over half a season it's hard to argue with it even after a bad day at the office.

Did you watch the Oxford and Telford games? You'd have seen plenty of JET then to convince you that he's not the Messiah.

The guy has oodles of talent, but his languid and - let's face it - out-of-position style, does not suit a Cotterill team. I think he should go in January to free up wages.

As for Baldock, he was league one's top scorer. How many do you think he "should" have scored in one season? 30? 40?

Baldock himself said he should have had more - I assume you watched the same games as I did last season so it can't really be up for debate.

The 'Baldock should have scored 50' brigade always made me smile.

I even posted stats last season proving he was only marginally less clinical than Suarez and Sturridge and still the resident experts on the board kept telling me how he should have scored 9/10 one on ones.

Well yeah we could but ultimately you have to trust the manager...what other choice do we have?!

I'm certainly not going to criticise the manager for not playing one particular individual when we're top of the league after half a season.

There's clearly more to the situation than meets the eye as there's been times in games when we've been crying out for the JET that can make something from nothing but instead we've got a Wagstaff or a Burns or a Pack.

Cotts clearly likes a grafter and thinks that the sum of the team is more important than any one's individual brilliance. On the face of the results over half a season it's hard to argue with it even after a bad day at the office.

Fair points.

30+ at least on the number of golden chances he squandered. They weren't just the fabled 'one on one's' either, there were open goals amongst them.

He said he was embarrassed at the riches of good opportunities presented to him, never in his career had he had so many, or missed so many.

At his worst, i.e. a full third of last season, his finishing was so wayward he'd have been fortunate to get an offer from a 4th division club, let alone a Championship side.

Cotts. coming in, and an astute positional change moving him out wider and out of the firing line, restored his confidence and saved his season. Cotts. was basically responsible for City getting the fee they did.

In the end SB achieved a very meritorious goals total, but over the season he was spasmodic in the extreme, and it should have been alot more.

Confidence is the key and he has shown his can plummet disastrously to the extent he hardly appears a professional striker at all which means he will never be consistently picked over a season at a high level.

As for Jet, like any other player he requires a run of games to show his real worth. When he was a regular in the City team we saw exactly what he was capable of - goals and assists aplenty. It's hardly fair to expect the same level of performance or impact from a non match fit player only getting the odd 5 minutes and occasional Cup games.

30+ at least on the number of golden chances he squandered. They weren't just the fabled 'one on one's' either, there were open goals amongst them.

He said he was embarrassed at the riches of good opportunities presented to him, never in his career had he had so many, or missed so many.

At his worst, i.e. a full third of last season, his finishing was so wayward he'd have been fortunate to get an offer from a 4th division club, let alone a Championship side.

Cotts. coming in, and an astute positional change moving him out wider and out of the firing line, restored his confidence and saved his season. Cotts. was basically responsible for City getting the fee they did.

In the end SB achieved a very meritorious goals total, but over the season he was spasmodic in the extreme, and it should have been alot more.

Confidence is the key and he has shown his can plummet disastrously to the extent he hardly appears a professional striker at all which means he will never be consistently picked over a season at a high level.

As for Jet, like any other player he requires a run of games to show his real worth. When he was a regular in the City team we saw exactly what he was capable of - goals and assists aplenty. It's hardly fair to expect the same level of performance or impact from a non match fit player only getting the odd 5 minutes and occasional Cup games.

JET has not really scored consistently this entire year, Noggers. He has been handed loads of chances to impress, but not really taken them. 

Re: Baldock. As I put on another thread. If you get yourself into dangerous positions more often than other players, more chances will fall to you, and - by dint of the law of averages - you'll miss more shots. Of course Sam would want to convert more - any player would - but we cannot be unhappy with how many he scored.

JET has not really scored consistently this entire year, Noggers. He has been handed loads of chances to impress, but not really taken them. 

Re: Baldock. As I put on another thread. If you get yourself into dangerous positions more often than other players, more chances will fall to you, and - by dint of the law of averages - you'll miss more shots. Of course Sam would want to convert more - any player would - but we cannot be unhappy with how many he scored.

Robbo, I think we can be happy that SB himself was as publicly bewildered as the fans that he missed so many chances.

We got a good season goals wise out of SB in the end - penalties included - but there's actually no excuse apart from being a very inconsistent finisher to miss so many golden chances.

I really believe he should have had 35 last season on the chances presented to him and that's even allowing for missing a good number. In 44 years watching City I can't remember a striker being presented with so many scorable chances over a single season. 

Getting into dangerous positions regularly, though laudible, is only really worthwhile if you can make the most of them when the ball is played to you. When you miss so many it's becoming embarrassing all round then even the awards for reaching 25 can be tinged with regret about what might, even should, have been.

However the headline figure did get him the move he wanted, and a reasonable bit of cash for us.

I wouldn't want him back at AG having seen him at his worst, you never know when he's going to plummet to those depths again. He's certainly not pulled up any trees at B&HA.

As for Jet, I think the argument is over. Cotts. has evidently decided he doesn't need him in his team so whatever we think of him individually won't change the fact he's not going to feature regularly again. When we get so few opportunities to view players of Jet's undoubted class at this level that's got to be a huge shame. If I was Cotts. I'd still have used him much more as a sub. while we have him even if I'd ruled him out in my own mind as a starter.

Archived