IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Notts County Match Day Thread.

To those who braved the inclement weather this past week to take and upload new photos of the South Stand I would like to show my appreciation; for anyone not able to do so especially those overseas it is always one of the first pages I take a look at. Please keep those image updates coming.

Whether it was 1862 or 1865 or perhaps another date we welcome the oldest league club to Ashton Gate this weekend. Without sounding too mean spirited Notts County have had a fairly average season of results so far and from what I have seen and read they may fall short of the play offs come May; They have been a team that is not so much inconsistent but predictable in their yoyo sort of existence in this league.. I know that sounds a bit like an oxymoron and actually it is but hopefully if you look at their results and the fact they are well known for it you will understand why i said it.

Last season a late penalty from JET, again coming off the bench, secured a comeback for City after Wilbraham had equalised earlier in the game. 1-2 was the result at Meadow Lane back in late August.

At 5pm we should have 3 points in the bag should we not? Play our usual game, do what we have been doing for 90% of the season so far, and with hard work on the pitch and great support off it going back to the top should be ours to celebrate later today. :)

3-1 seems like a fairly typical prediction by many, me included, but it has not happened that many times this season, only three in fact. But I will go with that today. Will either of our two injured strikers be available? I see JET and Smith starting regardless and can only see more goals from the latter, one from JET and one from Flint.

UTC

Oh and not forgetting 'Je suis Charlie'.

1003-1011.png

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

JET pen was this season....apart from that i agree with all you say... i had 3-1 at Gills the other week and will go with again...with a 3-0 & 4-1 cover.

.got a feeling we are going into a free scoring period over next few games...the the other teams have had their little spells (incl Notts)..now its our turn...

Weird.. my brain was saying last match and out popped last season! Thanks for that. Too late to correct now though.

'Our turn' I like those two words Fods. :)

Not since 13 September have we won a league home game by more than one.

Expect the same today, although can always hope!

Ouch. Keeps those kind of stats to yourself please!

Which will fly better in the wind - the Robins or the magpies?

I see a fair bit of turbulence, but a safe landing and a 4-0 win.

Edited by Manon