IGNORED

The Official S****horpe United V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

More to follow. ;)

Anchor butter, interestingly, is virtually twice the price of Presidente butter here in the Philippines. I do buy into the fact that the former does have a superior flavour, is less greasy and is manufactured, as far as I know, only in New Zealand. That said i suspect it is made under licence all over the world. The point being at 140 pesos for one of those blocks compared to around 70 for Presidente which, as far as I know, is only made in France.. etc etc.. is a bit over-priced even if it is widely considered the better product. 

Anchor was the name of the huge steelworks in S****horpe. To suggest it 'made' the town would not be far from the truth considering that back in the 1870's it was a mere hamlet of a few hundred people. The steel town outgrew all of the other little places once steel came and it never looked back. Going back to around 8,000 years ago North Lincolnshire and its limestone hills were still connected to the continent which might explain the sort of heavy set faces of the modern day yocal; a lot of migration, at that time and after the water enveloped the North Sea escarpments and valleys, suggests the area was rich in diversity and quite, dare we suggest, cosmopolitan. 

The Iron commenced football activities in 1899 but it should be noted that the team amalgamated with Lindsey and were called S****horpe & Lindsey United right up until the 1950's a few years after they won their application for league status. Lindsey being one of the local villages that was swallowed by the much faster growing steel town. Back then they played at the Old Show Ground.. i remember fondly a visit to that old tin pot ground many moons ago. 

When the City band wagon drops anchor into Glandford Park today they may spare a moment for how that most venerable of metals can galvanise a team, under fairly new tutelage, to a shock victory. And let us not be shrinking violets here; it would be a shock win. City must put a halt to their recent resurgence and the only way to do that is to come out of the starting blocks in the way we know best.. slow, fast, medium speed, fast fast, slow.. just to confuse the opposition!

I feel all pumped up now and think i will change my prediction over on the 'reserved for havanatopia thread' (thanks to Whistle) from 2-2 to 0-2.

Smith and JET.. who else frankly. shhhhhhhh.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 2

More to follow. ;)

Anchor butter, interestingly, is virtually twice the price of Presidente butter here in the Philippines. I do buy into the fact that the former does have a superior flavour, is less greasy and is manufactured, as far as I know, only in New Zealand. That said i suspect it is made under licence all over the world. The point being at 140 pesos for one of those blocks compared to around 70 for Presidente which, as far as I know, is only made in France.. etc etc.. is a bit over-priced even if it is widely considered the better product. 

Anchor was the name of the huge steelworks in S****horpe. To suggest it 'made' the town would not be far from the truth considering that back in the 1870's it was a mere hamlet of a few hundred people. The steel town outgrew all of the other little places once steel came and it never looked back. Going back to around 8,000 years ago North Lincolnshire and its limestone hills were still connected to the continent which might explain the sort of heavy set faces of the modern day yocal; a lot of migration, at that time and after the water enveloped the North Sea escarpments and valleys, suggests the area was rich in diversity and quite, dare we suggest, cosmopolitan. 

The Iron commenced football activities in 1899 but it should be noted that the team amalgamated with Lindsey and were called S****horpe & Lindsey United right up until the 1950's a few years after they won their application for league status. Lindsey being one of the local villages that was swallowed by the much faster growing steel town. Back then they played at the Old Show Ground.. i remember fondly a visit to that old tin pot ground many moons ago. 

When the City band wagon drops anchor into Glandford Park today they may spare a moment for how that most venerable of metals can galvanise a team, under fairly new tutelage, to a shock victory. And let us not be shrinking violets here; it would be a shock win. City must put a halt to their recent resurgence and the only way to do that is to come out of the starting blocks in the way we know best.. slow, fast, medium speed, fast fast, slow.. just to confuse the opposition!

I feel all pumped up now and think i will change my prediction over on the 'reserved for havanatopia thread' (thanks to Whistle) from 2-2 to 0-2.

Hi, just to let you know that the reason that Presidente is only 70 pesos is that it's margarine not butter. Elle & Vire much better than Anchor.

Easy 0-3 victory today for the City.

More to follow. ;)

beware of snide anchor butter made in sweatshops all across China containing the milk of many animals but especially the mongoose! It. Tastes a bit bitter!

Anyway coyr!