IGNORED

The Official Crewe Alexandra V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

Having seen it only on telly, I must say Williams' challenge looked tremendously foolish; late, wild and going to ground far too high up the pitch. Can understand SC's frustration with him.

Will be interesting to see how we rearrange around his absence; Osborne must be raring to get into the side, and though I'd suggest he's not as confident taking the ball out of the back, I do rate his defensive abilities, so will be keen to see how it impacts our approach.

I know you have a really high opinion of yourself, but to actually bet against your own side is an absolute disgrace and you should be ashamed.

( I know i'm blocked by him but wanted to get it off my chest !! )

I believe Aizoon bet on Crewe as a sort of curse on them .This evidently backfired and his small consolation will be the Judas money which will not make his whiskey taste any better .

Sorry if it came over as a dig Aaron, a rushed reply in a hectic match thread.

My opinion of Williams is he has been a notable weak link on many occasions this season. Poor positioning,  consistently poor passing, wild long shots when he should be playing the ball to someone who actually can shoot etc. He's well supported on this forum with (to me, surprisingly high) match ratings etc. but I find the opinion of fans around me in the ground is far less favourable.

I'm not saying he doesn't have some good points, or won't become a real asset in the future as he matures, but to me he's actually regressed this season, to the extent that I'll be surprised if a left sided defender isn't on Cotts. list of signings for January.

I do agree, but LCB's is a specialized position, It's very hard to find a left sided player comfortable playing in a back 3

I believe Aizoon bet on Crewe as a sort of curse on them .This evidently backfired and his small consolation will be the Judas money which will not make his whiskey taste any better .

Yes - he said it might put the old kibosh on them.

I'm really not sure how a bet against your own team is such a crime- I don't gamble but if I did and there were good odds then why not? BCFC have a long history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so yesterday was for me ( after reading posts such as " nailed on win" 3-0, 4-0 etc) always gonna be a suspect fixture.

I'm sure Aizoon would have been happier to lose the money but in this instance it just makes him a wily old fox hedgehog.

I know it caused all sorts of comment last time it was mentioned , but Maynard will be told to find a new club in January. he is only 27 and has to get himself back on form. Out of contract in the summer, ut he lives close by, and a loan until seasons end would not be the worst thing to do (We are in L1). I also note the Baldock comments, and feel unlikely he will go anywhere, but now he is clearly out of the picture, and did do pre season with the squad. Stranger things have happened. Seems we need more of a target man too, to help Wilbs (Smith no way) 

Can you just imagine the irony of both Kachina and Maynard making a comeback within weeks of each other?

OTIB would go into melt-down.Again.

Can you just imagine the irony of both Kachina and Maynard making a comeback within weeks of each other?

OTIB would go into melt-down.Again.

It's nice to know that in the festive spirit that everyone has forgiven that "cretinous pillock who should have his testicles nailed to a plank and left out in the desert to suffer the most horrendous agonies known to mankind " like i have.

Only jesting Kachina ,you carry on mate .Happy Christmas to you and your ,cough ,contacts !

It's nice to know that in the festive spirit that everyone has forgiven that "cretinous pillock who should have his testicles nailed to a plank and left out in the desert to suffer the most horrendous agonies known to mankind " like i have.

Only jesting Kachina ,you carry on mate .Happy Christmas to you and your ,cough ,contacts !

Ha

It would appear that your levels of punishment would fit in with those in BC in Jerusalem, perhaps your should live in America :laugh:.

I for one would be delighted to see Nicky back here.

Someone asked for a stat about those top at Xmas, well normally those who push on and strengthen go up, those who don't choke, end up in the playoffs and miss out and strangely end up relegation fodder the next season.

Ha

It would appear that your levels of punishment would fit in with those in BC in Jerusalem, perhaps your should live in America :laugh:.

I for one would be delighted to see Nicky back here.

Someone asked for a stat about those top at Xmas, well normally those who push on and strengthen go up, those who don't choke, end up in the playoffs and miss out and strangely end up relegation fodder the next season.

Bristol City have a branch in Jerusalem? You always know somefink we don't...

"I for one would be delighted to see Nicky back here."  Maybe if you say enough times it'll make it happen?

Hang on.......

Yes - he said it might put the old kibosh on them.

I'm really not sure how a bet against your own team is such a crime- I don't gamble but if I did and there were good odds then why not? BCFC have a long history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so yesterday was for me ( after reading posts such as " nailed on win" 3-0, 4-0 etc) always gonna be a suspect fixture.

I'm sure Aizoon would have been happier to lose the money but in this instance it just makes him a wily old fox hedgehog.

Yes, it backfired, I'm afraid. By the way I don't drink whiskey except for the occasional Jaimesons in backward pubs that don't have any single malt Scotch.

Like the wily old hedgehog bit, though.

Wow.. Been out of reach.. I did not see that result coming but there are nearly always one or two banana skins for a team at the top during an average campaign. I listened to much of the first half and seems we missed a couple of sitters.. as i shut down for the night It did cross my mind that we may rue those chances and so it came to pass. Seems we need to bolster our front line.. plenty of evidence of that in recent weeks of course and its a pity Smith is so far not exactly setting the world alight. We got unlucky with the loss perhaps and lucky others slipped up and we will be top at Christmas. I fully expect us to bounce back on the 26th. Merry Christmas everyone. :)

The ref was not going to give us anything yesterday, but in these situations we have just got to get on with it. I am sure that if our players hadn't been complaining so much to the Ref not sending off their guy who deliberately handballed it while on a yellow, but had focused on the game, we wouldn't have conceded the goal.

Agreed, and me and the rest of our group said as much during the game. The ref was inept, but we didn't deal with it very well. Far too much time spent arguing with him when it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't going to give us anything.

We're going to get refs like that occasionally, as every team does, and we've got to cope better with it.

I'm really not sure how a bet against your own team is such a crime- I don't gamble but if I did and there were good odds then why not? .

It's not a crime, I fail to understand why people get so righteous about it. When gambling you need to separate the 'what you WANT to happen' from the 'what you THINK will happen'. I often include Rovers to win in my accumulators, doesn't mean I actually WANT them to win....just that I THINK they will.

You cant win every game. Cotts said we dominated even with 10 men. Shit happens. We are top of the table and we will beat Yeovil. Always believe. Coyr

Yes we did beat Yeovil; meanwhile:- Crewe won again today. Perhaps we played them just as they turned a corner in their performance.

I am sure I have read in threads about people doing it quite often.  Not sure why it is suddenly an issue.

If its an issue ........it shouldn't be!!  Punting is based on studying form..and what better place to study form,  than the team you watch week in, week out.  You would have to be a misguided jingoist?!?..not to take advantage.   I made a lot of money last season on Citys opponents prior to SC's appointment..and I have done well backing  City this season, especially when they dumped Peterboro 3-0 a few weeks ago. I know which one I prefer to do, but being a realist and a season ticket holder and supporter for many years..I can't see whats wrong with making a few quid to compensate for some of the dross I have had to endure at times over the years.......fortunately right now we are able to watch some of the best football of recent times.......but I have seen some VERY poor and inconsistent City teams over the years.

Edited by maxjak