IGNORED

Atyeo Rail Seats

beaverface

Got chatting last night about the rail seats in Atyeo A block.

Seeing as theyre there, why dont the club take a chance and sell them as seating and see what the authorities do?

Surely the people who issue safety certificates would then have to visit the stadium and justify why theyre not a seat?

Whats the worst that could happen? Maybe a slap on the wrist or a strongly worded letter asking us to stop selling those seats?

I just think its an opportunity for us to force the issue (especially with the general election coming up) and the fact that we need every spare ticket going.

Bit too risky. Safety officer/ police could refuse to let fans sit there on match day which would result in a couple hundred very angry supporters who had bought tickets in that area.

For initial usage you could reserve a couple of dozen "normal" seats in case of the police getting anxious.

I just feel everything is in place, in terms of rail seating, and its only perceived regulation holding us back now.

For initial usage you could reserve a couple of dozen "normal" seats in case of the police getting anxious.

I just feel everything is in place, in terms of rail seating, and its only perceived regulation holding us back now.

That section is actually part of A block Atyeo which is obviously away fans. Any rail seat users would be using the same facilities and entrance/exits as the oppo fans so a non starter unfortunately.

• SC&T Board Members

It's actually more than that. To use them, even as seats, the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport has to rule that rail seats are "seated accommodation", which is what all-seater grounds are required by law to provide for all spectators. He won't even consider that until a club formally applies to use them. No club has done that yet.

It's actually more than that. To use them, even as seats, the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport has to rule that rail seats are "seated accommodation", which is what all-seater grounds are required by law to provide for all spectators. He won't even consider that until a club formally applies to use them. No club has done that yet.

Why have we not applied, sorry?

Archived