IGNORED

Oldham Away, Good Friday

City_USA

I know that this match is a few months away but I'm trying to buy our train tickets . The limited info I have gathered is that the cheapest time to purchase tickets is 12 weeks in advance, which is now. I would like for us to travel up with some fellow Reds so my American mate can experience what an away day is all about. What train will people be taking and what can we expect to pay for a ticket? Any helpful info would be appreciated and I'm hoping that I will be able to put some faces to OTIB posters that I've corresponded with in the past. Please help me to make this a day to remember for our new American fan, thanks in advance.

Most likely be on the 8:00 to Manchester picadilly... Direct service mate, and then the metro ( if that's what they call it nowadays?) over to Oldham town centre as they don't have a train station .... Make sure to get him a few thatchers Golds and then take him in the spoons at the bottom of the incline ( right side) at picadilly !

Hope you all have a good one !

Most likely be on the 8:00 to Manchester picadilly... Direct service mate, and then the metro ( if that's what they call it nowadays?) over to Oldham town centre as they don't have a train station .... Make sure to get him a few thatchers Golds and then take him in the spoons at the bottom of the incline ( right side) at picadilly !

Hope you all have a good one !

Would that be on the first great western railway? (Not sure what other options there are) And I'm assuming your referring to the Weatherspoons pub?

Make sure if you plan on walking from the metro to the ground you leave enough time as It's a good 20-30 minute walk. There are buses from near Piccadilly station on lever street which go to right by the ground although it will take 40 minutes or so from Manchester.

If drinking in Manchester, piccadilly station is right next to the northern quarter where there is a good selection of pubs/bars with a decent selection of ales/ciders as long as you pick the right ones.

Make sure if you plan on walking from the metro to the ground you leave enough time as It's a good 20-30 minute walk. There are buses from near Piccadilly station on lever street which go to right by the ground although it will take 40 minutes or so from Manchester.

If drinking in Manchester, piccadilly station is right next to the northern quarter where there is a good selection of pubs/bars with a decent selection of ales/ciders as long as you pick the right ones.

Thx for the info, are the pubs strict on wearing "colours" if so how would be the best way to co-ordinate meeting up with fellow Reds? Other than on here of course.

Thx for the info, are the pubs strict on wearing "colours" if so how would be the best way to co-ordinate meeting up with fellow Reds? Other than on here of course.

Some pubs allow them... Some don't. Got to be honest I don't wear colours so I'm not sure, I just remember seeing the odd sign saying "no football tops, no hoodies etc".

Your best bet is this lot on here. Those who get the CATS will probably be drinking in Oldham as that's where they will drop them off. Those who get the train may hang around Manchester for a bit. There is a few of us based in the north west who will probably meet in the northern quarter like last year.

...its all secret handshakes and rolled-up trouser legs nowadays! ...its not what you know its who you know, ...

For an authentic experience try travelling from Bristol via CATS Coach One, it don't get realer than that by all accounts. -If you dare!

Morning all, thanks for all the advice/info. I haven't been ignoring you all the past few hours but I've had that pesky 7 hour time difference to deal with ! I appreciate all of your input and hope that we will be able to raise a glass or two of the good stuff (the cider over here is very sweet, as everything is in the US) and celebrate another win on our way to promotion.

Archived